Who gets cut tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think armstrong is going to get cut. Taco is going before Armstrong.
Probably neither one.

The coaches really like Armstrong.

Taco's contract is guaranteed for this season and next.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
whose the depth at LB if Gifford is cut ? Joe Thomas and Justin March ?
do we really want to risk it being that thin with Lee's durability uncertainty ?
and March isn't much of a player as a base LB, his claim to fame is what he does on special teams, imo.
Woods o

More likely it would be Gifford - we have LB depth.

They could move Gifford to IR. He is highly unlikely to get cut.

They've kept Gifford on the 53 while he is injured and they wanted to have an extra healthy LB on the 53 (Covington) but that didn't work out and they had to keep him on the PS.

This is the only year since Marinelli has been here that they don't have 7 LBs on the 53 (1 year the 7th was suspended for the first 4 games making it technically only 6 on the 53 for those 4 weeks).

quickccc

Reaction score
Broaddus is good at just looking at a play and instantly giving his opinion about it and the players involved in it.

Broaddus is terrible at anything that requires more in depth analysis or scenario type thinking.

For example, he is OK when just analyzing what he sees from a draft prospect; however, when it comes to ranking that prospect relative to other prospects either at the same position or overall, then his brain goes haywire.

He is actually decent when he does the preseason radio broadcasts with Brad Sham (Babe is on TV during the preseason).

Oddly, I think he missed his calling in that doing color commentary during games seems to fit him. No in depth thinking required. Just call out what you see.

I still cannot believe I heard Broaddus on more than one occasion (on talking cowboys show), say that if it was up to him, ..he would bring the entire coaching staff back and
make them prove themselves all over again, ..( lol, .are you kidding me, Brian ?!!)

But when it comes to his Draft show that he has with David Helman/Dane Brugler, he will occasionally give some interesting hints/clues of what makes a certain player stand out or what
NFL coaches/scouts are looking for in a certain position, what makes a this/that player is a full time back or scat back .. a No.1 or No.2 WR, .. TE or H-Back.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could move Gifford to IR. He is highly unlikely to get cut.

They've kept Gifford on the 53 while he is injured and they wanted to have an extra healthy LB on the 53 (Covington) but that didn't work out and they had to keep him on the PS.

This is the only year since Marinelli has been here that they don't have 7 LBs on the 53 (1 year the 7th was suspended for the first 4 games making it technically only 6 on the 53 for those 4 weeks).
Who do you go with?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...says a lot given the injuries to Crawford and Woods

And someone help me out, I didn't see much of the preseason, so was Knight that good? The fact that he isn't in the discussion is surprising

I think it's two things:
  1. They clearly see upside in Knight
  2. He can play both guard and tackle
I think they realize that they have a lot of offensive line options inside and not enough outside.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow.

Two years in and he we are already.

That's some epic failure all around there.
He'll be signed shortly after cut and end up producing on another team AND we will hear about it for the next 5 years. You know, typically message board stuff :)

Something has just been off with this Taco vs Cowboys deal - he showed up in preseason - but yet doesn't get to play. Who knows what all is going on there.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Gotta be Knight or Redmond. They only kept the extra OL because of the nagging injuries to the starters, which seems to be resolved.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll be signed shortly after cut and end up producing on another team AND we will hear about it for the next 5 years. You know, typically message board stuff :)

Something has just been off with this Taco vs Cowboys deal - he showed up in preseason - but yet doesn't get to play. Who knows what all is going on there.

I think it's all attitude related. I think Taco's an entitled child who expects things to be handed to him and his attitude sucks when that doesn't happen.

But that doesn't let the team off the hook because they should have known who they were drafting. They always emphasize 'character' and they clearly didn't in drafting this guy.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Considering that pick could have and should have been TJ Watt?

I am.
:angry:

The lesson here, as always, is that you don't listen to Marinelli when it comes to personnel. Just seems like every time you here whispers that Rod doesn't think a guy is a fit (Watt), or he's wild about someone's length (Taco), demeanor (Hill), Hot Rod really has no idea. Just coach, leave the drafting to the personnel dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.