Who will be the most important person to our success this upcoming season?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the quarter back and head coach the quarterback has to be really good or the rest wont matter

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Jones wants Moore to call the offense and to put his own ideals into play. Garrett wants balance and I agree with him so saying it is his offense is not exactly the case. What he expects from the OC and play caller is to establish a balanced attack

Right, with Garrett's playbook. Like I said, there won't suddenly be a ton of motion or misdirection or screens or some version of the RPO.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Its Dak. It's always the player that has the ball in his hands every play. If he plays at a high level, this team is a super bowl FAVORITE. But that level will have to be higher than he's played to this point.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Jones has made it abundantly clear that he wants Moore to run the offense.

You me, like making him offensive coordinator? I thinj that's been established. I said hes not suddenly going to come out and run a ton of new angles, misdirection or motion. He's working with Garrett's playbook still. It's Garrett's offense with a new playcaller.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Its Dak. It's always the player that has the ball in his hands every play. If he plays at a high level, this team is a super bowl FAVORITE. But that level will have to be higher than he's played to this point.

I don't think the Cowboys suddenly jump to a Super Bowl favorite just because Dak plays at a high level. I think they can be contenders for sure though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
  1. I say Kellen Moore. If he can revive this offense and be creative enough to give us an advantage (instead of ordering vanilla for much of a game), I think Dak can give us enough to get us into at least the NFC Championship Game - injuries notwithstanding.
Who say ye!

With most other positions fixed, he's the guy who could provide the biggest delta from last year. Maybe more than Fredbeard, as Looney was ok.

Zeke is probably still the most important, and certainly if we lose him with the current roster.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You me, like making him offensive coordinator? I thinj that's been established. I said hes not suddenly going to come out and run a ton of new angles, misdirection or motion. He's working with Garrett's playbook still. It's Garrett's offense with a new playcaller.
How do you know that?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Not sure about that. Cowboys went 10-6 and won the East without him last year. Not to mention the playoff loss that ended the season in which the defense couldn't stop the run to save their souls.

If not for the tragically awful display on defense, not having FredBeard in the middle
for the LA game would've been a bigger story. Looney did a great job filling in all
season but Donald and Suh are pure studs and he's a backup, and it showed in our
short yardage run game. I gotta believe our Pro Bowl center would win more of those plays.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say Kellen Moore. If he can revive this offense and be creative enough to give us an advantage (instead of ordering vanilla for much of a game), I think Dak can give us enough to get us into at least the NFC Championship Game - injuries notwithstanding.

Who say ye!
Dak has to show he can get it done no matter who is calling plays.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
then ignore the OC and start winning. we can do that.
KM has to be free to call a good game. If throttled by Garrett, then Jones has to step in. If he doesn't, then what was all the fanfare about? But, no matter what the game plan comes to, Dak has to step up and show he has grasped reading defenses and knowing his options. No matter if KM calls the best plays suited to Dak, the opposing defenses will adapt if they are good enough. Every QB worth his salt knows they have to adapt and come through. Audibles, pocket presence, scrambles, looking the safeties off, not eyeballing the intended receiver, pump fakes, and just plain ole hanging on to the ball if you get sacked.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
How do you know that?

How do I know that a rookie OC isn't going to come in with his own offense and throw out the head coach's whose offense has been the mainstay since he came on board, in a season when the team could potentially compete for a Superbowl if they stay healthy? How do I know the offense won't go into TC in said year needing to learn a completely new offense implemented by a guy with zero OC experience and one year as a coach?

Is that a serious question or are you just trolling?

How do I know the sun won't suddenly extinguish overnight and I won't wake up to White Walkers reanimating the undead? Mostly through logic, reasoning and cognitive deduction. But hey, feel free to go by emotion or thoughts and prayers as it were.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
We know what we have in just about everyone else, but Kellen Moore is the true unknown.

Is he able to give this offence a different personality all his own?

That is to be determined.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How do I know that a rookie OC isn't going to come in with his own offense and throw out the head coach's whose offense has been the mainstay since he came on board, in a season when the team could potentially compete for a Superbowl if they stay healthy? How do I know the offense won't go into TC in said year needing to learn a completely new offense implemented by a guy with zero OC experience and one year as a coach?

Is that a serious question or are you just trolling?

How do I know the sun won't suddenly extinguish overnight and I won't wake up to White Walkers reanimating the undead? Mostly through logic, reasoning and cognitive deduction. But hey, feel free to go by emotion or thoughts and prayers as it were.
Yeah how do you know? How do you know Moore won’t bring in his own offense? Got news for you. He will. Jones demanded it.