Who ever said the refs would take it from us was absolutely right (Gifs & Audio/Post 83)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn’t look like that at all. Pretty much the entire world is saying it was a terrible call. It was a terrible call.

Not true. In fact, there was as an ex-offical arguing with Aikman on air about it. The only point to made here is that it is an unusual call. In fact, 50% of the NFL's tripping calls were made in todays game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not true. In fact, there was as an ex-offical arguing with Aikman on air about it. The only point to made here is that it is an unusual call. In fact, 50% of the NFL's tripping calls were made in todays game.

It was a horrific call. Absolutely terrible. If you don’t believe that. That’s great. But it was awful.

and again pretty much everybody is saying it was. Thanks for the one example of somebody who didn’t.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a horrific call. Absolutely terrible. If you don’t believe that. That’s great. But it was awful.

and again pretty much everybody is saying it was. Thanks for the one example of somebody who didn’t.

Not arguing national reaction. It was a very questionable call and a rare one at that. That said, officiating is part of the game and there many other reasons we lost this one.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Glad we got our excuse so we didn't have to see the Cowboys come up short on their 94 yard game winning drive, in a game where they hadn't scored a TD.

There were still over 50 yards to go when that flag was thrown but no matter - THAT'S WHY WE LOST!

The blocked punt? The gutless decisions? Nah, none of that stuff mattered. It was those darn, dirty refs again. :rolleyes:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not arguing national reaction. It was a very questionable call and a rare one at that. That said, officiating is part of the game and there many other reasons we lost this one.

well of course there’s a ton of other reasons. The red headed genius being #1 IMO.

I would rather refs not call ticky tack crazy calls with the game on the line though.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Another fan stuck in a parallel universe. One of the worst calls I've ever seen, 2x in the same game.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Right!!! That was the only play of the game!! No other plays mattered.

That’s called sarcasm.

The block mattered. Great point. It did not cause the refs in any way to make those tripping calls.

They affected the game as well and, unlike the punt block, weren’t within the rules of the game.
@Jake , I’m sure you’re out for the night.

Can you please address my retort and explain your point of view?

Thanks

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well of course there’s a ton of other reasons. The red headed genius being #1 IMO.

I would rather refs not call ticky tack crazy calls with the game on the line though.

I don't think its a coincidence we got called twice for it today. Money says Belechek got into somebody's ear and clued them into looking for this junk. It might be that we do this all the time and its just not called.

Zman5

Reaction score
Sure you can argue it. If you are a cowboy fan, its clearly incidental. If you are a Pats fans, it was clearly an attempt to trip up the defender.

Go read the Pat's forum. None of them think it was a trip. Some think it was a make up call from a hold they supposedly didn't get previously.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I saw a show earlier today where they were talking about the "tuck rule" game where the refs took a victory away from the Raiders and handed it to the Patriots. The Pats got handed another game today by the refs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go read the Pat's forum. None of them think it was a trip. Some think it was a make up call from a hold they supposedly didn't get previously.

I see freddy's right leg lift and move to the right........the defender stumbles and Zach pushes him to the ground. I doubt we are going to get any kind of apology or admission of error.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't think its a coincidence we got called twice for it today. Money says Belechek got into somebody's ear and clued them into looking for this junk. It might be that we do this all the time and its just not called.

If so. Also indicative of poor coaching. So wouldn’t surprise me.

Zman5

Reaction score
I see freddy's right leg lift and move to the right........the defender stumbles and Zach pushes him to the ground. I doubt we are going to get any kind of apology or admission of error.

I'm positive we won't get any apology or admission of error.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Was absolutely right. Not one but two bogus tripping calls. You can’t make this stuff up.

Yup, usually I don't like blaming the refs for loses. But this game was so close that each call could of made the difference in the game. There wasn't even the usual makeup call refs make when they know they were wrong ;)

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Sure you can argue it. If you are a cowboy fan, its clearly incidental. If you are a Pats fans, it was clearly an attempt to trip up the defender.

Difference being that a lot of Non Cowboys fans are calling it incidental. While it's mostly Patriots fans who will defend it as being the right all. So is it okay for Refs to try and read a players mind and call a penalty on them based on what they believe the players intended or attempted to do. Even if their isn't an actual penalty on the play committed?