Who was the worst starting Dallas QB of all time?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
We talking strictly a designated starter or players that started games? Chad Hutchison is easily the worst I've seen and it's not even close. He made QC look like a Pro Bowler.
Lol. I can't disagree with this.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Light hearted fun thread for low brow entertainment. My vote goes for the most obvious of low hanging fruit Quincy Carter.
Great thread, but I have to disagree on Quincy. I thought Quincy was very good but inconsistent at times. He had the talent and a rocket of an arm to have been able to become very good. Too bad he couldn't stay off them drugs during his playing years.

For NFL Films to make a 10+ minute Cowboys career highlight reel of Quincy Carter shows they felt the same about Quincy Carter's potential.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Great thread, but I have to disagree on Quincy. I thought Quincy was very good but inconsistent at times. He had the talent and a rocket of an arm to have been able to become very good. Too bad he couldn't stay off them drugs during his playing years.

For NFL Films to make a 10+ minute Cowboys career highlight reel of Quincy Carter shows they felt the same about Quincy Carter's potential.

He did have a canon for an arm but his decision making on and off the field left much to be desired. It's a shame because I thought he was the bees knees at Georgia.

stiletto

Reaction score

My vote for QC is not just how bad, it was also how long we had to endure the horridness. Given way too long, couldn't believe Parcels made him his starter. Worst mistake.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
He started a few games...

But I cant get the Babe Laughenberger(sp) throws out of my head.

I always revert back to the gap between Aikman and Romo and arguing with fans about QB's...Cowboys went through like 10 guys that were awful before landing Romo. This adds to the "cut a bus driver vs going rookie" debate. It took Dallas many years to find a QB.

But...I remember Babe throwing INT after INT and rug burner after rug burner. Glad Jerry helped him out and he has a good job now. QB was not it.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
He started a few games...

But I cant get the Babe Laughenberger(sp) throws out of my head.

I always revert back to the gap between Aikman and Romo and arguing with fans about QB's...Cowboys went through like 10 guys that were awful before landing Romo. This adds to the "cut a bus driver vs going rookie" debate. It took Dallas many years to find a QB.

But...I remember Babe throwing INT after INT and rug burner after rug burner. Glad Jerry helped him out and he has a good job now. QB was not it.
Ol' Babe Laufenberg. The qb with a noodle arm and toothpick neck. His starts were forgettable to say the least.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Laufenberg, Quincy and Steve Pelleur… Though I’m putting Pelleur in because he was starting when we collapsed in 86, even if it wasn’t all his fault.