Who needs to get replaced for the future?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Looking at our team right now who do you think needs to get replaced for the better future?

Here is my list:

Flozell Adams ( The guy is jsut not cutting it and He is to old to learn how to play with passion again)

Chris Canty ( I have no idea but He gets no push and celebrates after a tackle)

patrick Crayton( I think Austin should take his place as the 3rd Wr so we can add more speed and stretch the field)

Greg Ellis ( Spencer gives us strength, passion and speed) Greg is a wise leader that has lost his edge.

brady James ( Somebody needs to replace this guy, He sucks) to bad We have a bunch of clowns behind Him.

Wade Phillips ( We need a tough coach that is up with the times) Cupcake camp isnt cutting it.

Acouple other things that might be good:

Get a real NT
Move Henry to FS
Move Hamlin to SS
Ratliff moves to DE

Just some thoughts...this team needs to be re-evaluated and fixed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
After watching our defense I think Canty's entire responsibility is stop the run and CONTAIN on PASS RUSH.

He doesn't rush the passer and I dont think he is supposed to. We let the OLB Rush and if the QB gets outside from the OLB than Canty has containment.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Tony Romo needs to be replaced by Brad Johnson
Terence Newman needs to be replaced by Mike Jenkins
Felix Jones needs to be replaced by Tashard Choice
Kyle Kosier needs to be replaced by Corey Proctor
Adam Jones needs to be replaced by Orlando Scandrick
Roy Williams needs to be replaced by Keith Davis
Flozell Adams needs to be replaced by a one-armed Flozell Adams

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2399324 said:
Looking at our team right now who do you think needs to get replaced for the better future?

Here is my list:

Flozell Adams ( The guy is jsut not cutting it and He is to old to learn how to play with passion again)

patrick Crayton( I think Austin should take his place as the 3rd Wr so we can add more speed and stretch the field)

Greg Ellis ( Spencer gives us strength, passion and speed) Greg is a wise leader that has lost his edge.

brady James ( Somebody needs to replace this guy, He sucks) to bad We have a bunch of clowns behind Him.

Wade Phillips ( We need a tough coach that is up with the times) Cupcake camp isnt cutting it.

Get a real NT
Move Henry to FS
Move Hamlin to SS
Ratliff moves to DE

Not sure what their cap hits would be but Flo (Who just signed a big new deal), Brady James who signed a big deal a couple years ago, and Crayton who signed a new deal last year are all probably going to be kept around for that reason, if for no others.

Greg Ellis might get let go. I think he's only got a couple years left on a pretty cap friendly deal but that will depend on rather they think he's going to be willing to play in a lesser role or not. He wouldn't be a bad guy to keep around for depth and pass rush situations, again dependant on rather he's willing to focus on and accept a much smaller role.

Canty might not get resigned. That just might be a reality of the situation and I don't know that it's got anything to do with rather or not he's a good enough player. I'm actually a fan of Canty and I believe he does his job very well cause I do believe, as the other poster pointed out, that he's asked to stop the run and not asked to rush the passer but keep containment.

Wade is probably gone at the end of the year, pretty much like he was going to be all along I imagine, if we don't win the Superbowl.

Mash

Reaction score
I think we need a NT

Tank isnt the plug we need.

Ratliff to DE
Ellis as a situational pass rusher
Replace Zach and Bradie.....they dont have any speed
Move Hamlin to SS
Move Henry to FS

On offense...

Get Felix more carries
Contracts are there....we have no backups that are ready to start.
These unit needs to be motivated.
Draft a QB
Get a solid backup QB

I dont want to give up on the coaching staff but I would replace the DC....I dont want Campo as a DC tho.

I dont know about getting rid of Wade.......but if we can get a solid coach and if he will keep some our assistants....especially Peete and Sherman etc then Im all for it.

gr8slayer

Benched
Reaction score
I still want to see what Barbie Carpenter is made of, he really deserves a shot.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Defensively we need to

get a real 3-4 nosetackle
get rid of Canty and move Ratliff back to DE
start Spencer
get 2 new inside linebackers who are smart and can cover
draft a safety from THE U!
hire the Steelers linebackers coach as our DC

than my friends we will have a top defense.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Jerry, and Jerry, and then Jerry, and then Wade and his little dog Stewart.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2399324 said:

Here is my list:

Get a real NT
Move Henry to FS
Move Hamlin to SS
Ratliff moves to DE

The Peasants Collective has just voted your proposed changes to be draconian, dragon-like and representative of the peoples' will.
Our long march ends at the end of the season!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
For this teams future, if we're at all interested in it........... Jerry. The rest of the rats won't have the giant ego to hide behind. They'll scurry........

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I know we won't have a ton of cap room but if we let Chris Canty, Tank Johnson, Marc Colombo, and Kevin Burnett walk and then cut Greg Ellis and Roy Williams (as some suspect we will do) how will we look then? Patrick Crayton and Bobby Carpenter could be moved in trades.

It seems to me Carolina might not be able to keep Julius Peppers AND Jordan Gross. If Gross hits the open market would we make a run at him? If signed, he would be our left tackle for the next several years. Flozell could move over to the right and wrap up his career over there.

Some other VETERAN free agents we might consider to bring in and add some toughness to our defense is Ray Lewis and Brian Dawkins. I know we all might have some issues with them for various reasons but no one can deny the type of players they are. If they would be interested in short-term deals they might be exactly what this defense lacks. Then we can try to target a huge nose tackle in the draft. Then use the rest of the draft picks for defensive depth and a QB OF THE FUTURE.

2009 team
QB Tony Romo
RB Marion Barber
FB Deon Anderson
WR Terrell Owens
WR Roy Williams
TE Jason Witten
C Andre Gurode
G Leonard Davis
G Kyle Kosier
T Flozell Adams
T Jordan Gross