JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What are you calling goal-line?

Yards from the Goal-line:
2 or less: 6% pass, 94% run
5 or less: 39% pass, 61% run
10 or less: 45% pass, 55% run
It's not my definition. Stat takers definite it as at the 1 yard line, when most teams sent in their jumbo package. There are various runs and just a few passing routes from this formation.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/11-who-is-this-year-s-emerging-star

not one of those predictions surprised me

my money's on Pollard for several reasons

- absolute prototype athlete for his role
- he fills a role vacant basically vacant for 2 years
- serious play speed - hits the hole fast and finds running lanes
- very hard to cover with a LB
- big play potential on every touch

if he can pass block, he'll get snaps and make big plays

Star? If he continues his trajectory it's probably Vander Esch. Pollack? He could be a closet contributor.

Number1

Reaction score
I find it odd that fans feel defensive when adding talented players and they somehow think that their favorite players role, in this case Zeke, that his role might be somehow diminished.

yeah, there's a few like that in the forum

Number1

Reaction score
What are you talkin about, didn't say I liked it I said it's what we do, pay attention a little bit better please

I know exactly what I'm saying - it's you're comprehension and character at issue

you basically stated you don't "like it" but don't want it change it

are you trolling Skins' fan? or some other form of subversive?

Number1

Reaction score
I find it odd that fans feel defensive when adding talented players and they somehow think that their favorite players role, in this case Zeke, that his role might be somehow diminished.

I think by getting some load off Zeke you'll get a lot more out of him down the stretch and in playoffs

one of the biggest changes we're likely to see are more plays via snapping the ball faster and sustaining drives - much like the 2nd half of 2018

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke lead the NFL in rushing again, but I doubt he's our 2nd leading receiver in 2019

if you just eliminate 1 desperation dump pass a game to Zeke, that's 16 fewer catches on the year,
a big reason for Zeke's jump in receptions last year is called bad pass protection

the more dump passes you see to RBs in a timing O, the worse the O is operating,
when you have good pass protection and you dump it off it's usually to a TE or slot guy,
instead of behind the LOS, that adds up fast and helps your YPA,
when a play action deep system is clicking you can use deep outlets rather than short or medium

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know exactly what I'm saying - it's you're comprehension and character at issue

you basically stated you don't "like it" but don't want it change it

are you trolling Skins' fan? or some other form of subversive?
Again I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about. Your reading comprehension needs work. LOL tell me where I said I didn't want it to change. Tell me where I said I liked it. All I said was I understand it. We play Smash Mouth football for a reason. I've been a Cowboys fan before you were born so

Number1

Reaction score
We play Smash Mouth football for a reason.

such as?

I've been a Cowboys fan before you were born so

considering the Ice Bowl is one of my first clear sports memories, you're getting pretty long in the tooth

since you went old school - did you consider it a stupid to spend back to back R1 picks on RBs named Hill and Thomas?
or did you think they should just pound it with Walt?

do you really believe Zeke is the only RB who should touch the ball on this team?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not my definition. Stat takers definite it as at the 1 yard line, when most teams sent in their jumbo package. There are various runs and just a few passing routes from this formation.

2018 with 1 yard or less from the goal-line.
Cowboys:
Pass 8%
Run 92%
Patriots
Pass 24%
Run 76%​

Rams
Pass 18%
Run 82%​
Only 4 teams ran the ball at a higher percentage than the Cowboys from the 1 yard line:
Panthers (Win/Loss=7-9)
Dolphins (Win/Loss=7-9
Jets (Win/Loss=4-12)
Lions (Win/Loss=6-10)​

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
such as?

considering the Ice Bowl is one of my first clear sports memories, you're getting pretty long in the tooth

since you went old school - did you consider it a stupid to spend back to back R1 picks on RBs named Hill and Thomas?

do you really believe Zeke is the only RB who should touch the ball on this team?
I would have taken Ramsey. I would have put the ball in Prescott's hand more often current I wouldn't wait until the 4th quarter to turn them loose. Watching the Cowboys against the Steelers, 49ers, was better than sex LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
such as?

We play Smash Mouth football. Because we don't want to overexpose the youngest defense in the league. That's right youngest starting team in the league third-youngest overall. You should know that

Proof

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/11-who-is-this-year-s-emerging-star

not one of those predictions surprised me

my money's on Pollard for several reasons

- absolute prototype athlete for his role
- he fills a role vacant basically vacant for 2 years
- serious play speed - hits the hole fast and finds running lanes
- very hard to cover with a LB
- big play potential on every touch

if he can pass block, he'll get snaps and make big plays

Really I think only pollard has the opportunity

Proof

Reaction score
Do you understand why we are running Smash Mouth football team. We don't want to overexpose the youngest defense in the entire league. Third youngest overall youngest starting team. We went to the second round of the playoffs. With the youngest starting team in the league, truly comprehend that. And then people think Prescott sucks on another note. They just don't understand what's happening. And why

These are cool factoids but don’t make the plights you’re trying to.

Number1

Reaction score
We play Smash Mouth football. Because we don't want to overexpose the youngest defense in the league. That's right youngest starting team in the league third-youngest overall. You should know that

they played smash mouth from the day they took the ball from JG and ave it to Scott
the real success was actually drafting better OL, and won 3 of 5 NFCE titles

and last year was the best we've fielded this century ... you should now that

this ain't gonna be run to 1 RB, throw it to 1 TE, and 1 WR all day any more
that only wins fantasy titles now days

JG will stick with a 50/50 run ' pass but they're going to speed up the clock
- that's called how to score more points 101
- that's Zeke's production remains without him taking more snaps
- Pollard is a sturdy version of what JG always wanted to do with Dunbar, Lucky, and Austin
the whole idea is they can make LBs and Ss look silly in the open field deliver RAC

please explain why getting Pollard 10 touches a game is something you object to

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they played smash mouth from the day they took the ball from JG and ave it to Scott
the real success was actually drafting better OL, and won 3 of 5 NFCE titles

and last year was the best we've fielded this century ... you should now that

this ain't gonna be run to 1 RB, throw it to 1 TE, and 1 WR all day any more
that only wins fantasy titles now days

JG will stick with a 50/50 run ' pass but they're going to speed up the clock
- that's called how to score more points 101
- that's Zeke's production remains without him taking more snaps
- Pollard is a sturdy version of what JG always wanted to do with Dunbar, Lucky, and Austin
the whole idea is they can make LBs and Ss look silly in the open field deliver RAC

please explain why getting Pollard 10 touches a game is something you object to
The underwear Thief. Was doing pretty good for a while in the endzone also

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm guessing Michael Gallup will be afforded a pretty good chance to achieve stardom this year. :)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Rico, but he'll get a late start at it.
If Rico gets pt, which is unlikely, I think he can be a beast. Preseason or not, the plays he’s made are impressive, and te is probably our weakest position.