Who is going to be our BJ Raji?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now were cooking with fire!

Get some of that DL beef McCarthy was talking about earlier today.

BrightNarrowFlamingo.gif

Tussinman

Reaction score
Danny Shelton
Great choice

Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are all

1. Free agents
2. Rated higher than any of our DT's by a substanial margin
3. All are estimated to be in the 3 to 5 million dollar a year range (affordable).

This is when you tell Crawford at 8 million this season to kick rocks and sign 2 of the 5 above. Use another draft pick for depth

ondaedg

Reaction score
This! Being undersized by 20 pounds or more will take a toll after a while.

One play i won't forget was against Skins when Rat was pushed back 9yds by a C/G double team and watching him get up looking completely defeated. I was thinking to myself no way this guy lasts long playing nt. Next season was the feud with JJ and his mystery injury.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
One play i won't forget was against Skins when Rat was pushed back 9yds by a C/G double team and watching him get up looking completely defeated. I was thinking to myself no way this guy lasts long playing nt. Next season was the feud with JJ and his mystery injury.

Agree because not all plays you will be man on man, now you have the double team and that will deplete you very quickly.

John813

Reaction score
Nick Golden Cock Hayden

Great choice

Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are all

1. Free agents
2. Rated higher than any of our DT's by a substanial margin
3. All are estimated to be in the 3 to 5 million dollar a year range (affordable).

This is when you tell Crawford at 8 million this season to kick rocks and sign 2 of the 5 above. Use another draft pick for depth

I'll be amazed if some of those guys are in that range.

Phillips signed a 4.5mil prove it contract last year, prior to his career outing. 9.5 sacks as a DT doesn't equal a 3-5mil aav for a new contract.

Michael Pierce is a well known plugger who has weight issues. Those aside, he is a good NT. Doubt he signs for cheap.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Hayden is another Cowboys legend.

I've got no problem investing some moolah into the DT/NT position. Crawford is open to a pay cut right?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep he was good in passing situations. But his career was cut short due to the toll his body took of being an undersized nt in a 3-4
Ratliff would've been considered one of the best UT's of his era if he'd have played the 3 tech w/ a good NT next to him.