Who wins the NFC East next year?

Creeper

Reaction score
Looking ahead now that the season is over, who is the team to beat in the NFC East?

The Eagles should have their full roster back next season with the exception of Foles. He has an option year coming up that will hit the Eagles cap for about $20 million. My guess is he will get some big offers from other teams, but it would not surprise me if the Eagles figure out a way to keep him. Wentz has a history of injuries and frankly was not that good when he was playing. The Eagles only have Brandon Graham as a major free agent. They have no cap room now (-$14MM), but letting Foles walk frees up $20 million. Their offensive and defensive linemen are almost all under contract for 2019. They are going to be tough again and hungrier than this year. I believe the Eagles will sign Graham and still add a player or two in the draft or via a trade. Look for them to get a LB and secondary help plus a RB.

The Giants have the #6 pick in the draft and have a few big holes in their roster, including QB. Manning could play another year in which case the Giants will probably draft offensive line in the first round. They could also look to Free Agency to fill holes there. Landon Collins is a major free agent for them but I bet the resign him. I think the Giants could be the most improved team in the NFC next season depending on their QB situation. If they get an offensive line to block for Barkley, look out.

The Commanders have a QB problem. They have some cap room to sign a free agent and some are saying Foles could wind up in Washington, but I am not sure about that. I don't think Alex Smith will be playing when the season starts and Colt McCoy is not going to be good enough. The Commanders have almost everyone on their team under contract. so it depends on what changes they make.

The Cowboys are going to come back looking very similar to what they are now. They have already signaled that they will not be a player in free agency and they have a first place schedule next year. The will plays the Rams, Saints, Bears and Vikings for sure with the Bears and Saints on the road. Cole Beasley is their most significant free agent but they have more cap space than any team in their division. If Lee and Hurns are let go, they will have about $62- $66 million in cap room which they will use to sign their own players.

NY, Washington and Philly have all shown a willingness to improve their roster by signing free agents. Its hard to say how active they will be this year but I am betting the Giants are the most active after letting Eli Apple and Snacks Harrison go in trades.

I believe the Eagles will once again be the team to beat in the NFC East barring injuries of course. But I also think the Giants could be the sleeper team depending on their QB situation.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Since it changes yearly I'm guessing not us and someone we don't expect like Eagles year before. I honestly can see the Giants making a jump vs the Skins...but it is the NFL.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we have a tough schedule but so does the rest of the NFCE,i think our dominance over the eagles and Giants will help.

J12B

Reaction score
With the way Dallas played the 2nd half of the season since Cooper arrived, I gotta say Dallas.

Being objective as I can.

Would say Philly will be their toughest competition

aria

Reaction score
Eagles by a good amount, then Cowboys and Giants/Skins a distant 3rd and 4th.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hard to give a prediction when we haven't seen what the teams do in free agency. If we lose someone like Lawrence and he's signed by one of our opponents I would say that lessens our chances and increases theirs.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Cowboys right now. Releasing Foles gets the eagles to $6M in cap room but with only 46 players. They have to round out their roster somehow and sign draft picks, so still some decisions to be made. They are still the biggest competition, but I think their window is shut a couple of years.

Giants are a sleeper worry - no idea what they are going to do at QB but with the right draft and free agent pick ups they could do OK. I'm concerned that their new GM may be competent, but until I see some better play from the line and QB, pass on them. They need help on defense too.

Washington looks like a dumpster fire wiithout a plan and they have a ton of resource locked in a player who may have to retire.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly the Cowboys have to start as the favorite, with the Eagles a close 2nd.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
With the way Dallas played the 2nd half of the season since Cooper arrived, I gotta say Dallas.

Being objective as I can.

Would say Philly will be their toughest competition
Like they were this year huh?! :lmao:

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I love our team honestly we'll add some nice pieces via the draft and possibly through free agency (Earl Thomas).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys are the favorites. They will be until someone knocks them off.

Eagles are an aging team, and I believe have more cap issues than just keeping Foles or not.
Commanders have a huge issue at QB and it will effect their cap, as Smith's contract was fully guaranteed.
Giants will still have issues but if they fix their OL, even with Eli still there, they can have a pretty good offense.

Eagles will still be the team to be concerned with. But I would not automatic say they are the top team.

Even if we field basically the same team, there is no reason to say we won't be better. Given Cooper will be here a full off season, and those 1st 7 games, Gallup emerging. TFred back.
And just because we won't be big players in the FA doesn't mean squat. We have not been involved with it anyway, and yet the build through the draft from it.

Fans hold to the deal, the division champs are the team to beat when it is others teams. So stay with that when it is us. For there seems no significant changes in store for any team as of now.

aria

Reaction score
Like they were this year huh?! :lmao:
You do realize how much more significant their injuries were than ours, right? It also took OT and a horrible non call against them for us to beat them in the second game. They went as far as we did in the playoffs, you act like we’re that much better.

Assuming they even half the injuries they did last year they will only be better. Biggest question mark is Wentz.