Who will be our top backup pass rushing DE this season?

Who will be our top backup pass rushing DE this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dorance Armstrong has gotten alot of snaps the last two years and has been terrible

Anae couldn't even get on the field on defense featuring Dorance Armstrong

Tarrel Basham has been unproductive his whole carrer on a near Armstrong level.

Golston is an unknown, but people often talk about his effort and hussle. Meaning he has no real pass rush ability.

So it's got to be Basham. He has is just slightly less unproductive than Armstrong

That's probably a fair way to put it at the moment. I think there's some potential there that gets left out of the equation, but you can't quantify potential since it may never be reached.

Basham's the best backup we've got (at least as far as we know). I hope that Dallas finds at least another one-year "wonder" like Mayowa or Selvie with him, but it's obviously a roll of the dice, which is what we can expect for the FA dollars Dallas is willing to spend. There may have been a few other players we could have signed instead for the low amount we were willing to pay, but we really don't know that. As long as we're lowballing players, all we can do is hope the scouting staff gets lucky identifying a low-cost player ready to step it up a level.

I like the pickup for the money we were willing to pay. I'm OK with adding him to the team considering. There are other players I would have preferred, but I never expected us to go after them. I fully expect Basham to be the top backup because of what's behind him. I also don't expect him to be terrible, because he hasn't been. Neither do I expect him to be great, because he hasn't been. But I do hope that he will be better here than he was with the Jets, and that is a possibility. (He could also be worse, to be fair.)