Who thinks Kellen will succeed?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's okay if you don't like him. I'm going for the ride I'm enjoying it my cowboy brother. I've been a fan before Rodger Staubach. How could you not like the star and what it represents. When I was in the military all you could watch was the Cowboys. I live in New England 25 minutes from Gillette Stadium screw the Patriots. LOL

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lmao, the qb performance was pretty damn average this season, he threw for 23 tds. This FO is the only team that thought about giving Moore an oc job.

Laugh all you want, but my any reasonable objective Dak's performance last season improved over the year prior. And if you can't recognize that *any* front office promoting a position coach to any coordinator role after his first year of coaching is a huge vote of confidence, then your opinion on the matter isn't frankly worth taking all that seriously.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but my any reasonable objective Dak's performance last season improved over the year prior. And if you can't recognize that *any* front office promoting a position coach to any coordinator role after his first year of coaching is a huge vote of confidence, then your opinion on the matter isn't frankly worth taking all that seriously.
I'm just here for the truffle popcorn...
Where the Hell is my truffle popcorn?!!!

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I'm glad to see some of you come around to the genius that is Kellen Moore. Just know that if the offense doesn't come together in 2019, it will be on the players and other coaches not being able to keep up with Kellen's brain. I feel fortunate to have known about The Boise State Way for many years. People in Texas by comparison are very slow to catch on. I just hope that the Cowboys can shed the mind-numbing influences of Texas and learn to appreciate the once in a lifetime opportunity Kellen presents.
Is this sarcasm or are you really on a Cowboys forum insulting people from Texas?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol only our FO, no other FO wanted Moore as an OC

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
As long as Garrett doesn’t meddle too much I believe he will be successful. Apparently he already has from a few games he called last year...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Is this sarcasm or are you really on a Cowboys forum insulting people from Texas?
I remember, ages ago, my mother was drunk and we were discussing something and she broke out:
"You think you're so smart... You'd be just another nobody in New York City!".

Lol... And then I got to know people in NYC.
Nope, I'm still smart.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Did any other team want to interview him? Any sources?

I never made a claim that they did. You claim to know what the other NFL teams did relative to Kellen Moore, so back up your statement.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Who is a believer that Kellen Moore will be good OC?

I really do not know if he will develop into a good OC but I think from everything I've read he has a great offensive mind and comes from a coaching background and was a big winner at the college level a QB but is this enough to carry over to becoming an NFL caliber OC?

He sounds like Garretts Puppet but Im hopeful. We're prolly gonna see the same ole te dominated passing scheme as always. It will be a four td a year te core as always and they never will be able to make the winning plays. We'll get dominated in the playoffs due to a lack of variety in the personell groups and formations. Our tes wont improve. Our #2 wr might get 3-4 tds and our #1 wr maybe he'll break 7tds for once in his career.

Who is gonna be a dominant scoring threat on offense? All our guys or just avg at scoring. Our tes and #2 wr is unproven.

I see a low scoring offense based upon averages

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol only our FO, no other FO wanted Moore as an OC

You don't know that.

And it's irrelevant anyway because our front office was the only one in a position to evaluate his work, and they thought he was deserving of a massive promotion after one season.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You don't know that.

And it's irrelevant anyway because our front office was the only one in a position to evaluate his work, and they thought he was deserving of a massive promotion after one season.
Lol you know damn well if any other teams were interested then it wouldve been reported. I get it, you defend every move, doesnt make you a better fan

jwitten82

Reaction score
I never made a claim that they did. You claim to know what the other NFL teams did relative to Kellen Moore, so back up your statement.
Common sense...you really think if teams were interested that it wouldnt be reported?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol you know damn well if any other teams were interested then it wouldve been reported. I get it, you defend every move, doesnt make you a better fan

It’d have been tampering. It wouldn’t have been reported unless a club asked permission to speak with him and the Cowboys granted it.

But it’s academic. The only thing that matters as far as this point is concerned is that his actual employer gave him a massive promotion after his first season coaching.

And I don’t defend every move. I’m just not a giant baby when it comes to moves I disagree with. I wasn’t in favor of making Moore OC, for example.

And I recognize that being smarter and more rational doesn’t make me a better fan. It just makes my opinions more likely to be accurate.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Some play but can't coach or broadcast...lol!! Some coach but can't play (Kellen Moore) I hope. LOT of "Hail Mary's" on this one.

Reaction score
serious questions.......what has kellen done specifically to warrant OC? what in his past resulted in success that leads to optimism here?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I believe he has all the tools to succeed, but as a Boise State fan, I know people will feel like I am being bias. That is why I haven't really tried to engage into too many debates about it. Even when he was still playing for Boise State the chatter around town was that his ultimate success would come from the coaching platform. Nobody around here expected him to make it in the NFL as a QB.

So, time will tell......................

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
My biggest issue for hiring him as QB Coach was his lack of coaching experience. We have a young QB that needed(needs) someone that has experience in breaking down/coaching mechanics, fundamentals, footwork, etc. By all accounts Kellen is very bright and his strengths were in breaking down film, strategy and the concepts of Linehan's offense, it seems he was more hired to be Linehan's assistant than Dak's coach. Why not bring in a second experienced QB Coach that works with Dak on his fundamentals on a weekly basis? Golfers use swing, putting, short game coaches between tourneys, baseball teams use hitting coaches that work daily with players on improving and maintaining their strokes, basketball teams use shooting coaches to work on the fundamentals daily. Kellen may have worked with Dak on fundamentals, but how much time would he really have while working with Linehan breaking down film, working on strategy and installing the weekly game plan? I thought Kellen would have been a good choice for a vet QB that doesn't need the extra attention working on mechanics and can focus on the game plans.
Ain't KELLEN a southpaw also? I recall a couple fellow members alluding to the fact of Dak's mechanics in Coaching training tips were gonna' be 180° opposite & quite possibly confusing to one or the other,,,er,,,or maybe even both of them,,,:lmao:,,,

*ya, this "crew" here in Castle Dallas is something else.