Who ever said the refs would take it from us was absolutely right (Gifs & Audio/Post 83)

TheHerd

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this board cries about the officials after EVERY loss. If it wasn't the tripping call it'd be some other call that "screwed" us.

We even have people preemptively whining about how we're going to get screwed, Goodell/Mara, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Every NFL game could be parsed to death, blaming the officials, but fans only pay attention to their own team so the league is out to get them!
Not true. Before Jerry screwed the NFL with the lawsuit, I often said we got away with murder. Watch Irvin pushing off to get open back in the day.

Since Jerry forced the issue with the lawsuit, we have gotten screwed a LOT more than we've been benefitted.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories. Y'all need to watch more football. The refs have been atrocious in many games against many teams this year. Logic would dictate that the NFL brass would actually have preferred the Cowboys beat the Pats as it would generate a bigger story. Plus, 31 markets are really tired of the Pats, and no matter what you say, the Cowboys draw huge ratings.

CWR

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this board cries about the officials after EVERY loss. If it wasn't the tripping call it'd be some other call that "screwed" us.

We even have people preemptively whining about how we're going to get screwed, Goodell/Mara, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Every NFL game could be parsed to death, blaming the officials, but fans only pay attention to their own team so the league is out to get them!

This is the only game this season I think officiating has killed us. The other games we've lost I put on coaching and execution. Obviously that impacts every game, I just think we had probably done enough to win this one if not for some erroneous calls. Like I said before though, that's what the league has become. Its not enough to be better than the other team, you have to be better than bad calls also. Fans are disgusted with officiating league wide. Its been a problem and its not being effectively addressed.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Pardon my neglecting to read the posts on this thread, but has it been shared that Belichick got in the Ref's ear before the game about the Cowboys Center tripping defenders all the time. If true, the Ref should be suspended because what was called was not an infractions just what Belichick wanted them to see.

Kaiser

Reaction score

I've never said a bad call has cost us a game, though some have contributed.

If you believe its all random, the calls even out and Dallas fans are whiners, could you post the blatantly bad calls that went our way over the last three years? Because I can give you six that went against us off the top of my head, just from the Pats and Packers games.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is the only game this season I think officiating has killed us.

I don't think any of these calls were the reason we lost any games, but it shouldn't be an issue to start with. Both teams should be on a level playing ground, you don't give the Yankees four strikes in every key AB in their key games.

aria

Reaction score
Funny how no one wants to comment on the video clips and links I posted. Doesn’t fit too well with the conspiracy theory agenda, does it?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I about lost it when Mike Perreira got on there and defended it.

Someone, I'm thinking Aikman, lost it on air, and can be heard snorting incredulously in the background at Perreira's explanation.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bad calls happen every game.

There are bad calls, and there are BS ones. We seem to get a lot of weird interpretations of the rules.

UnCatch
Player going in and out of huddle
Center moves the ball
olineman moving his leg

Two of these bogus calls are on Frederick, generally credited as being as smart as they come in football, and both times Frederick is calling BS.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Well how can i compete with such a football god such as your 3 year old son? He probably runs laps around you too.

I mean anyone's 3 year old sons watching saw it wasn't a tripping on either play. Hell I bet there might even be a few 2 year olds that could see that.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It's time to call it like it is: the NFL wanted the Pats to win/Boys to lose, and the refs made it happen.

CWR

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories. Y'all need to watch more football. The refs have been atrocious in many games against many teams this year. Logic would dictate that the NFL brass would actually have preferred the Cowboys beat the Pats as it would generate a bigger story. Plus, 31 markets are really tired of the Pats, and no matter what you say, the Cowboys draw huge ratings.

I dont know if logic dictates that. People love to hate the Cowboys. The NFL is just fine with us losing as long as we make it interesting.