Who has a better shot to be a legitimate quality lineman, Biadasz or Steele?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have confidence in Tyler Smith doing his part. Once he gets his feet wet and into the 2nd half of the season he will be fine.

So this Oline restructuring is coming down 3 things................Tyron Smith health, and then the progress of Biadasz and Steele the young question marks on this line.

Chances are only one of them is going to work out if either.

-Which one would you rather see turn into the starter that we are looking for?

- Which one do you think has the better shot of actually doing it?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have confidence in Tyler Smith doing his part. Once he gets his feet wet and into the 2nd half of the season he will be fine.

So this Oline restructuring is coming down 3 things................Tyron Smith health, and then the progress of Biadasz and Steele the young question marks on this line.

Well if Im playing by your rules and can only choose one, than I want Biadasz to step it up, finding a starting center is a bit harder than RT.
We need both.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well if Im playing by your rules and can only choose one, than I want Biadasz to step it up, finding a starting center is a bit harder than RT.
We need both.

Yah, Im on the fence. I think Biadasz has a better shot to be a good center, but I am like a lot of these guys on here and I think center is the 2nd most important position on the line. I want a great center.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yah, Im on the fence. I think Biadasz has a better shot to be a good center, but I am like a lot of these guys on here and I think center is the 2nd most important position on the line. I want a great center.
We all should, but all we got is what we have, and right now at the very least we have some comp there for once.
I want Biadasz to keep everyone under him on the bench, but he has some comp in camp.
Farniok
Lindstrom
Empey
Might not be much, but its more than what we have had this early.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We all should, but all we got is what we have, and right now at the very least we have some comp there for once.
I want Biadasz to keep everyone under him on the bench, but he has some comp in camp.
Farniok
Lindstrom
Empey
Might not be much, but its more than what we have had this early.

I dont think its a matter of being pushed. Its about Biadasz getting stronger and taking the next step.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I dont think its a matter of being pushed. Its about Biadasz getting stronger and taking the next step.
Sometimes thats what it takes, but Biadasz is just getting around to figuring it out, a lot of pressure on him to succeed, and in no way am I counting him out, he is penciled in right now.
This entire OL will gain depth this season, there have been some darts thrown.
Depth is as important as the grades and lists that constantly get posted, but having depth that can at least not get bulldozed is huge advantage when a starter goes down.
This OL is in a rebuild mode and TS is at the top, but there are openings on this OL to make the final roster.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sometimes thats what it takes, but Biadasz is just getting around to figuring it out, a lot of pressure on him to succeed, and in no way am I counting him out, he is penciled in right now.
This entire OL will gain depth this season, there have been some darts thrown.
Depth is as important as the grades and lists that constantly get posted, but having depth that can at least not get bulldozed is huge advantage when a starter goes down.
This OL is in a rebuild mode and TS is at the top, but there are openings on this OL to make the final roster.

Just getting around to it? You mean in what is really his 2nd season in the pro's?

This about when most lineman start to come around.

Havic

Reaction score
Biadasz needs to turn into a star but Steele is more likely imo.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Tough call, I think they're basically neck & neck, but Biadasz needs to be much better than last season. I feel like we kind of know the caliber of player Steele is. He's pretty good, I just wonder if he improves.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Obviously we need Biadasz to step it up and become the quality C the line desperately needs..., but he has not shown this progress. He seems to be up and down and inconsistent. Has an average game, and then pisses the bed and gets manhandled. . Steele has shown more progress at RT.. once left at RT next to Martin, he seems to work nicely and be a consistent performer. I feel Steele will be the better quality lineman eventually. It would not shock me if Biadasz is pushed really hard the next season or two by one of the younger C on the roster. Making his second contract questionable.
I despise PFF, but for those who always quote them here, they list him as the 18th best center grade the past season. That is not good enough. And my eyes also tell me that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Steele.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Obviously we need Biadasz to step it up and become the quality C the line desperately needs..., but he has not shown this progress. He seems to be up and down and inconsistent. Has an average game, and then pisses the bed and gets manhandled. . Steele has shown more progress at RT.. once left at RT next to Martin, he seems to work nicely and be a consistent performer. I feel Steele will be the better quality lineman eventually. It would not shock me if Biadasz is pushed really hard the next season or two by one of the younger C on the roster. Making his second contract questionable.
I despise PFF, but for those who always quote them here, they list him as the 18th best center grade the past season. That is not good enough. And my eyes also tell me that.

Progress? He essentially played one season. His rookie year was all but a redshirt washout with injuries both before and during the season.

This is the part that confuses me about the criticism. You guys act like he has played 3 full seasons starting and he hasnt gotten any better.

THIS is the year for Biadasz. If he doesnt take the next step then we dont need to wait any longer. He should be replaced in next years draft.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having a very good center is critical. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that guy is on the team yet

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I'm thinking Steele is the answer. He's shown himself to be a very capable RT, and he unseated a veteran in Collins. That's quite an impressive feat.

quickccc

Reaction score
i think Steele has a higher potential ceiling, because his athleticism and physical tools are superior to center Tyler Biadasz

- The reason why Cowboys brought Steele in as an undrafted rookie, was his athleticism, length and size.
But his pass block skills, particularly techniques and strength core and self confidence was horrid.

- To make matters worse, during our global Covid crisis, he had no mini, or OTAs , very limited training camp and zero
preseason. Little wonder he struggled so badly in virtually every single game in 2020,

- Biadasz was supposedly more NFL ready as being a polished, general who was a former Dave Rimington awardee for college's best center.
He's more heady than he is overpowering, or athletically impressive.

- Despite average athleticism and physical tools,.. Cowboys are relying on his instincts and feel for the position.
But i dunno if he can surpass just being an average-decent center. And that's where i feel Tyler B is at this point, imo.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

Steele is pretty close, if not already there. I think he can be a great RT, but please keep him away from the blindside. I had high hopes for TB and am not ready to pull the plug, but on hus best day he's looked pretty mediocre. I'm not sure he has the physical tools to be a better than average center.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Biadasz will not play the full 17. Farniok will pull a Dak and steal his job.

Steele will struggle the second half of the season.

No neither Steele nor Biadasz will establish themselves this season.