Who is the 3 CB in this class?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As each day passes, it is looking more likely that CJ Henderson will not make it to pick #17. Reports state he has strong tape and had a great combine workout. The team may be looking at the third best CB, WR, DL at 17. In my opinion, CB is their biggest need, who is # 3 in the class?

DanA

Reaction score
For me it's Diggs who I think is a smokey chance to go 17

Cowboyny

Reaction score
In a perfect world, if this doomsday scenario took place, they find a trading partner to move back. Both the Bama DB's make sense in this scenario; Diggs, McKinney if they had to make a pick at 17.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There's 3-4 of them with about the same grade: Dantzler, AJ Terrell, Diggs, and Gladney.
I expect many teams will view these Corners differently based on their schemes. We know the team wants to draft a corner with strong ball skills, Diggs seems like the type they would covet.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I am still early in my draft prep but I hope we go another direction besides cb at 17, so I am hoping Henderson is off the board and the third CB is not with taking at 17. As we rebuild the defense improved cb is important but I would like to prioritize other positions if they present themselves.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think it’s debatable, but for me there’s a close group of Fulton / Gladney / Terrell.

I don’t know what to think of Diggs. The more I read about him the more scared I am of what kind of athlete he is as that seems to continue to pop up in scouting reports. If I was confident we were going to be running a lot of zone i think he’d be great just don’t think that is the case.

Creeper

Reaction score
I still think 1 of the 16 teams ahead of Dallas will make an unexpected pick and a good player will drop to Dallas. I am concerned someone will trade up ahead of Dallas to take the guy they want - and that someone will be Philly.

The big boards are all over the place so who knows who will be available at 17. They should the player who will make the biggest impact this year regardless of position. So if Ruggs makes it to 17 they should take him over a CB. The same would be true if one of the top DTs is available.

morasp

Reaction score
Gladney is the ballhawk type they've said they're looking for, Teams quit throwing in Johnson's direction his last season, Diggs would be good but he didn't time at the combine, and Terrell rounds out the list.

Overview
Press cover irritant who plays an extremely competitive brand of football from snap to whistle. He has the twitch and route anticipation to stay close. Possesses ball skills to contest a good percentage of throws. His coverage traits should allow him to thrive in man or zone, but his desire to make every play on the ball could lead him into occasional bait-and-switch traps by smart quarterbacks. He's slender so teams will need to decide whether to play him outside or in sub-packages, but no matter where he plays, this ball-hawking alpha has the talent to help his team on all three downs if needed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
A trade down in round 1 may be better if the board is wiped. I dont think this CB draft is as deep as some think. I think rounds 2 and 3 are mostly #3 CB's
There will be a run at the position at some point, team could be wiped out if what your saying has some truth. Corners are always in high demand and cost a lot on the open market. If the team believes that, they will be addressing the need in rd 1.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There will be a run at the position at some point, team could be wiped out if what your saying has some truth. Corners are always in high demand and cost a lot on the open market. If the team believes that, they will be addressing the need in rd 1.
They also really like Awuzie. Dont be surprised if Awuzie is extended.

Im not saying I agree with them, but Im not sure the organization is as concerned about CB's than the fans are. I think if the value is good, they will take a player. But I dont forcing anything at the position either