Who was a forgettable Cowboys player you'll never forget?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Devonte Holloman.

I was certain that kid's trajectory was to be a rock solid linebacker for us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it was Mike Jenkins because I will never forget the time he intentionally whiffed on trying not to tacked that gnats running back on that run play in the red zone. I never liked his approach to the game.
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/mad_bro-1.jpg

Everson24

Reaction score
Doug Donley. If he catches Danny White's third and seven pass in the 1981 Championship Game, then the Dwight Clark catch never happens. I just knew when he dropped it we would lose the game. It was much like Wes Welker's drop in the 2011 Super Bowl that gave the Giants the ball with enough time to pull out the win.

I have always wondered how Danny White's legacy would have changed with just that one catch. We were a better team than Cincinnati that year so I think Danny gets his first ring and who knows what happens to his career from there.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
How could I forget -- Alexander Wright. The man had blazing speed. I remember him running a kickoff back for a TD. I thought he would be with us for at least a decade.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Too lazy to go through the thread and see who's been mentioned but can't leave out Skyler Green who made the most spectacular 5 yard returns since Lucky Whitehead. Someone posted a highlight reel the day we drafted him of him returning punts and KO's. He looked like a cross between Deon Sanders and Devin Hester. He would run 40 yards in circles for a 4 yard return.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
The two Davids, LeFeur and Bueler.

I really thought LeFeur would be a great player. Chronic back issue ended his career.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Too lazy to go through the thread and see who's been mentioned but can't leave out Skyler Green who made the most spectacular 5 yard returns since Lucky Whitehead. Someone posted a highlight reel the day we drafted him of him returning punts and KO's. He looked like a cross between Deon Sanders and Devin Hester. He would run 40 yards in circles for a 4 yard return.
Me too. But I would mention Randall Williams; he scored the fastest TD in NFL history.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Me too. But I would mention Randall Williams; he scored the fastest TD in NFL history.

Yeah, Randall Williams was mentioned. He was all world in training camp every year, making spectacular circus catches one after another in practice but couldn't catch a cold in a game. His hands would go from Velcro to Kevlar in games. I remember him dropping three passes in a preseason game and then the next day he made two one hand grabs in practice. As soon as the lights went on he would turn into a pumpkin.

Last edited:

Hoods

Reaction score
Ebenezer Ekuban. Always liked him, especially after he sacked a Commanders QB (Thanksgiving game I believed) then dragged him for a couple yards as a celebration.