Who is your favorite personality on the Cowboys Media team?

fav media personality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd love to knock him out based on his face alone, and the above traits drive that home.
That scraggly-bearded muskrat.
maxresdefault.jpg

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bryan has never had an original thought... he bandwagons with whoever spoke last.

Never got that from him. I feel like he is an old school football guy talking and the rest are radio guys faking it.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I voted Eatman because he is the only one I respect football wise compared to the others and who I enjoy reading/hearing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m surprised! Nick Eatman is starting to run away with this! Thought for sure Dave Helman would be able to put up a bigger fight
Dave is an annoying millennial bore that you either get or can't stand. Nick, on the other hand, is a legit journalist that has proven his chops for relevant Cowboys news for an extended period of time. He writes pretty good books too.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I've been a fan of Eatman since the early days of The Break. I still remember when a caller (foolishly) asked back in 2013, "Why don't they move Claiborne to FS?" and Eatman's lightning quick reply, "I'll give you six reasons why they won't do that." Always makes me chuckle. He's by far the wittiest of the group, and the best writer as well.

Helman is good on The Break, and a decent writer, but he's not as funny as he thinks he is.

Broaddus is terrific for the most part, but he has an unwavering respect for that overrated blowhard Mike Lombardi that I can't get past.

Mickey used to be good, but now he's too set in his unchanging opinions to ever consider something outside of his worldview.

Taylor Stern is good at journalism, and not just a pretty face (as opposed to some one else).

And I have a ton of respect for Derek Eagleton who's put together what is by far and away the best team site in the league. So much terrific content on a variety of platforms. But he's so-so on the break and the biggest homer of the bunch. However, in his role as Director of Digital Content or whatever it is, he's top of the class.

CWR

Reaction score
Not sure who's my fave but it really irritates me that some of them are fans of other teams. It probably shouldn't but it does.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Dave is an annoying millennial bore that you either get or can't stand. Nick, on the other hand, is a legit journalist that has proven his chops for relevant Cowboys news for an extended period of time. He writes pretty good books too.
I think this proves Nick Eatman post here lol

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Helman rules, really the whole media staff is great. Like most things involving the Cowboys, people will complain, but I don't think you realize how lucky we as fans are to have as much content and insight as they release. I have friends who are fans of other teams, and most other teams just have the equivalent of Todd Archer/Mike Fisher to follow, and that's it. No multiple podcasts a week, etc. We are spoiled with the media team the Cowboys have, and should be thankful.
I honestly thought all teams had an equivalent to Dallas’ media until a few years ago. I don’t understand why they don’t do it. Helps build interest, keeps fans hooked.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Eatman since the early days of The Break. I still remember when a caller (foolishly) asked back in 2013, "Why don't they move Claiborne to FS?" and Eatman's lightning quick reply, "I'll give you six reasons why they won't do that." Always makes me chuckle. He's by far the wittiest of the group, and the best writer as well.

Helman is good on The Break, and a decent writer, but he's not as funny as he thinks he is.

Broaddus is terrific for the most part, but he has an unwavering respect for that overrated blowhard Mike Lombardi that I can't get past.

Mickey used to be good, but now he's too set in his unchanging opinions to ever consider something outside of his worldview.

Taylor Stern is good at journalism, and not just a pretty face (as opposed to some one else).

And I have a ton of respect for Derek Eagleton who's put together what is by far and away the best team site in the league. So much terrific content on a variety of platforms. But he's so-so on the break and the biggest homer of the bunch. However, in his role as Director of Digital Content or whatever it is, he's top of the class.

It's amazing how back in the late 70's and 80's we would wait breathlessly for the Dallas Cowboys Weekly to arrive in the mail (mine coming to a small town near Buffalo, NY), usually around Thursday after a Sunday game. Mickey would write his column and he was really the only media connection people outside of Dallas had to the Cowboys so I still have a soft spot for him.

They say that technology is growing exponentially. In other words, take 30 linear steps you walk across the room. Take 30 exponential steps and you walk around the planet. That's how far we've come in getting information. What's it going to be like in 20 years - geesh.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Haven't listened to them in quite awhile. Don't know some of the names listed. When i did listen to it they all mostly gave me a feeling of disgust. That Mickey person was the worst.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I like Helman the best and he's an interesting twitter follow as well.....except for his hatred of the Texas Rangers, because for some reason he's a Mariners fan lol