I would take Dez

Fitz would be next .... and then Andre.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
zrinkill;3704010 said:
Not me.

I would take Dez

Fitz would be next .... and then Andre.

Absolute talent, I take Megatron. He would make Dez a #2, sorry.

For this team, I take Dez. We need players who can fire the whole team up on the sidelines cause there is more to this game than just talent.

Andre is the best WR in the league, and the closest comparison to Dez. Let's wait and see if Dez can live up to it, cause regardless of whether we wanna admit it, Dez has been featured here. Jerry is a master marketer, and sometimes its about opportunities and not how many Roddy White passes you receive when your not even open.

Fitz, well he is cuddled in a corner wishin that Kurt was still playing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;3704038 said:
Absolute talent, I take Megatron. He would make Dez a #2, sorry.

See .... I understand why someone would say that since Dez has not proven anything in the NFL yet.

But watching this kid since high school ..... I just do not believe that.

I do not think anyone has the skills he has.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
zrinkill;3704049 said:
See .... I understand why someone would say that since Dez has not proven anything in the NFL yet.

But watching this kid since high school ..... I just do not believe that.

I do not think anyone has the skills he has.

On this team, right now, we need Dez wearing #88.

Was Rice better than Irvin in 1995 (Irvin's best stat season). Its about the team, we need Dez, right now.

If we have learned anything this season, its not all about talent. Can Dez be the best WR in the NFL, well it doesn't matter. What matters is if he can put number 6 on our finger.

Yeah he can do that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;3704103 said:
Can Dez be the best WR in the NFL, well it doesn't matter. What matters is if he can put number 6 on our finger.

Yeah he can do that.

I think he can do both .... very very soon.

But I get what you are saying.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
After 9 games, no pre-season and no football in the previousl year and a half before that. I'm thinking with time, Dez is going to eclipse Johnson. Both Johnsons.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
zrinkill;3704110 said:
I think he can do both .... very very soon.

But I get what you are saying.

We are on the same page, I would rather be the saints from last year, and the pats this year.....throw it to who is open.

We have the potential to have the best WR duo in the NFL whenever Romo decides he wants to play. Thats Miles and Dez. I don't like Miles and Roy's body language while they are in the WR huddle cause Dez's personality is so dominant but hopefully that will work out with JG......the master politician.

Gimme Dez and a motivated Miles without some hot chick staring at him on Saturday night.....yeah i said that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
NeOnDeioN;3703205 said:
lol u people want to ignore the fact that fitzgerald is better than both of them

Maybe.

But who they're really forgetting is the guy that I believe is the best WR in the entire NFL...Andre Johnson.

I think he's better than all of them right now. Though I do believe, cause of his passion, body control, and hands that Dez just might turn out to be the best in the league in a few years.

Romo 2 Austin;3703780 said:
Its Calvin, and we have a WR on this roster thats better than either of em

Shocker.

And you're wrong. As usual.

I love Miles but he's not better than Calvin. He's not better than Fitz. He's not better than Johnson.

Currently I have him better than Dez. In 2 years he won't even be the best WR on his own team, let alone the league.

Romo 2 Austin;3703782 said:
I love posts that make sense. :post:

Except it doesn't.

He posted it with the claim that Austin has better stats.

Which obviously he's wrong or can't read what he typed.

Calvin, with worse QBing and team around him, has 2 more catches and 7 more TDS. The only thing Miles has more of is about, what, 46 more yards?

So the stats he posted for this year only prove how much better Calvin is then Miles. If you switched those two, and put Miles in Detriot, and let Calvin have Romo the majority of the time it would be disgusting how big the numbers would be that Calvin could put up.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3703725 said:
If Miles is struggling soooo badly, why does he have better stats than Calvin Johnson, the player you tout as being soooo much better than Miles.

Miles: 47 catches 725 yards 2 TD's 63% catch rate
CJ: 49 catches 679 yards 9 TD's 56% catch rate

Or how about last season?

Miles: 81 catches 1320 yards 11 TDs, 65% catch rate
CJ: 67 catches 984 yards 5 TDs, 49% catch rate

So, since 09, the comparisons are:

Miles: 128 catches 2045 yards, 13 TDs, 64% catch rate
CJ: 116 catches, 1663 yards, 14 TDs, 53% catch rate

Gee....I wonder who I would take here :eek:

YR

Dear Yakuza,

I'd like to welcome you into a new era of research and information called the Computer Age. See, now we have access to vasts amounts of information that wasn't so easily accessible say, 20-30 years ago. Please feel free to utilize all that's available to you.

I wonder if Calvin Johnson's numbers might be somewhat affected by the fact his starting QB (Matt Stafford) has missed six of the nine games played this season? You know, Stafford is the Lions' QB that sports a 91.3 QB rating to go along with 6 TD & 1 INT, 60% comp. in the three games he was able to play.

"...why does he (Austin) have better stats than Johnson, the player you tout as being sooo better than Miles"

Aw, that's cute, but I never said anything of the sort.

See, all I've done is point out how ridiculously dumb your critique of another player (Calvin Johnson) was. Especially, when you front with the statement "I'm being as objective as possible."

I also enjoyed highlighting the fact you ignorantly (in true homer fashion) put your foot-in-mouth when you said "...Miles hasn't struggled this season."

I brought up four games in which by any standard of measure show that Austin struggled and you still haven't addressed it.

But no worries, I wouldn't expect you to. That would require a dyed-in-the-wool homer to be intellectually honest and objective, requirements that aren't prequisites to being a homer.

It's hilarious that you keep trumping up like "catch-rate%," an ambigious metric that saddles a receiver unfairly with a statistic that is completely dependent on his respective QB's accuracy.

Why don't we talk about things that matter, like touchdowns? Beyond that, the fact you're trying to bring up statistics tells me you miss the point entirely. Are you going to argue with me that Brandon Lloyd is now the league's best receiver because of the year he's having? No, because every year there is a new leader in different categories, so just looking at who has better stats is a oversimplified approach. So what we are talking about here is ability.

Again, I offer you the opportunity to private message me so we can set up a time where I can teach you the game of football.

Sincerely,
An objective football fan

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
realtick;3704276 said:
I wonder if Calvin Johnson's numbers might be somewhat affected by the fact his starting QB (Matt Stafford) has missed six of the nine games played this season?

psssttt

Romo is hurt also

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;3704005 said:
Yes, wouldn't even need to think about that

See I don't see how Calvin is better than Miles.

Miles has a much better all around game imo and can create for himself better than Calvin can.

Not to mention Miles might be the best Run after Catch guy in the league and most unique receiver in the league.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3704281 said:
psssttt

Romo is hurt also

Psssssstttt,

I know that. But you need to realize Romo has missed 3 games (...plus part of the game he was injured in). Stafford has missed 6 games (...plus part of the game he was injured in).

So there is a rather large difference there. Also, some of Austin's worst games were when Romo was healthy.

Psssstt, thanks for playing.

And please be quite! The homers are coming!!!!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
realtick;3704276 said:
Dear Yakuza,

I'd like to welcome you into a new era of research and information called the Computer Age. See, now we have access to vasts amounts of information that wasn't so easily accessible say, 20-30 years ago. Please feel free to utilize all that's available to you.

I wonder if Calvin Johnson's numbers might be somewhat affected by the fact his starting QB (Matt Stafford) has missed six of the nine games played this season? You know, Stafford's the Lions' QB that sports a 91.3 QB rating to go along with 6 TD & 1 INT, 60% comp. in the three games he was able to play.

"...why does he (Austin) have better stats than Johnson, the player you tout as being sooo better than Miles"

Aw, that's cute, but I never said anything of the sort.

See, all I've done is point out how ridiculously dumb your critique of another player (Calvin Johnson) was. Especially, when you front with the statement "I'm being as objective as possible."

I also enjoyed highlighting the fact you ignorantly (in true homer fashion) put your foot-in-mouth when you said "...Miles hasn't struggled this season."

I brought up four games in which by any standard of measure show that Austin struggled and you still haven't addressed it.

But no worries, I wouldn't expect you to. That would require a dyed-in-the-wool homer to be intellectually honest and objective, requirements that aren't prequisites to being a homer.

It's hilarious that you keep trumping up like "catch-rate%," an ambigious metric that saddles a receiver unfairly with a statistic that is completely dependent on his respective QB's accuracy.

Why don't we talk about things that matter, like touchdowns? Beyond that, the fact you're trying to bring up statistics tells me you miss the point entirely. Are you going to argue with me that Brandon Lloyd is now the league's best receiver because of the year he's having? No, because every year there is a new leader in different categories, so just looking at who has better stats is a oversimplified approach. So what we are talking about here is ability.

Again, I offer you the opportunity to private message me so we can set up a time where I can teach you the game of football.

Sincerely,
An objective football fan

They are both great WRs. Fast and big. Dez is better at jump balls and has better hands on top of the fact that he is 4 years younger. For any team would be a win / win to have either, but there is one upside that will IMO always make Dez more valuable. Watch them both play the game of football. Effort and WOW factor. Calvin is impressive in what he can do. Dez knocks peoples socks off with what he does. Then their is the passion for the game...

You can take your Calvin Johnson argument and walk. I take Dez and wouldn't look back.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
realtick;3704294 said:
Psssssstttt,

I know that. But you need to realize Romo has missed 3 games (...plus part of the game he was injured in). Stafford has missed 6 games (...plus part of the game he was injured in).

So there is a rather large difference there. Also, some of Austin's worst games were when Romo was healthy.

Psssstt, thanks for playing.

And please be quite! The homers are coming!!!!

psst, you realize the Dez has really started to come alive since Romo went down right? What happens when he gets back? More WOW factor or Calvin Johnson teaches him a lesson? Yeah, thats what I thought.

So no. THANK YOU for playing....

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3704297 said:
They are both great WRs. Fast and big. Dez is better at jump balls and has better hands on top of the fact that he is 4 years younger. For any team would be a win / win to have either, but there is one upside that will IMO always make Dez more valuable. Watch them both play the game of football. Effort and WOW factor. Calvin is impressive in what he can do. Dez knocks peoples socks off with what he does. Then their is the passion for the game...

You can take your Calvin Johnson argument and walk. I take Dez and wouldn't look back.

Well unfortunately, the discussion I was having with Yakuza wasn't about Dez vs. Calvin Johnson.

He was giving me his reasons for why he'd take Miles Austin over CJ too. That's his opinion, which is fine, but how he came to that conclusion is plainly silly.

BTW, as far as Dez vs. CJ, I'm taking Dez too, for all the same reasons you mentioned.

I love Dez's want-to, that's something that you're born with and a fire that can't be quenched.