Who is your most underrated Cowboy player from the 90's?

kskboys

Reaction score
Most excellent job.

Trying to think of another......Can I say the entire D in general? I mean, people get so caught up in the triplets and such, most don't seem to even know that those 90's super bowl teams were D teams. Some of the best D's of all time, though they don't get noticed.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I immediately thought of Tuinei. He was solid as a rock, never missed time and was a great team mate. I don’t think fans fully appreciate the job he did at the most difficult position to play on the OL.

Also, Thomas Everett was quietly very effective at QBing the secondary.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I immediately thought of Tuinei. He was solid as a rock, never missed time and was a great team mate. I don’t think fans fully appreciate the job he did at the most difficult position to play on the OL.

Also, Thomas Everett was quietly very effective at QBing the secondary.
I agree. Tuinei.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Derek Kennard...
He filled in for My choice Ray Donaldson when He was injured if I remember correctly, started in the SB against Pittsburgh and played well.
Donaldson took over at centre when Step left and the line didn't miss a beat.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think it's Jeffcoat. I mean, certainly some good names on here. Woodson, Moose, Novacek, Nate, so many really good players on a team with some all time HOFers and you are bound to have a few that get overlooked but Jeffcoat, he was a guy who really was a foundation type player. He was here before the team got good, he was there when the team was flat horrible and he was here when the team ran rough shot over the entire NFL. All he ever did was lead, do the little things nobody else wanted to do and teach the younger guys to be a pro.

He's definitely overlooked IMO.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Tony Casillas and James Washington

James Washington was straight thug on and off the field. I remember reading somewhere that Charles Haley would mess with most guys on the Cowboys squad, but he was scared of Washington. I think Washington grew up in South Central, Los Angeles or maybe Compton.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
James Washington was straight thug on and off the field. I remember reading somewhere that Charles Haley would mess with most guys on the Cowboys squad, but he was scared of Washington. I think Washington grew up in South Central, Los Angeles or maybe Compton.

James Washington was a tough dude. The 2nd SB vs Buffalo it was Washington coming up with some big hit and turnovers that turned the tide in that game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He was beast his first two years and then ...

Yeah my own view I think the rule changes hurt him more than anything. You had the Roy Williams rule (horse collar) but also the game started changing of hitting the defenseless WR but Roy game was about big hits

Swanny

Reaction score
Mine is Larry Brown. He always made so many plays and was never given the credit he deserved until the Raiders paid him.
I'm sure someone already said it but Big E. Dude was the best at his position until that day

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can't speak for the 90s so I have to break the rules a bit...

I think Terence Newman is the most underrated Cowboy since 2000. He was really good and I don't feel ever got enough praise...is easily the best Cowboys DB of the 21st century.

I'd go so far as to put him as the second best Cowboys defensive player since 2000 (after Ware, of course)

Went on to have a long career even though he was considered an old rookie.
A 15-year career. Impressive.