Who here been to Marfa,Texas?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think I stopped at the Dairy Queen in Marfa TX once upon a time driving through on my way to somewhere else. Been too long ago to remember where I was going.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Not much to do in Marfa but drive. You mentioned in another thread that you were going to Big Bend. Make sure that leaving or heading to the park from Marfa you drive the Old Persidio Highway or FM 170 out the west entrance of the park. You'll pass through Terlingua ghost town where you can get a beer at a trippy little semi-subterranean bomb shelter/bar called La Kiva, or eat lunch at the Starlight Theatre. FM 170 is one of the prettier stretches to drive in the state and where Fandango was filmed.

There really is nothing to do in Marfa. You could try to see the Marfa Lights, but they're very hit and miss. You'd be better off spending more time in the park, going to the McDonald Observatory, or heading on into Alpine. Lots of good places to eat in Alpine and they have great live music at the Railroad Blues Bar on the weekends.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Not much to do in Marfa but drive. You mentioned in another thread that you were going to Big Bend. Make sure that leaving or heading to the park from Marfa you drive the Old Persidio Highway or FM 170 out the west entrance of the park. You'll pass through Terlingua ghost town where you can get a beer at a trippy little semi-subterranean bomb shelter/bar called La Kiva, or eat lunch at the Starlight Theatre. FM 170 is one of the prettier stretches to drive in the state and where Fandango was filmed.

There really is nothing to do in Marfa. You could try to see the Marfa Lights, but they're very hit and miss. You'd be better off spending more time in the park, going to the McDonald Observatory, or heading on into Alpine. Lots of good places to eat in Alpine and they have great live music at the Railroad Blues Bar on the weekends.
I'm going check out Alpine

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
A railroad executive, suggested by his wife, recalling the name of the heroine in a Russian novel. It's Russian for Martha.

The town started in the early 1880's as a railroad water stop.

Alpine looks cool

yimyammer

Reaction score
Go eat at The Food Shark

o.jpg

The wife and/or girlfriend might enjoy Prada Marfa:

2-prada-marfa-greg-larson.jpg

Them

Reaction score
...I saw a story about in on TV...supposedly one can see the lights, but can never quite track them down to a source.