Who thinks Kellen will succeed?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been groomed to do this job his whole life. He's a coach's son with a high football IQ. Yes, I think he will succeed but I don't know for sure.
No one really does, but I give him a better than average chance as a rook OC, if no hindrance from above.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I like his ideas of running the same plays from different formations, less predictability. I also would like to see motion used to help the QB with pre-snap reads, would also like to see some new route trees.

This is all based upon what I've seen from Boise state, hope it translates over hear, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

visionary

Reaction score
Next, let’s ask the group who thought he had no business getting even the QB coach gig and who *****ed nonstop about the organization for *that* hire for two straight weeks what THEY think about his chances at OC are. That should be fun.

Next let's ask the group who thought Garrett was Landry junior and would bring us multiple SBs

10 years later reality sets in

I still remember all those "Believe" threads

You would think we would have been done with 'OC in training ' and learned that you (Jerry, Stephen and Garrett) cannot teach something you don't know

But no, we love to live in la la land because the reality of no SB in 23 years is painful

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How is it possible that Floaty has yet to chime in on this?

I think Kellen is screwed because he doesn't have a QB. :popcorn:

1. Dak isn't smart enough to run his complicated...multi formation...tons of sight adjustments/motion @ the line of scrimmage...based on what the defense gives him. Dak just doesn't process information fast enough...and Kellen can only coach him up from the sideline so much.

2. White could be the guy....but he's never gonna get a chance. Too many people want the other guy for selfish/$$$ reasons.

3. Cooper regressed last year....

4. And we will never bring in a real QB to challenge Dak for the starting job.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's been around intelligent people his entire life. It's about Innovation game planning for your opponent. I definitely think he has the skills necessary to do that. Go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Kellen is screwed because he doesn't have a QB. :popcorn:

1. Dak isn't smart enough to run his complicated...multi formation...tons of sight adjustments/motion @ the line of scrimmage...based on what the defense gives him. Dak just doesn't process information fast enough...and Kellen can only coach him up from the sideline so much.

2. White could be the guy....but he's never gonna get a chance. Too many people want the other guy for selfish/$$$ reasons.

3. Cooper regressed last year....

4. And we will never bring in a real QB to challenge Dak for the starting job.
I think someone just doesn't understand us see the whole picture.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next let's ask the group who thought Garrett was Landry junior and would bring us multiple SBs

10 years later reality sets in

I still remember all those "Believe" threads

You would think we would have been done with 'OC in training ' and learned that you (Jerry, Stephen and Garrett) cannot teach something you don't know

But no, we love to live in la la land because the reality of no SB in 23 years is painful

Were there people in that group? I don’t remember seeing people ever saying that.

If it actually ever happened, you probably wouldn’t have any trouble finding a thread where it’s relevant. There are plenty of Garrett threads on the board.

visionary

Reaction score
Were there people in that group? I don’t remember seeing people ever saying that.

If it actually ever happened, you probably wouldn’t have any trouble finding a thread where it’s relevant. There are plenty of Garrett threads on the board.

:laugh:

Of course you 'don't remember ' :muttley:

Your mentor the great 'cowboy historian' the original 'believer' of Landry junior was here then

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:

Of course you 'don't remember ' :muttley:

Your mentor the great 'cowboy historian' the original 'believer' of Landry junior was here then

Not sure what you’re referring to here, either, but whatever. You can always link to it if it happened and you think it’s somehow relevant. Otherwise, you’re just pulling something off-topic out of your butt and hoping no one notices.

visionary

Reaction score
Not sure what you’re referring to here, either, but whatever. You can always link to it if it happened and you think it’s somehow relevant. Otherwise, you’re just pulling something off-topic out of your butt and hoping no one notices.

It's been fun to see blind apologists like you squirm as you go from

'He's Landry junior and will bring us multiple SBs' to 'he's still a good HC' to now 'he's the best HC that can work with Jerry'

Now it's on to the next 'coach in training' the great Kellen Moore

:thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been fun to see blind apologists like you squirm as you go from

'He's Landry junior and will bring us multiple SBs' to 'he's still a good HC' to now 'he's the best HC that can work with Jerry'

:thumbup:

Off topic again, and quoting something I’ve never said and that you can’t bother to support. Another quality post, visionary.

I’m at a loss for the total lack of respect you seem to have earned from the community here after all these years of sharing your opinions.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Who is a believer that Kellen Moore will be good OC?

I really do not know if he will develop into a good OC but I think from everything I've read he has a great offensive mind and comes from a coaching background and was a big winner at the college level a QB but is this enough to carry over to becoming an NFL caliber OC?

I don't know at this point. I do know the history of first time OC's and it isn't great. Ask me after 6 games. I have no doubt that he's intelligent and hopefully a better listener than Linnehan was. I'm neither a believer nor a non-believer

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Who is a believer that Kellen Moore will be good OC?

I really do not know if he will develop into a good OC but I think from everything I've read he has a great offensive mind and comes from a coaching background and was a big winner at the college level a QB but is this enough to carry over to becoming an NFL caliber OC?

Great question and very popular at the moment

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think someone just doesn't understand us see the whole picture.

I probably got a better perspective than anyone on this board....

1. I've played QB....Been there...done that...

2. Played @ Boise St.....so I know the culture.

3. Been a Cowboys fan since 1978....So I know the butchery of how the Cowboys/Jerry have handled the franchise since Jimmy left.

Screw it...I could post reasons all day. Fact is this....

It's hard to have success when you have as many cooks in the kitchen as the Cowboys do...and everyone thinks they are the king schnizzle top chef.:rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't know at this point. I do know the history of first time OC's and it isn't great. Ask me after 6 games. I have no doubt that he's intelligent and hopefully a better listener than Linnehan was. I'm neither a believer nor a non-believer
Sign on.

I wish I knew what Moore has shown to make the Cowboys believe he is ready.

I do know this. Jason Garrett can make the most brilliant playcalls as an OC. What he missed was an understanding of the flow of the game, the play to play and down to down consistency needed to run a playoff type O. His big play ideas simply didn't work against the good teams. For instance, way too many times we threw some 30 yd pass on 1st down, forcing us to face 2nd/3rd and long. This did get a bit better after Kitna took over for a short stint, as Kitna understood this. Which is why I'm personally excited to see if this combo will work.

What I'm thinking is that the combo of Garrett's ability to call big plays combined w/ an OC who understand how to move the ball(Hopefully) consistently can become a good combo. Scary? Hades yes.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
With the news coming out of training camp we already know its going to be the same offense as before. Run first, offense. It appears Moore is just going to put lipstick on a pig so to speak. For those of us that were hoping for an entire NEW offense and scheme, this Moore elevation wont satisfy that.

Where did you read run first offense. I read same plays out of different formations to keep the defense guessing. That is the same approach that the Rams take. Run first offense is play calling and not schematics.

Anyway no matter what I hope that his ideas and touch to the scheme, and his game flow play calling is lights out better then Scott’s.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I KNOW he will be better than Linehan! That's good enough for me. He'll keep getting better, if they stay out of his way and let him coach.

giphy.gif

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Spot on, I like him, but the last egghead hired from nepotism didn't do too well. How can we determine anything when hasn't called a game yet? I have reserved optimism but do like that he's young, intelligent; this doesn't equate into creativity as seen w/Garrett, is not Linehan, and is familiar with spread offenses.