Who honestly has new hopes for this season?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have to admit, that for the FIRS TIME in a loooong time..... I am at least optimistic. Yes, Jerry is still here and probably will be for a while... but there is a new HC, new stafff and this offseason did look different. I am taking this with caution, and it could very well end up like always.

Any comments?

I was optimistic last year. We started the season on a 3 game win streak with the offense just rolling.

I think if Dak had been healthy for the final Philly game, we end the regular season on a 3 game 40+ points win streak.

The team was massively held back by the coaching staff, who were quite fittingly fired for it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was optimistic last year. We started the season on a 3 game win streak with the offense just rolling.

I think if Dak had been healthy for the final Philly game, we end the regular season on a 3 game 40+ points win streak.

The team was massively held back by the coaching staff, who were quite fittingly fired for it.
That or there was a massive swiss army knife accident...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just for getting rid of Garrett, I have more hope than in the last few years. But then again, having a huge turnover in coaching, even if they're all better than the ones they replaced, it's hard to put all that in the first year. I suspect we'll see improvements here and there, but next year (hate to say that) may be when we'll really see improvement, and a chance to be a real contender...

Javier

Reaction score
Im so happy the Clapper is gone. That always makes me smile.

I expect a more agressive team from the start. Hopefully this team has a different soul than last year.

Just dont be soft like the clapper

reddyuta

Reaction score
Garrett played not to lose,if we can just not do that on both sides of the ball then the season will be a blast to watch.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have to admit, that for the FIRS TIME in a loooong time..... I am at least optimistic. Yes, Jerry is still here and probably will be for a while... but there is a new HC, new stafff and this offseason did look different. I am taking this with caution, and it could very well end up like always.

Any comments?
My only comment, sniffer, is that the GO seems to be finding a spine.
I look forward to this season.

krimson

Reaction score
I'm very excited for the upcoming season. The one thing that brings me back down to earth is how the pandemic will affect the team, game, and season.

Proof

Reaction score
I have hope, and am optimistic. We have a real hc and his handpicked veteran staff. We signed some real life DT’s, a first round, big school, probowl free safety, a starting caliber backup QBs, one of the best kickers in the league, the steal of the draft, and arguably the best suspended / could be reinstated prospects around. Yeah, I’m stoked.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
While I love the staff changes, I expect the upcoming season to be a formative one. I'm inclined to reserve most of my optimism for 2021. That's when the new staff and the needed adjustments might be likely to benefit us the most. We're on the right track. Time should be on our side, especially with another successful offseason to help us even more. That's not to say 2020 won't be a hoot, though. I think we'll be quite pleased, with any luck at all.

Last edited:

HotDog37

Reaction score
I have big hopes because I have wanted us to get away from the Air-Coreyell offense and try the WCO especially when Romo was around but that would have taken a total regime change, and now we have that and once again another QB that I think would play well with a real WCO (Dak), and I am excited for sure. I think what will end up happening is that for this NFL season the start and end times will be changed. Meaning we could start around mid OCT (I am serious) and end late March. That is if we get C19 under control to a good degree. Other than that no NFL season. I predict a late Season, lots of winter games.

Last edited:

Oneiros

Reaction score
I don't see New York, California, and some other states allowing NFL games to be played. Some governors seem to be enjoying the shutdown.
Sad but true. This especially seems to be the case in CA with some of Newsom's recent comments.