Who starts at RT when Tyron comes back?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Collins is the team's RT. There is absolutely no doubt about it. If the team felt Steele was the better RT he would have been playing there with Tyron out and LC or Nsekhe would have been LT.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
It's sad that Steele blocking actually looks better than Collins so far this season. I don't think anyone expected him to be this bad but he missed a lot of time.

I still can't believe Jerry Jones went into the season without a viable LT who could fill in. Everyone knows Tyron Smith is going to miss games. He has back and I believe neck issues that just don't magically get better.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Right now Steele is playing better than Collins. Period. Maybe Collins gets better eventually but how long will it take...

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Collins is a statue. There were multiple plays where he wasn’t even out of his stance and the defender was in the backfield. Steele all the way.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It may sound crazy but I think Steele right now is a better RT than Collins. Obviously at LT, Steele is a fish out of water. Not unexpected for a 2nd year undrafted player. But he seems to have figured out the mechanics of playing RT to a solid/good level.

terra

Reaction score
Steele is an average RT. Which is not a bad thing. Collins is a Pro Bowl tackle. May have to play to get back in shape; looked bad yesterday but then so did Zack.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It may sound crazy but I think Steele right now is a better RT than Collins. Obviously at LT, Steele is a fish out of water. Not unexpected for a 2nd year undrafted player. But he seems to have figured out the mechanics of playing RT to a solid/good level.
I agree Steel can be good at RT, but Collins can be elite at the RT position. The guy had a bad game, but so did the entire offense. I'm not making an aggressive overcorrection because of the Chiefs game, especially on a short week. We cant continue to mix and match offensive lines and hope something works. They need some level of consistency.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Collins is a statue. There were multiple plays where he wasn’t even out of his stance and the defender was in the backfield. Steele all the way.
Which probably means crowd noise was a factor. Dont overreact to a bad game. Collins is by far the highest potential RT on the team right now.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Collins is our RT and Steele is our swing guy. Neither of them are very good at those roles tho. I’d move Steele back to RT and move Collins to LG at this point.