Who is a good rb cowboys can snag in 3-4th rnd to spell zeke?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Willam, Weber, and Sanders are all worthy of a 3rd and would be good backups and possible replacements for EE

Gaede

Reaction score
Don't draft a back up, especially one that plays like Zeke, with a high pick.

Zeke is the best RB in the NFL. He needs a complementary back up, sure. But you can find one anywhere from 4-7.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
From the very little I've watched Trayveon Williams looks like a great candidate.

Seems to do everything well and looks explosive.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't draft a back up, especially one that plays like Zeke, with a high pick.

Zeke is the best RB in the NFL. He needs a complementary back up, sure. But you can find one anywhere from 4-7.
Taking a Rb in the 2nd or 3rd would be foolish.

Let's not make the same mistake we did in 12, wasting a deep DT draft by getting stupid about skill positions.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I still can't understand for one second why we would draft a RB before, maybe, the 5th. This player will get 4-5 touches per game, and I don't think anybody believes it is a good idea to depend on a late-round pick to protect a quarterback.

Sign a vet, move on.

kskboys

Reaction score
I still can't understand for one second why we would draft a RB before, maybe, the 5th. This player will get 4-5 touches per game, and I don't think anybody believes it is a good idea to depend on a late-round pick to protect a quarterback.

Sign a vet, move on.
Yup.

Maybe draft a guy who can pass protect in rounds 5-7, but that's about it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't stop now I have been banging the drum for Memphis RB Darrell Henderson all off-season. Love the fact he has hands, a nose for the endzone, and can finish runs in-between the tackles. I think he'd be perfect behind our line especially with his speed on the edges. Dude shattered D'Angelo Williams records at U of M.
And I don't understand your reasoning. To go RB w/ a high pick in a deep DT and S draft and a huge need there simply makes no sense at all.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yup.

Maybe draft a guy who can pass protect in rounds 5-7, but that's about it.
Well the issue is that, a guy you draft, regardless of where, probably can't be depended on to recognize pressures and pick up the right guy. That's the one area where being a veteran in the NFL is hugely advantageous at the RB position.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well the issue is that, a guy you draft, regardless of where, probably can't be depended on to recognize pressures and pick up the right guy. That's the one area where being a veteran in the NFL is hugely advantageous at the RB position.
I am fine w/ ur idea of picking up a vet.

Nick Brossette would be a nice backup, and is already adept at blocking.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Trayveon Williams is a really good pass blocker...NFL ready.

Johnny23

Reaction score
And I don't understand your reasoning. To go RB w/ a high pick in a deep DT and S draft and a huge need there simply makes no sense at all.
I don't want to pay Zeke and love Henderson on the cheap. Let him walk. I am a fan of Rapp and like him at 58 but others aren't. Henderson's my pet cat regardless of who takes him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't want to pay Zeke and love Henderson on the cheap. Let him walk. I am a fan of Rapp and like him at 58 but others aren't. Henderson's my pet cat regardless of who takes him.
Henderson is a huge liability in pass protection and is not a very good receiver. Doesn't gain the tough yardage. He would be a monstrous downgrade from Zeke.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Henderson is a huge liability in pass protection and is not a very good receiver. Doesn't gain the tough yardage. He would be a monstrous downgrade from Zeke.
Different types of running back. Pollard's the Tyreke Tyreke Hill guy. I am not trying to upgrade and spend a first on Najee Harris or the kid from Wisconsin in 2020 I want a cheap back with burst.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zeke was.
Physically, sure there are guys. But rookies have a learning curve when it comes to assignments and Zeke blew some.

And my point is more that you can't assume that because a guy was a good pass blocker in college, he will be in the NFL. It doesn't always translate so, in that sense, you can't depend on a guy coming in and being that spell back. Its way, way safer to go with a vet who has proven he can handle the role and understandings blocking assignments.