Who is on the short list?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I like Ken Norton Jr. I think he's a better defensive coach than Richards. Plus Norton has ties to Dallas and it will allow us to keep Moore as the OC.

Not so much interested in Riley and I don't think Urban is coming to Dallas.

John813

Reaction score
Dan Campbell could be a strong contender since I think Jerry could have more say over coaching staff with Campbell over someone like Meyer.

That way could keep Moore if Jerry is still in love with him.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Mason Barrett

No relation. Jerry's man though, he is not bringing Garrett back

:cool:

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Mike Tomlin would be a coup. If we got him.

That's an understatement bro. In my 40+ years of being a Cowboy fan, I have NEVER once wavered on my fandom for this team. If Jerry were to hire Tomlin, I'm hosting a burn barrel party @ my house. BYOJ. :laugh:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
he seems like he is like Garrett tho

Not at all. They are not good this year but he has consistently won at a tough school. Put a lot of guys in the NFL. His teams are always very physical and well prepped. Good offense. Ever hear him speak? No BS winner.

Not even close.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just want you to know I threw my name in the hat for the HC positon.
I'm going to call the offense, defense and special teams.

If hired, I'm hiring @Ranching as my quality control coach.
This way, the fridge will always be stocked.
I my have a coach's only bar built at The Star.

@Corso will be the Head of Public Relations.
This way, all reporters will be left dumbfounded after any
ridiculous question is turned, twisted and tossed back at them.

Wish me luck.
Good luck!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Urban Meyer
Lincoln Riley

who else?
I really think Jerry will go after Belichick if he leaves NE.

I wouldnt go after Riley. Yes the guy is young and if a offensive mind, but this teams problem isnt offense. Its defense and Rileys teams are horrible on defense. Riley IMO would give you the same results we are getting with JG. You might win a few more games because of better situations on defense, but you will need those pts to even stay close in tougher games. But will lose because of the deficiencies on defense.

Give me Belichick or Saleh, from the college ranks Saban or Meyer

In order

1. Belichick
2. Saban
3. Saleh
4, Meyer

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
maybe a curve ball

Here's a curve ball...in the form of a question. Why would any coach with a name and great reputation take this job without 100% control over the coaching staff? The front office has repeatedly demonstrated over the last two decades an inability to consistently identify coaching talent. Why would they risk their reputation getting stuck with a staff they don't want?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I dont think Kellen Moore matters. He has been a coach for all of two years. If a HC hire is predicted on Moore, then you may as well make Moore the HC
Your logic is very sound, which is exactly why it makes no sense with this organization.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This is a team that fired a SB winning coach. Also Garrett's bar was the NFC title game.

Sorry... Aside from Landry, which SB winning coach did we fire?

- Johnson quit, went fishing, then went to Miami and proceeded to do absolutely nothing with one of the league's best offenses.

- Parcells retired

Mark

Reaction score
I'm not convinced we need some offensive or defensive genius as a HC. Coordinator duties can, and should, be delegated. The head coach needs to pull it all together, maintaining order and discipline... which are sorely lacking in Dallas.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the job is open, do not be surprised if the Cowboys ask to interview Brett Bielema, who is the DLC in NE.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wonder if Sean McDermott would mind leaving Buffalo?

Of course I'd be on board with Urban, but not nearly as sold on Riley.

Tomlin, Dabo, Saban, Belichick...some of you are just dreaming. I'm going to pretend I didn't see Bielema.