Who has a better shot to be a legitimate quality lineman, Biadasz or Steele?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He played in 12 games as a rookie, 17 last yr not including playoffs. that's 30 games. Sink or swim time for him this season, either he solidifies the starting spot or they look for his replacement in next year's draft.

No buddy, he didnt play in 12 game as a rookie. LOL

And yes it is sink or swim time for him as it would be with any 2nd year player coming off what was essentially his rookie season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No buddy, he didnt play in 12 game as a rookie. LOL

And yes it is sink or swim time for him as it would be with any 2nd year player coming off what was essentially his rookie season.
He played in 12 games as a rookie, started 4.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He played in 12 games as a rookie, started 4.

Your wrong. Where you think you are getting your information, you are reading it wrong. Which makes sense because you clearly dont know the history of the kid.

Its obvious to me you are going to his history and reading G and GS. You dont have to play in a game to get it designated as G. Its simply means you were available for that game.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We saw the same issues with Connor Williams. His lack of strength wasn't that much different then when he was as a rookie. Wasn't cause of lack of training, but rather his frame being maxed out.
His biggest issue IMO was consistency. He was fine for most plays but then picked the worst times to get beat or hold.....or both.

Was that issue overall strength? Yeah probably.

He was able to finesse at LT at Texas better than at LG in the NFL.

It gets to where you can only get so strong.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not when your in your early 20's you don't. Most of these kids need to get stronger when they first come into the league.
I'll admit that that's certainly true, on both counts.

But a guy like Tyler Biadasz, after having played at Wisconsin, and been hanging around the NFL since April 2020, is probably close to maxed out strength wise by now. You can't eventually squat 6000 pounds because you do it every day. You hit a wall.

Look, I ain't arguing that he can still be good....and I'm certainly rooting for him....but if he still shows strength issues this season, are we supposed to hope that next year in the weight room fixes that?

I think he can learn leverage, and how to use that better, and be fine, but that has to actually happen, and let's see it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'll admit that that's certainly true, on both counts.

But a guy like Tyler Biadasz, after having played at Wisconsin, and been hanging around the NFL since April 2020, is probably close to maxed out strength wise by now. You can't eventually squat 6000 pounds because you do it every day. You hit a wall.

Look, I ain't arguing that he can still be good....and I'm certainly rooting for him....but if he still shows strength issues this season, are we supposed to hope that next year in the weight room fixes that?

I think he can learn leverage, and how to use that better, and be fine, but that has to actually happen, and let's see it.

Actually, especially not a guy like Biadasz that had really only had two full of seasons and one full starting season. This is the year to see a big jump for him.

No, if he doesnt get things going great this year, then I wouldnt hold out hope for him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Your wrong. Where you think you are getting your information, you are reading it wrong. Which makes sense because you clearly dont know the history of the kid.

Its obvious to me you are going to his history and reading G and GS. You dont have to play in a game to get it designated as G. Its simply means you were available for that game.
On the field game action, not being active backup

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sure buddy, whatever say. He was in and out of every game and playing a lot. He sucks, and he cant get any stronger.

That about sum it up for you? lets move on.

Motorola

Reaction score

Its obvious to me you are going to his history and reading G and GS. You dont have t Io play in a game to get it designated as G. Its simply means you were available for that game.
Biadasz did get into action in 12 games his rookie year....some of the games he was just in on special teams plays.
The breakdown:
In addition to his 4 starts at center (he played 1, 3, 4, and 7 ST plays in those 4 games)
---Biadasz had 4 games where he had no snaps on offense - but he had 4-8 snaps on ST
---He had on game with just 1 snap on offense and 7 snaps on ST, and another game with 2 snaps on offense and 4 on ST.
---Biadasz had one game with 52 snaps on offense, and another with 81 (5 and 2 ST snaps)
---the other 4 games in that seaaon - one DNP, three on IR.
Information from: Pro Football Reference

As an aside: PFR list Tony Romo as 6 games played in 2004 and 16 in 2005.
No snaps as QB/ on offense - but IIRC Romo was the holder for PAT and FG attempts for part of 2004 and all of 2005.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Actually, especially not a guy like Biadasz that had really only had two full of seasons and one full starting season. This is the year to see a big jump for him.

No, if he doesnt get things going great this year, then I wouldnt hold out hope for him.
Yep, and I certainly hope so. I don't care who the center ends up becoming, as long as the play is good enough to win with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Biadasz did get into action in 12 games his rookie year....some of the games he was just in on special teams plays.
The breakdown:
In addition to his 4 starts at center (he played 1, 3, 4, and 7 ST plays in those 4 games)
---Biadasz had 4 games where he had no snaps on offense - but he had 4-8 snaps on ST
---He had on game with just 1 snap on offense and 7 snaps on ST, and another game with 2 snaps on offense and 4 on ST.
---Biadasz had one game with 52 snaps on offense, and another with 81 (5 and 2 ST snaps)
---the other 4 games in that seaaon - one DNP, three on IR.
Information from: Pro Football Reference

As an aside: PFR list Tony Romo as 6 games played in 2004 and 16 in 2005.
No snaps as QB/ on offense - but IIRC Romo was the holder for PAT and FG attempts for part of 2004 and all of 2005.

Exactly. So the 3.5 games he started was really all he had getting quality experience honing his craft.

The rest was just special teams and mop up duty of a few snaps.

Motorola

Reaction score
Exactly. So the 3.5 games he started was really all he had getting quality experience honing his craft.

The rest was just special teams and mop up duty of a few snaps.
It's 6 games- 4 starts and 2 other games where he saw a lot of action.
52 plays on offense in one game, and 81 plays on offense in another....that's not "mop up duty".
In his 4 starts, Biadasz had 66, 89, 57, and 89 plays on offense - 100% of the team's plays offense in each of those games.
In the two non-starting games, Biadasz 52 offensive snaps was 63% of Dallas's total; in his 81-snap game, it was 99% of the Cowboys' total offensive plays (guess he missed one snap then).

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's 6 games- 4 starts and 2 other games where he saw a lot of action.
51 plays on offense in one game, and 81 plays on offense in another....that's not "mop up duty".

Wow, what a rookie season. LOL

The narrative doesn't change.

Last edited:

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I have confidence in Tyler Smith doing his part. Once he gets his feet wet and into the 2nd half of the season he will be fine.

So this Oline restructuring is coming down 3 things................Tyron Smith health, and then the progress of Biadasz and Steele the young question marks on this line.
My
Chances are only one of them is going to work out if either.

-Which one would you rather see turn into the starter that we are looking for?

- Which one do you think has the better shot of actually doing it?
My bet is Stella because of what I hear the staff saying

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just relaying the facts. The player got some action his first year - and it wasn't insignificant.

You made my point look better buddy. Thanks for the numbers.

This guy tried to act like he was playing significantly every week for 12 weeks. I had him playing significant for 4 and the rest special teams.

Motorola

Reaction score
You made my point look better buddy. Thanks for the numbers.

This guy tried to act like he was playing significantly every week for 12 weeks. I had him playing significant for 4 and the rest special teams.
6 games.