Who else has finally lost all hope for good?

Darkhound

Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

Horrible front office, and as an organization we are a joke.
The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

I dont think we will EVER be a powerhouse ever again.

Bad decision after bad decision.
Pathetic wanna be coaches....

For me, our beloved Cowboys are a joke and a disgrace

Who else feels this way?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm very upset about this season, I think any fan should be. I can't say I lost all hope and respect for this franchise.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I want to give this post a dislike, because this sense of abandonment is completely inconsistent with the heart of an athlete, and even a fan.

Never say never.

Darkhound

Reaction score
15+ years of negligence and incompetence.. is that not enough for you Doc50?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I'm not as low as I was in 88-89 but it's close... Now, the minute we draft a blue chip QB I really think we'll turn around

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

Who else feels this way?

The problem with the front office is as follows: Their is ZERO incentive to change. The amount of money they rake in EMPOWERS them to stay the course. A front office has 2 goals. Win off the field....win on the field. IF....IF...they HAD to choose one. They would choose win OFF the field. Well....Dallas is winning off the field...winning moreso than ANY other team in the NFL. So with the money secure...Jerry and his Family....and the Garrets and their family...can pretend they know what they are doing for the foreseeable future...so with all of Jerry and his kids in key positions....with a lot of the Garretts in key positions...YES......YES...I have lost hope.

IF....IF...they had shown me any evidence that they know what they are doing...I could accept down years. But to many of the SAME names have been around for the past 20 years of losing...for me to have any faith. Since Jimmy left the building.....no one in this organization has shown a winning formula. And I am not some spoiled fan. I know playoffs/Super Bowls are not promised every year. But is almost like Jerry and braintrust did not notice how hard we struggled at times this year to get a simple FIRST DOWN. How hard we struggled to score 1....1....TD in a game. That should not happen in 2015...regardless of who you have a QB...but definitely should not happen with the OL we had. Our approach to offensive football is to reliant on top 3 talents at the skill positions. And our GM showed how ignorant he was to this point...by thinking ANYONE could be a RB behind this OL...and the offense would just keep churning. Our 20 year GM...showed what many of already know....he is watching...but he does not comprehend what he is looking at. Yesterday...he admitted how dumbfounded he was that we could not coach the healthy players up enough to win a few games. That tells me you do not really understand what you do have in Garrett. This offense thrives after plays breakdown and Romo extends them with HIS talent. The coaches do NOT take the talent we have and run a scheme to force to put a defense on it's heels. We ain't tricking nobody. We will overpower you with talent. And when we cannot...it's a wrap. What Garret wants to do works in college. Where the top tier schools overwhelm the opponent with talent. Which is why you see so many college players come to the NFL and bust. Because everyone at this level is talented. So Garrett offers no advantage on the sideline...and I feel hopeless because Jerry decides who does/does not coach this team...and he believes in Garrett....and that is aside from the fact of the belief Jerry has in himself as a football man. It's a mess. It's a mess!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who else feels this way?
Hard to believe just 12 months ago you couldn't wait to cheer for our team in the playoffs.

Add a healthy Romo and Dez and were good for next year.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Tldr but Im sure it was a well written post about repeating the same things over and over :rolleyes:

The problem with the front office is as follows: Their is ZERO incentive to change. The amount of money they rake in EMPOWERS them to stay the course. A front office has 2 goals. Win off the field....win on the field. IF....IF...they HAD to choose one. They would choose win OFF the field. Well....Dallas is winning off the field...winning moreso than ANY other team in the NFL. So with the money secure...Jerry and his Family....and the Garrets and their family...can pretend they know what they are doing for the foreseeable future...so with all of Jerry and his kids in key positions....with a lot of the Garretts in key positions...YES......YES...I have lost hope.

IF....IF...they had shown me any evidence that they know what they are doing...I could accept down years. But to many of the SAME names have been around for the past 20 years of losing...for me to have any faith. Since Jimmy left the building.....no one in this organization has shown a winning formula. And I am not some spoiled fan. I know playoffs/Super Bowls are not promised every year. But is almost like Jerry and braintrust did not notice how hard we struggled at times this year to get a simple FIRST DOWN. How hard we struggled to score 1....1....TD in a game. That should not happen in 2015...regardless of who you have a QB...but definitely should not happen with the OL we had. Our approach to offensive football is to reliant on top 3 talents at the skill positions. And our GM showed how ignorant he was to this point...by thinking ANYONE could be a RB behind this OL...and the offense would just keep churning. Our 20 year GM...showed what many of already know....he is watching...but he does not comprehend what he is looking at. Yesterday...he admitted how dumbfounded he was that we could not coach the healthy players up enough to win a few games. That tells me you do not really understand what you do have in Garrett. This offense thrives after plays breakdown and Romo extends them with HIS talent. The coaches do NOT take the talent we have and run a scheme to force to put a defense on it's heels. We ain't tricking nobody. We will overpower you with talent. And when we cannot...it's a wrap. What Garret wants to do works in college. Where the top tier schools overwhelm the opponent with talent. Which is why you see so many college players come to the NFL and bust. Because everyone at this level is talented. So Garrett offers no advantage on the sideline...and I feel hopeless because Jerry decides who does/does not coach this team...and he believes in Garrett....and that is aside from the fact of the belief Jerry has in himself as a football man. It's a mess. It's a mess!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think some may be getting a little melodramatic here, if you lost all hope then why would you still be here posting on the Cowboys?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I have. It's safe to say dallas won't sniff a sb for at least another 5 years. 2 good seasons and one ok season out of the last 20 says everything you need to know.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Who else feels this way?

I don't AND feel that any Cowboy fan that has given up all hope should stay away and spare the rest of us your gloom.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've not lost hope but I've resigned myself to the fact that this team isn't sniffing a SB in the next few years while Garrett is in charge.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
15+ years of negligence and incompetence.. is that not enough for you Doc50?

No, because I've been with the 'Boys since day 1, and suffered through those early years against the Packers, Browns, and Colts, when we were cast as not good enough. I think the constant evolution of teams and management are enough to hold out hope the we will again rise from the ashes, and other dominant franchises will fall (yes, the Browns used to be good).

For those who think that ownership will always screw it up, JJ did win with Jimmy, and it could happen again.
Plus, Father Time is undefeated, and JJ won't be a factor that much longer.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Jerry Jones had "luck" with Jimmy.. once they couldn't coexist and JIMMY was shown the exit.. things began to dismantle ever since.
The SB won with Switzer was more of an inertia and of a powerful team more than anything.. it was not Switzers doing imo

Dracula

Reaction score
Don't shoot the Sydla messenger,he's just speaking what he sees and thinks. I agree with him, to a degree. I'm not so much down on Garrett as I am on the egotist running the organization. The devil is in the details. I could waste a lot of time posting season results during the Jones era but why waste the time. If you subtract the Johnson years, Jerrah's been in total control and his record as GM sucks, period! Garretts record is pretty indicative of every head coach since Johnson and who has hired every head coach since Johnson left in '93? You can continue to drink the Jerrah Koolaid but, at some point, realization will smack you across the face and you will realize that Sydla was right. As long as Jerrah is calling the shots, the Cowboys will stink at around .500 mediocre ball. It is what it is because that is what it has been for the last almost 30 years during the Jerrah reign.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I will always hope, but came to realize a few years back that the Cowboys will not go to another SB while Jerry is alive. Hope I'm wrong. It is what it is.