Who else is numb and really doesn't even care after the last two weeks?

kskboys

Reaction score
I was a military brat. My father is from Battle Creek, MI and my mom is from Dallas, TX (Bryan Adams high school grad). We lived in Australia when I was little and mom always told me about the Cowboys. I did not get to see an American football game until we left Australia and stayed with my grandparents in Dallas for a few weeks while we were en route to our new house in California. Those few weeks were in January of 1978. The first Cowboys game I ever saw was them defeating the Broncos in the Super Bowl. The entire house, hell, the entire neighborhood was euphoric that night. It was a great way to be introduced to the mythical warriors that my mother had told me about my entire childhood up to that point. Needless to say, my Cowboy fandom was set into stone that night when I was 7 years old.

I told you all that to tell you this; my affinity with the Cowboys is not something I can just turn on and off at will. It is an indelible part of my being. Just like the music you listen to or the kind of cars you gravitate towards. If you LOVE Camaros you will always love them, even if the new models take some getting used to (or even if they downright SUCK). Nothing the Cowboys can do or not do will make them NOT a part of who I am at my core. This is both a blessing and a curse, but it is a fact. I guess what I am saying is that if they win I am happy and if they lose I am sad, but I keep it in perspective. They are indeed part of who I am, but they aren't a major part. My life functions won't cease if the Cowboys fail, likewise I won't be faster or stronger or more handsome if they succeed. Football is just a distraction for almost everyone on this board. Realize that and prioritize that in your life accordingly.

Mine will.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will always love the Cowboys, no matter how much they frustrate me. With that said, I do feel a little hopeless, like nothing will ever change. I'm excited for a coaching change, even though that feels like a dream, but who will be the next schmuck to come in here and get micro-managed by Jerry and company? Just feels like we keep going in circles. With all that said, I'll continue to watch, never miss a game, and punish my football watching mental well being.

kramskoi

Reaction score
The last two weeks?

For me personally I had to just walk away from all the media and anticipation for upcoming games.
There is no way I could ever have seen winning the first three games in the fashion we did and then
laying a turd in the bed two weeks in a row in the fashion we did. It defies logic quite honestly
and at this point I;m just numb and unattached comparatively to how I was after going 3-0.

The ups and downs are too much take with this team. Just when you think they have one side of the ball figured out something happens on the other side that leaves you scratching your head. It wouldn't be so bad if it hasn't been 20 plus years of horrible luck, but now it's bordering on insanity.

I'm just wondering who else has gone a bit numb? It's kind of like self protection/preservation is kicking in.. Thanks Jerrah..
It doesn't defy logic. The Giants were hit with a new Cowboys passing scheme that resulted in guys running wild in their secondary. Washington and Miami...bottom feeders. They were cupcakes. The test was always going to be New Orleans and Green Bay...two teams that were legitimate Superbowl contenders before the season started...two teams with first ballot H0F quarterbacks behind center and excellent coaching. The Cowboys failed "miserably". Sure they can bounce back and beat the bottom-feeding Jets, but what happens when they have to play another Superbowl contender? Another face-plant?

Too many people are too comfortable in Dallas. The Dallas fan base have grown too comfortable with mediocrity, spiced with an occasional sugar-high (one and done) playoff appearance. In my opinion we are kidding ourselves with the current situation. Garrett has been in control for nearly ten years now, and has not moved this team beyond the divisional round of the playoffs...even with a first-round bye in his pocket.

I don't know "what" the answer is ultimately, but the Jekyll and Hyde act that is currently on display just ain't going to cut it anymore...at least for me. The emotional investment is better spent on other things.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The team has amassed some talent, but the coaching is second rate....almost reactive and never proactive.

That's on Jerry. He doesn't want anyone who will come in and take any credit.

Its gotta be his deal. He won't change.

He once called it an "advantage" that he can fail and keep coming back for more.

What's that tell you?