Who is your top 5 most likely players we draft at 58?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
All signs point to a safety at #58.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Abram, Thornhill and Rapp were all brought in for visits. Darnell Savage is another 2nd round safety you would think they'd consider.

If I had to bet it'd be one of those guys.

Carson

Reaction score

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Abram, Thornhill and Rapp were all brought in for visits. Darnell Savage is another 2nd round safety you would think they'd consider.

Agreed with you @JBell.

I’m going to go with CGJ or Ferguson.

I don’t believe Savage, Abram and Thornhill will last to 58. I believe Bryan Broaddus reported we would pass on Rapp at 58.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Thornhill, Ferguson, Rapp, Samuel.

they love Abram but he is not making it to 58.

timb2

Reaction score
John Abraham S Mississippi State(He has been working out in Dallas)

Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M(Local kid and we need a top notch TE after Witten)

Alex Mattison RB Boise State(Boys love Boise State players and the Cowboys RB coaches were at Boise State's pro day)

LC Collier DT TCU(His name is rumored many times)

Nasir Adderly S Delaware(nephew of Herb Adderly)

Verdammung

Reaction score

Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M(Local kid and we need a top notch TE after Witten)

Alex Mattison RB Boise State(Boys love Boise State players and the Cowboys RB coaches were at Boise State's pro day)

Mattison is nowhere near a 2nd round pick; I question whether or not he's a lock to get drafted.
I also doubt they pull the trigger on Sternberger at #58; I think he's a guy they're looking at for pick #90.

Most likely picks at #58
Virginia DB Juan Thornhill is the favorite; there's a slim chance he goes before the Cowboys pick, but I think pick #58 is the early range for where he should go.
Washington S Taylor Rapp is another name to consider. A lot of people will swear he goes before the Cowboys pick, but I think it's impossible to predict how far he falls because of his 40 time.
Two names I'd lump together for the same reason; Boston College Zach Allen and TCU L.J. Collier. Whether or not I agree with it, a narrative I've heard for a while is that they're looking to replace Tyrone Crawford and his hybrid DE/DT role, and these are guys projected to be able to do it that they've shown some interest in.
Guess #5 is Vanderbilt CB Joejuan Williams. There's not a lot of years remaining on our CB depth chart and I feel comfortable predicting Byron Jones is the odd man out when it comes to extensions.

reddyuta

Reaction score

I would be happy with Collier at 90,not sure he is worth a pick at 58.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Jaylon Ferguson,DE-La Tech
LJ Collier,DE-Tcu
Zach Allen,DE-Boston College
Juan Thornhill,S-Virginia
Taylor Rapp,S-Washington

Gerald Willis would be in there but after hearing on the draft show that it didnt go well at his 30 visit and they ruled him out....Im done with him.
Trysten Hill might be our next DT...hopefully at 90.

Sandyf

Reaction score
What if someone they have rated in their top 17 and it means none of those listed in the thread would be the pick because they will take the bpa or trade down.

Hardline

Reaction score

I think you are correct.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
As others have said, it's looking like it's going to be a safety.

Gardner, Abram, Savage, Thornhill, and Adderly all have #30-#50 type grades. Rapp is usually listed within that range as well, but I think his height/weight/speed will have more teams passing on him than us armchair scouts think. How that top 5 safety order all sorts out is uncertain, but I think we'll be drafting the best guy remaining after it's all said and done.

The dark horse here is Jaylon Ferguson, who the Cowboys have been tied to a couple times, despite terrible measurables and a playstyle that doesn't fit the "agile hustler" mold that Marinelli usually looks for. He's my "throw the remote" pick for 2019.

morasp

Reaction score
LJ Collier,DE-Tcu
Taylor Rapp,S-Washington

Gerald Willis would be in there but after hearing on the draft show that it didnt go well at his 30 visit and they ruled him out....Im done with him.
Did they say what went wrong on his visit workout or interview?

Beaker42

Reaction score
LJ Collier,DE-Tcu
Taylor Rapp,S-Washington

Daylon Mack will be twice the player Hill will ever be. I’m betting my right arm on it.

Mack is a bus - Hill is a pedestrian.