Who is still rooting for losses?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Announce yourselves! If you aren't fully on board, you're rooting for losses. If you're conflicted by wins because you want Garret/Linehan/Dak to fail, then you're rooting for losses. If you're thinking about draft position, you're rooting for losses.

And I know this team hasn't won anything and can still fall short of the goal. But I'll be damned if I"m going to root for anything but wins, however they come. And if you are rooting for losses, then you don't get to enjoy the season, I'm sorry.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Announce yourselves! If you aren't fully on board, you're rooting for losses. If you're conflicted by wins because you want Garret/Linehan/Dak to fail, then you're rooting for losses. If you're thinking about draft position, you're rooting for losses.

And I know this team hasn't won anything and can still fall short of the goal. But I'll be damned if I"m going to root for anything but wins, however they come. And if you are rooting for losses, then you don't get to enjoy the season, I'm sorry.
The incentive to lose was knee capped in trading for Cooper.

I have enjoyed the last two Cowboy wins. Despite my misgivings until we are eliminated from the Playoffs I want the team to win. Once we are I want the team to lose for obvious reasons and for obvious reasons that matters less this year.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Once the first round pick was gone, my hope for losing left as well

I could only realistically root for a loss while the team wasn't on the field, once the game started I was just a fan rooting for the team

Nav22

Reaction score
Fake fans, Wentz babies who are sick and tired of seeing their boy bested by the Cowboys 2016 4th rounder, Garrett bashers...

The Garrett bashers I can understand. I was annoyed as hell when we let the last 10 seconds of the half expire.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I cannot, will not ever root for losses. It's impossible for me to understand that mind-set.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I will never understand anyone that roots against our Cowboys to get a W. Call me whatever you want. I'll never do it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm rooting for wins and to fire Garrett.

Have our cake and eat it too? That would be nice.

Jerry is fine with this brand of football as long as he can keep Garrett. He'll let the mediocrity continue.

I hate to talk about this because i'm thankful we have a real shot at winning the division but Garrett needs to go and has needed to go for quite some time.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Fake fans, Wentz babies who are sick and tired of seeing their boy bested by the Cowboys 2016 4th rounder, Garrett bashers...

The Garrett bashers I can understand. I was annoyed as hell when we let the last 10 seconds of the half expire.
I'm a clapper basher but yeah that's different IMO. I can despise the ground clapper stands on while still supporting the team positively. I can actually walk and chew gun atrhd same time. :D

Never root for your favorite team to catch Ls.. .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is the problem with that "hoping they get worse so they get better" thinking. It is nothing more than assumption that Garrett would be fired, under any circumstances. Any time anyone tried to get Booger to admit Garrett was on the hot seat, he refused to play along.

There is no evidence, not a shred, that Garrett was coaching for his job this season. Just evidence to the contrary.

I am not into that rooting for losses but there would be one case that would cause me to do that, wholeheartedly and with gusto. If the Jones family were to get the hell out if the team went 6-10, I'd root for 11 losses.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I was rooting for losses until the game started. Then I realized that I couldn't do it. I had to pull for them to win as much as I want garrot gone. I like wins but I realize that they will not win another championship until Jerruh is dead.