Who Replaces Quinn?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Exactly, unless he's waiting for a particular job ( Seattle), he's probably getting at least 2 offers during this cycle.
When a coordinator has some much success, especially with a national team, he is good as gone. Any fall from success, it would hurt his stock, must capitalize on this opportunity.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree 100% but as stated in another thread, Whitt has never been a DC. Frankly, I wonder if Edwards as a senior defensive assistant is content w/o the responsibilities of play-calling/game planning. I agree Whitt is probably MM's first choice but can he convince Jerry to trust him. I'm not sure.......
The reason why I don't think they look outside the organization is the success they had this season. Why fix something when it's not broke? Whitt has put in the time and was even the defensive playcaller when Quinn was out with covid. Just look at the job he has done with our secondary, Diggs, Kearse had career seasons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes not gone yet, debate it if and when it happens, we have games top prepare for, big ones.,.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ask me again when Quinn leaves.
x100 this place so bored with playoff talk that they bring up things that are far from happening if they happen at all.?? first he would have to leave, then we see when he leaves who's left..the same one s available now may not be available by then.

morasp

Reaction score
x100 this place so bored with playoff talk that they bring up things that are far from happening if they happen at all.?? first he would have to leave, then we see when he leaves who's left..the same one s available now may not be available by then.
Exactly, biggest game of the year so far on Sunday and there isn't nearly as much discussion about it as I thought there would be.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Hopefully no one. But, that's a dream.

Now, the OC Coord??? I damn sure hope someone does.

quickccc

Reaction score
Not sure he has enough skin on the wall for Jerry and Stephen. They know with Parsons, this D has a chance to be something truly special. I'm thinking Zimmer or Fangio

- Joe Whitt has some history and familiarity with HC McCarthy during their GB days. i think he was DB coach at some point.

- Besides MM, i would think the Jones would also buy into a Quinn like scheme and familiarity to where the players don't have to learn a whole new system from an outside DC.

- Not only Joe Whitt, ..but could current senior asst. George Edwards also be in consideration.
Not only does the ex-Cowboys LB, have past experience as a DC, with various teams, he's been in both 4-3 and 3-4 schemes.

And now being a part of the Quinn coaching staff, Edward's now familiar with the Quinn scheme.
* That is very essential and key in continuing with Parson -who is in my opinion even as a rookie is already our best catalytic impact defensive player.

- A critical point of a DC, is how he implements a scheme that fits and suits to the strengths of his players .... not forcing players to fit his particular scheme.

- We don't want a DC that is so stuck his scheme that has Parsons being a conventional middle LB and takes away the things he does best.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hopefully no one. But, that's a dream.

Now, the OC Coord??? I damn sure hope someone does.

1) Doug Nussmeier (currently QB coach)
2) Joe Philibin (promoted to OC, James Camben takes over the OL; Philibin was MM's OC for many years in GB)
3) Bob McAdoo (currently a consultant)

- Nussmeier would be lead candidate, imo as he's worked with Dak/Kellen since the transition from Linehan to Kellen and we want Dak
to continue with the system he's working in vs having to re-learn a whole new system.

buddieluver

Reaction score
1) Doug Nussmeier (currently QB coach)
2) Joe Philibin (promoted to OC, James Camben takes over the OL; Philibin was MM's OC for many years in GB)
3) Bob McAdoo (currently a consultant)

- Nussmeier would be lead candidate, imo as he's worked with Dak/Kellen since the transition from Linehan to Kellen and we want Dak
to continue with the system he's working in vs having to re-learn a whole new system.

Nussmeier last job as OC ranked 104th in the nation in scoring offense, 144th in total offense, and 127th in red zone conversions.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Likely Joe Whitt.

I have a feeling Zimmer will take a year off. Dude just seems so burnt out. If he did want to coach next year, and he was amenable to coming back to Dallas, he would be choice number one. He would be a good choice, for all his flaws. But I'd prefer a fresh face.

Quinn was an amazing choice cause he had time to reevaluate and change. I can't see Zimmer undergoing the same transformation.

Zimmer comes off as a hard *** Jefferson needed 17 yds to break Moss record when asked he said he knew but did not care.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nussmeier last job as OC ranked 104th in the nation in scoring offense, 144th in total offense, and 127th in red zone conversions.

Apples and oranges when comparing with college vs NFL , especially when considering what quality player personnel dept. (McClay) can give coaches.

quickccc

Reaction score
Zimmer comes off as a hard *** Jefferson needed 17 yds to break Moss record when asked he said he knew but did not care.

Maybe, . but our interest be in his ability to be DC for our defense, not as a HC.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zimmer is a 4/3 D guy and was not really a Johnson coach, he was more of a Parcells coach so he might fit in better.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
And please don't just name some famous DC that's available.

Who is the person that will best continue Quinn's philosophy/system? We just went through an offseason through the draft and free agency to suit how Quinn wanted the defense. How do we best continue this?
Did he leave?
Think their's a good chance he stays.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And please don't just name some famous DC that's available.

Who is the person that will best continue Quinn's philosophy/system? We just went through an offseason through the draft and free agency to suit how Quinn wanted the defense. How do we best continue this?
sorry it doesnt meet your requirement, but Mike Zimmer makes a lot of sense. Not who I want.... because i dont care who it is.