Who is a good rb cowboys can snag in 3-4th rnd to spell zeke?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
,,,er,,,:huh:,,, drawing from past history (that past history which didn't have a #12 at Quarter back)
Have we ever utilized an ,not only nice,,,but,,, effective 1&2 running back smashmouth attack?,,, to ultimate the goaled effect,?:starspin:

o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’m against taking a rb that high. He won’t sniff the field like rod smith. I’d rather draft another wr if it’s 3-4 rounds
*I wholeheartedly agreed within the confines of the first half of yer' implied post,my friend!,,, :starspin:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind: We just gave our FB, the third highest contract for a FB in the NFL. I think he will do a lot of the things you guys are imagining that a rookie RB will do.

That being said, I think the 5th round will be the sweet spot. I think some of the 4th round guys will fall and in the fifth round, I would add Devine Ozigbo and Alexander Mattison, who, of course, is from Boise State.....so I think I just answered your question.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cannot justify any pick in Round 2 or 3 for a guy who will average 5 carries per game...

Unless
They don't an on resigning Zeke. Even then no need to do it this year...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
and form a nice 1-2 best rb duo in league, who to look out for, pet cats, etc??
Depends on what you really want from that 2nd HB spot.

Damien Harris is the best back we would get. He is somewhat comparable to Mark Ingram. If you are looking for a back up that can get you 100 yard games if Zeke is out, he is your man. If you are looking for another sledgehammer to wear defense's out while giving Zeke a rest, he is your man. If you are looking for a change of pace back, he is not your name

Mr_437

Reaction score
5th or later for a RB unless he's got some serious juice...then 4th. Only guy I like in the 4th is Trayveon Williams. But, RBs are everywhere DAL can wait unless their just smitten.

I'm out on Harris in the 3rd, not enough snaps for him on this team, and he's not versatile enough to just him not getting snaps away from #21.

Miles Sanders is really good back Imo, some team is gonna get a good one...yeah Sanders in the 3rd would be ok.

Verdammung

Reaction score
I'd like to believe they hit the RB backup with one of their fourth round picks; that to me is where you start looking at role players.

Honestly, it doesn't even really matter to me which one they chose at that point; I've got a whole lot of 4th round grades on runners and any runner I have legit interest in will be off the board.

bodi

Reaction score
L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 227. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.38.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. Three Cone: 7.27.
Bench: 21. Vertical: 33. Broad: 10-0.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.
4/6/19: Two NFL running backs coaches told me that Scott impressed them at the combine with how he looked running the ball in the field drills and his work as a receiver. Scott was injured for a lot of 2018 and missed eight games. As such he had just 79 carries, which he turned into a total of 263 yards - 3.3 average. Scott also had 10 receptions for 95 yards. The injuries could cause Scott to slide even though he has the skill set of an early-rounder.
Scouts think that Scott could be even more athletic and quicker if he drops some weight. They talk about how Le'Veon Bell was too heavy at Michigan State and became a different player after losing weight at the direction of the Steelers. Scott may not get a lot of notice, but teams are eyeing him as a value pick. Scott ran for 994 yards on 184 carries - a 5.4-yard average - with six touchdowns as a sophomore
Read more at http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2019RB.php#hfXpwvwuG55eOyCa.99

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what if a back represents the best value? You want to force a need pick at another position for a lesser talent?

There is a conceivable chance no backs go in the first, only a few in the second and the third could get you a strong starting caliber running back.

I would take that over some dice roll at another position you just happen to "need" more. Especially if the player can catch the football and play on teams well.

The reason why people think that you can find a good back anywhere is that most teams undervalue them to begin with and many teams are too gun shy to spend on one in a passing league.

It is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And if you are a "running team", which I believe we are, you need two backs, not just one. Getting by with mediocre talent like we got away with last with Rod Smith is not always going to happen.

We are one Elliott injury away from a completely impotent offense.

The most important thing is to get good/great players and avoid drafting a bust or a pseudo-bust.

In 2009 if they had drafted LeSean McCoy and Felix/Barber didn't fizzle, they could have traded McCoy a year or two later for a 1st round pick.

An elite pass receiving RB would have an opportunity for more snaps than other backup RBs. He could occasionally be on the field as a WR with Zeke also on the field and could serve as the backup slot WR.

They have Olawale as a big 3rd RB which would allow them to draft a backup that is not quite big enough to be a true starter. If Zeke was out the combo of 239 pound Olawale plus a 200 pound #2 RB would work for a few games.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I can't stop now I have been banging the drum for Memphis RB Darrell Henderson all off-season. Love the fact he has hands, a nose for the endzone, and can finish runs in-between the tackles. I think he'd be perfect behind our line especially with his speed on the edges. Dude shattered D'Angelo Williams records at U of M.