Who will be our starting trio at WR if Gallup misses beginning of the season?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Not sure many players showed less than Fehoko, but I guess he could make a year 2 jump.

Carson

Reaction score
Draft this kid in the late rounds. Quick, great hands, special teams returner and Dak will love him because he’s uncoverable and can make acrobatic catches…..but more importantly, they defense will never consider him a threat, kind of like Kupp, but smaller

https://ecupirates.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-snead/11450
He should’ve stayed in school another year. He’s still unpolished and raw.

But you can likely get him late.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. Not yet signed free agent. Name one.
2. Rookie 3rd rounder
3. Simi Fehoko
well

Lamb
Gallup
Washington
Brown
Turner

plus a player to be named later from the draft or like simi etc fighting for roster spots ,

not 3rd ronder, about 4/5

i mean we got Gallup where 4th? deep drafts etc time to develop no need for 3rd unless its cant miss steal and BPA.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Slim to none, and slim just left town.:oops:
another fan dramatic overreaction NONE?:facepalm:

we have a better wr/te roster right now than half the League and i mean look at the packers got for Rogers lol..

Lamb
Gallup
Washington
Brown
Turner

Schultz

Pollard
and the daft coming up

rather focus on THE OL, run game etc the passing part will be fine..:popcorn:

morasp

Reaction score
another fan dramatic overreaction NONE?:facepalm:

we have a better wr/te roster right now than half the League and i mean look at the packers got for Rogers lol..

Lamb
Gallup
Washington
Brown
Turner

Schultz

Pollard
and the daft coming up

rather focus on THE OL, run game etc the passing part will be fine..:popcorn:

Skip Bayless quoted an amazing stat, Dak is 30-0 when they run more that they pass. I would love to have a RB and OL that can take it to the teams that "you can't run against".

blueblood70

Reaction score
Skip Bayless quoted an amazing stat, Dak is 30-0 when they run more that they pass. I would love to have a RB and OL that can take it to the teams that "you can't run against".
that what the opffseoan isd for hopfully they find the run game they ahd fgyhe fiorts8 games.

they are taking a risk but seem willing to retool the OL, i mean Cwill and Collins flat cut says a lot now they will have to fill those roles

I see soem scenarios like,

TS- Biadsz- Farinok-Martin-Steele
Ball and McGovern end up swings add some depth
or

TS-Farinok-biadsz-steele

Or McGovern takes a leap like Steele did

TS-Mcgovern-Farinok-Martin-steele

Biadsz/ball swing

either way a lot of different lineups to experiment with and also what we do int he drafts or further in FA.

biggest area IMO off h offseason to get situated and improved.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is unknown but my only draft guarantee is that they will take at least one WR, where is the tricky part.

How about this opening day WR lineup:

Lamb
#1 draft pick
Washington

Think they won't? Did you think they would after using a #1 on a trade for a WR? Me neither. But many played that BPA card and were happy.

Think they'll take an OG with that first pick? DE? CB? DT? What if the BPA is a WR when they're up? Think the Joneses aren't looking for a little insurance for their QB?

There is a wild card player in this draft for the Joneses because they watched him carry their alma mater to their best season in a long time and he had a bad Combine in a good WR draft but he's not a Combine warrior, Teyvon Burks is an on the field warrior and the closest thing to Deebo Samuel in this draft. And the Joneses also watched Samuels run through their defense designed to stop him.

Some here have reservations that Lamb is a #1WR, what if the brain trust has that same reservation? The name of the game for the Joneses is weaponizing the offense.

morasp

Reaction score
that what the opffseoan isd for hopfully they find the run game they ahd fgyhe fiorts8 games.

they are taking a risk but seem willing to retool the OL, i mean Cwill and Collins flat cut says a lot now they will have to fill those roles

I see soem scenarios like,

TS- Biadsz- Farinok-Martin-Steele
Ball and McGovern end up swings add some depth
or

TS-Farinok-biadsz-steele

Or McGovern takes a leap like Steele did

TS-Mcgovern-Farinok-Martin-steele

Biadsz/ball swing

either way a lot of different lineups to experiment with and also what we do int he drafts or further in FA.

biggest area IMO off h offseason to get situated and improved.
I've posted this before
LT Tyron Smith
LG Green (R), Johnson (R), Strange (R), Bruss (R)
OC Linderbaum (R), Fortner (R)
RG Martin
RT Steele
Swing Tackle Josh Ball or FA

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Creeper

Reaction score
I've posted this before
LT Tyron Smith
RG Martin
RT Steele

Are you saying they will draft a LG and a C? That would be something to see considering it is Dallas. I really like Johnson. I though he looked like the real deal at the combine. I am not as impressed with Greene.

Linderbaum in the 2nd? His size worries me. But he would probably be an improvement over Biadasz who seems to not know who to block half the time. I still think a competition between Farniok and Biadasz in camp would be interesting to see. Too little data on Farniok but when I have seen him play he looks like he can be pretty good. But as I said, too little data on him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've posted this before
LT Tyron Smith
RG Martin
RT Steele
Like i said there's some solid competition here on the roster already, so i doubt they fill both starting positions with rookies..you have to give your 2nd yr layers and others shot you cant keep drafting and throwing them away etc its called development. Like Steele, who most didn't like, made some progress from yr1 to 2. heck Steeles not lock either what if Ball makes push?

farinok, mcgovern, ball and others can make push but addressing the OL in the draft will haven but them ending up starters yr 1

i doubt that.

look forward to the camps and preseason games to see how this plays out.