Who will be first time Pro-Bowlers?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Aubrey should be a shoe in. Not so sure about Smith, he's a penalty machine.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he's been getting a lot of high praise from commentators, stuff like that helps. High penalty machines on the o-line has been a cancer since flozell the hotel

acr731

Reaction score
Hopefully none because we're going to the Super Bowl game. :cool:
Right? I've said this many times and people just ignore it - Tom Brady hated pro bowl selections because he wanted to play in the other game the following week. Playing in the pro bowl meant he failed to do good enough for the other game. I wish some of our fans would realize this and stop giving pro bowl selections so much clout.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. They got rid of the probowl, there is no longer a game
No, I understand what you're saying. Game or skills contest, people bow out if SB hasn't been played. Darth explained it though. Carry on.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In addition to the usual suspects, who do you think our first time pro-bowlers will be?

Tyler Smith
Bland
Ferguson
Osa O
Aubrey
Bell
Likely Bland, Smith and possibly Aubrey. Ferguson isnt Pro Bowl level right now. Odighizuwa is a PFF darling, but doesnt have the splash production that leads to accolades. Ditta Bell

Havic

Reaction score
Smith, bland, osa (alternate), Aubrey. Idk about bell not because of play but because of snap count

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Right? I've said this many times and people just ignore it - Tom Brady hated pro bowl selections because he wanted to play in the other game the following week. Playing in the pro bowl meant he failed to do good enough for the other game. I wish some of our fans would realize this and stop giving pro bowl selections so much clout.
Yeah, stopped meaning something a long time ago which is why I think they just said screw it and got rid of the game.

Best part though was if it was in your city. I used to work in Hawaii and it was awesome every year seeing all those Cowboys come to town. They're a lot more relaxed and less guarded too. Had conversations with a few players, not just Cowboys. Now it's a travelling circus.

Not happy with the All-Pro selections either. Media shouldn't have that type of control.

acr731

Reaction score
Yeah, stopped meaning something a long time ago which is why I think they just said screw it and got rid of the game. Best part though was if it was in your city. I used to work in Hawaii and it was awesome every year seeing all those Cowboys come to town. They're a lot more relaxed and less guarded too. Had conversations with a few players, not just Cowboys. Now it's a travelling circus.

Not happy with the All-Pro selections either. Media shouldn't have that type of control.
Back in the day I always enjoyed the skills competitions more than the actual game. Do they even do them any more? I don't think I have watched a single pro bowl game in over 20 years.

Creeper

Reaction score
Tyler Smith has 1 more penalty this year than Trent Williams. He has 3 holding calls the same as Williams. I don't disagree he can get very sloppy with his hands, as he did in college, but others get called just as much and are still considered top players.

Having said that, I don't think he is playing at a pro bowl level this year. Maybe next.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Back in the day I always enjoyed the skills competitions more than the actual game. Do they even do them any more?
Saw some of last year's game. Skill game I suppose if you consider water balloon tossing. LOL Some stuff mixed in, but not same as what you're talking about. I used to love watching those too and still see the old clips on Youtube.