Who is LG now?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler Smith is the LT, and Tyron Smith the RT. At least until Steele returns.
I am sure they will move them around to see the best options. Even when Steele returns. Probably Tyron at LT, Tyler at LG.

For now the LG may be Farniok as no other OG's really on the roster, as I don't think Edoga will be penciled in at the moment.
They will be drafting a few OL though, or seems that way.
Peters may not be signed until TC if he wants to come back.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .
Tyler at LG. The reason they were going to throw him at guard in the first place was to mitigate his penalties. He led the league I believe. He also led college in the same stat. I wouldn’t be mad if they drafted another tackle at 26. But that’s me

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Tyler at LG. The reason they were going to throw him at guard in the first place was to mitigate his penalties. He led the league I believe. He also led college in the same stat. I wouldn’t be mad if they drafted another tackle at 26. But that’s me
Don't see Tyler moving to Guard, He's proved last year he's the left tackle going forward, Tyron will be the backup swing tackle if Steele isn't ready to go for training camp, Dallas signed Edoga to a one year deal and I think they'll move him inside to guard to compete for the left guard spot along with a guard/center they draft...

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If Steele is not ready by the beginning of the season...

LT: Tyler Smith
LG: Matt Farniok
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Tyron Smith

If Steele is fully healed and able to start by the beginning of the season...

LT: Tyler Smith
LG: Edoga/Farniok/draft pick
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Terence Steele
LG: Edoga/Farniok/draft pick
Tyron Smith- swing tackle

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Hopefully a decent vet is cut in August off another team. If they draft someone it would have to be the first or second round to be a bonafide starter.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Folks won’t like it but the team may go an inside OG/C in R1.

If we do I’d go Avila > Torrence.
I am getting the feeling that Avila is going to be the pick. I think the team likes his size and his position flex. In college, he played multiple positions on the line. I also think John Michael Schmitz is a possibility.

Ideally one of those two are the pick, after a small trade down in which we pick up an extra 3rd or 4th rounder.

ferrispata

Reaction score
Looks like Tyler did not lead the league. He had 11 penalties in 19 games apparently. 6 lineman had more on a per game basis than he. That being said, I hope he shores up things to lower that number.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You may not like it, but there plan is Tyler Smith at LG once Steele returns. They have Farniok and just signed another low level fa who can play guard in the interim. Think they will probably add another outside the first rd to cover themselves.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I am getting the feeling that Avila is going to be the pick. I think the team likes his size and his position flex. In college, he played multiple positions on the line. I also think John Michael Schmitz is a possibility.

Ideally one of those two are the pick, after a small trade down in which we pick up an extra 3rd or 4th rounder.
Yeah, really like JMS too. I’m probably in the minority but I think Biadasz is really limited and not the longterm solution at the position. JMS is a technician.

Last edited: