Who is the best option at QB?

johneric8

Reaction score
We are not laughable.

But Hillary probably would call us deplorables.

All of us cling to our sense of what is best for the team.

I also prefer to do what is best for me.

That being that McCarthy now get some commercials for the Kato diet. Him and Marie Osmand could do a great commercial together.
Good post hahaha! I'm 100% a deplorable...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think there is almost no chance of that. When he left he said he had no idea what he would do next but all he wanted to do was not be in pain. His dad, just a week ago or so, said that Luck has expressed no interest at all in playing football.

On the long odds that he does return, the Colts still have his rights. They put over a 100m into him, including a ton of money as a sweetheart farewell gift that they didn’t need to do. I don’t see them just releasing him if he somehow did want to return.

I don't know if it's a possibility or not but I'd give it a try either way. I mean, what is there to lose?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Luck's rights are still owned by the Colts. Never happening.

I think it depends on a few things. I mean, lets say he is never coming back to play in Indy but, he might consider Dallas, which is just a what if mind you, if you offered Indy a 2 for him, would they take it? They might, IDK.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQ, this board really isn't for old timers like us anymore. This place has gotten super dumb and poster quality has taken a huge nose dive the last 10 years.

Well, I expect the same can said for me personally. :laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
ABQ, this board really isn't for old timers like us anymore. This place has gotten super dumb and poster quality has taken a huge nose dive the last 10 years.
That's funny. I'm older than you, so I belong to the same group. The problem is ABQ is wrong about Dak, but it's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just not their own facts.

CWR

Reaction score
I am certain, I probably do CWR. I mean, I've never been any good at it at all. True story.

Lol my spelling is so bad that the spell check on my phone has memorized my invented spellings to the point I dont know if the "corrections" I make are actually corrections.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Do you understand what 6th in scoring means? It means we were 6th.

You’re saying we climbed all the way to 6th with the 2nd most passing yards, 65% pct., and they were empty stats? (We also were at the top of the league in drops)

Really man. Listen to what you’re saying.

You are strengthening my point. All those amazing stats and yet Cowboys only beat 2 teams with a winning record.

E-M-P-T-Y

Add this into your 44 years of research please:
“A deep dive into Prescott’s first 50 starts reveals some staggering results. According to Pro Football Reference, nearly 200 quarterbacks have made at least 50 starts in the modern era of the NFL (post 1950). Prescott’s 26 interceptions are the fewest of any quarterback during their first 50 starts.

Is that number skewed by limited throws? Nope. Prescott also owns the best interception rate (1 per 59.1 passes) in NFL history for a quarterback’s first 50 starts.

Because he is so confused as to who to throw the Ball too He ends up taking a sack or dumping the ball off.

Prescott’s 2.8 TD/INT ratio ranks second to Aaron Rodgers (2.9).

You're a funny guy, after explaining how miniscule his interception numbers are, you then pivot with a TD to Interception Ratio
o_O

Doesn’t throw the ball downfield? Nah. Prescott’s 7.72 adjusted yards per attempt ranks seventh in first 50 history, one spot behind Dan Marino (7.84) and ahead of Ben Roethlisberger (7.67), Peyton Manning (6.88) and a slew of Hall of Famers”
https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...historic-numbers-early-his-career/2374370001/

I guess those kind of achievements are empty also?

I dont even know what that stat implies, but if a stat has the word "adjusted" in it then it must be manipulated.

With all that being said. I havent put any wieght into a stat since High School. When I would read the USA Today to see where Emmitt Irvin & Aikman ranked. But thats when Football was real. Stats in todays age are worthless.

I could careless what any stat anyone uses to justify thier Love or Hate of Dak. I go by my what I see.

I watch the performance and more often then not it's Dak holding on to the ball too long or making an inacurate pass at the wrong time that destroys drives.

Kwyn

Reaction score
You are strengthening my point. All those amazing stats and yet Cowboys only beat 2 teams with a winning record.

E-M-P-T-Y

Because he is so confused as to who to throw the Ball too He ends up taking a sack or dumping the ball off.

You're a funny guy, after explaining how miniscule his interception numbers are, you then pivot with a TD to Interception Ratio
o_O

I dont even know what that stat implies, but if a stat has the word "adjusted" in it then it must be manipulated.

With all that being said. I havent put any wieght into a stat since High School. When I would read the USA Today to see where Emmitt Irvin & Aikman ranked. But thats when Football was real. Stats in todays age are worthless.

I could careless what any stat anyone uses to justify thier Love or Hate of Dak. I go by my what I see.

I watch the performance and more often then not it's Dak holding on to the ball too long or making an inacurate pass at the wrong time that destroys drives.

I love your post because it perfectly captures the essence of a certain type of fan

There are basketball fans who don’t appreciate three passes to find the open man in the corner and are all about posterizing dunks

There are baseball fans who get bored with small ball, defense and righty-lefty substitutions and only care about monster home runs

There are boxing fans whose eyes glaze over when someone talks about the “sweet science” and would boo any fight that didn’t end in a crushing knockout

And there are football fans who have zero interest in analytics or stats and only pay attention when there’s a 60 yard bomb and whose most enlightened grasp of the game is captured by the comment “I go by what I see”.

To quote William Goldberg
“I know it when I see it, and someone else will know it when they see it, but what they see and what they know may or may not be what I see and what I know, and that’s okay.”

That’s the most generous indulgence of your various frustrating and incoherent ramblings which are so deeply rooted in emotion and base instinct that a logical person would likely risk madness were they to follow you down that rabbit hole.

But really, that’s fine. It’s all fine. Plenty of room for all types. It’s just tough for both sides when they try to find common ground.

Tough for the fans who believe “stats are boring and for nerds” and tough for the fans who believe in the adage “You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts”

Sheepish

Reaction score
Dak will, and should be the QB next season by some means, whether franchise tagging or a contract. I would like to see what McCarthy can do with him.

However, one name I didn't see mentioned here was Nick Foles. If Gardner Minshew becomes the starter in Jacksonville, Foles might be available. And on the other hand, if they stick with Foles, Minshew could be available. IMO those two would be more to get excited about than anyone on that list, considering the age of Brady and Brees.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

E-M-P-T-Y

o_O

Those stats and what I posted are from an article. That’s why the article link is below it. (That is the text that is a different color and stands out from other text)

Ok. You don’t pay attention to stats or facts. That’s become popular in America and you should be proud of your independent thinking. However, I’d ask you to consider one stat. Wins.

Now compare Dak’s wins and losses vs other QB s since he entered the league and tell me what you find.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
:clap:
I love your post because it perfectly captures the essence of a certain type of fan

There are basketball fans who don’t appreciate three passes to find the open man in the corner and are all about posterizing dunks

There are baseball fans who get bored with small ball, defense and righty-lefty substitutions and only care about monster home runs

There are boxing fans whose eyes glaze over when someone talks about the “sweet science” and would boo any fight that didn’t end in a crushing knockout

And there are football fans who have zero interest in analytics or stats and only pay attention when there’s a 60 yard bomb and whose most enlightened grasp of the game is captured by the comment “I go by what I see”.

To quote William Goldberg
“I know it when I see it, and someone else will know it when they see it, but what they see and what they know may or may not be what I see and what I know, and that’s okay.”

That’s the most generous indulgence of your various frustrating and incoherent ramblings which are so deeply rooted in emotion and base instinct that a logical person would likely risk madness were they to follow you down that rabbit hole.

But really, that’s fine. It’s all fine. Plenty of room for all types. It’s just tough for both sides when they try to find common ground.

Tough for the fans who believe “stats are boring and for nerds” and tough for the fans who believe in the adage “You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts”

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'd rather not think of the way the sausage is made. It's disgusting. I just want to eat it without thinking about what went into it. Likewise, Dak is our franchise QB and will get paid handsomely to do so. I just want to watch him play without thinking about what went into that as well. I'm hoping the end product is football yummy. ;)

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Dak will, and should be the QB next season by some means, whether franchise tagging or a contract. I would like to see what McCarthy can do with him.

However, one name I didn't see mentioned here was Nick Foles. If Gardner Minshew becomes the starter in Jacksonville, Foles might be available. And on the other hand, if they stick with Foles, Minshew could be available. IMO those two would be more to get excited about than anyone on that list, considering the age of Brady and Brees.

I would send a 1st to Jacksonville for Minshew. Won’t happen but kid looks for real