Video: Who would you vote off 'Cowboys Island': Dak, Zeke, Lawrence or Amari?

zerofill

Reaction score
I don't know... Pretty sure most would expect me to say Dak right off the bat. But, they already put us in a position, where you don't know if you can even find a replacement for him now.
I think that ship has sailed a few times, for this upcoming season.

So, I would have to let DLAW go... But, I wouldn't pay Dak a dime over $20mil a year either.

If it were me, I would rather have a chance at winning the super bowl, which becomes a part of history, than owning 5 Bugattis or something stupid with diamonds all over it.
This want... want... want, because someone else is making it, gets annoying after awhile. I think we have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl than Chicago. So, take the $20mil and ****.

Keep playing around, and go somewhere stupid... and no one will remember your name.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak isn't elite but neither is Lawrence. Cooper an argument can be made both ways

Lawrence is 100 percent an elite pass rusher in this league. Its not even a question. The guy had shoulder issues last year and still had 10 sacks and wreaked havoc. Cooper, like any great WR still needs a good QB and a scheme in order to be elite. I believe going forward, we will see an elite WR.

sideon

Reaction score
They all have flaws but the one who can't go is Zeke, and that's because he makes it easier for everyone on offense.
Tank = Great pass rusher and run stopper, but he's gotten back surgery and that's worrisome(still needs to be paid).
Amari = More drops than Dez and is way too inconsistent to pay top dollar to.
Dak = Only clutch because the defense kept games close, if it's anything more than a 1 score lead he's not as good. Not to mention he's an average passer.
Garrett = Should've been gone years ago and his COY award was fools gold.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
LLLOOLLL, people saying Zeke, we have seen this lifetime movie before and it did not end well. Zeke makes number 4, you guys can say 4 yards per average and not taking it to the house but without him in the lineup that offense sucks.
Zeke doesn't make Dak thats just a silly and untrue comment. One of Daks best games came without Zeke even playing and 3 all-pro OL out the game as well. This Dak hate agenda is starting to get childish and foolish with some of the comments.

The answer to the question is Zeke. Sure he is a very good RB and helps this offense but he is also the easiest to replace.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
LLLOOLLL, tell me about it. Guess those 6 games he missed no one remembers but a few.
And guess some only want to remember certain games and not every game. They want to bring up the 6 game suspension but yet Dak went 3-3. Y'all don't talk about this season and what Dak did without Zeke week 17 or how he has less than 50 yards rushing in a game like the Rams playoff game and Dak scores 22 points and gets us in position to tie or the GB playoff game where Dak went off.

Yes Zeke is the easiest to replace. Doesn't mean Zeke isn't good but RB are found every year in every round of the draft. QBs, pass rushers and legit number 1 receivers are hard to find.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It all depends on how much is guaranteed money and how much is incentive driven.

I have no problems with paying for results.

But let's have the results first.

That means championships..

starting with winning the NFC Championship first.

NFC Eastern Division titles are a dime a dozen.

Actually win something of achievement.

not one and done playoff streaks.
Dak wasn't one and done this year in the playoffs, not sure what games you have been watching but you must have missed a game

starfan1

Reaction score
Lawrence is 100 percent an elite pass rusher in this league. Its not even a question. The guy had shoulder issues last year and still had 10 sacks and wreaked havoc. Cooper, like any great WR still needs a good QB and a scheme in order to be elite. I believe going forward, we will see an elite WR.
I guess your elite differs from mine

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't make Dak thats just a silly and untrue comment. One of Daks best games came without Zeke even playing and 3 all-pro OL out the game as well. This Dak hate agenda is starting to get childish and foolish with some of the comments.

The answer to the question is Zeke. Sure he is a very good RB and helps this offense but he is also the easiest to replace.

That is NOT UNTRUE! tell me how our offense looked during the 6 games he missed? I will wait while you get back with me. I know what you are trying to say but till they replace him with someone that can take Zeke place he needs to continue to be the workhorse. Yes everyone always think the RB is the easiest position to replace and then when he is gone for a few games we see how important he really is. Plus most of Daks best games are when Zeke has roughed up the defense, then the pass is easy. Look at the rams game, Zeke had no where to run and Dak did not lead us to victory. Not HATE HOLMES BUT FACT. I am out.
Other than the opening drive the O was like the D.

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
And guess some only want to remember certain games and not every game. They want to bring up the 6 game suspension but yet Dak went 3-3. Y'all don't talk about this season and what Dak did without Zeke week 17 or how he has less than 50 yards rushing in a game like the Rams playoff game and Dak scores 22 points and gets us in position to tie or the GB playoff game where Dak went off.

Yes Zeke is the easiest to replace. Doesn't mean Zeke isn't good but RB are found every year in every round of the draft. QBs, pass rushers and legit number 1 receivers are hard to find.

Yes you tend to remember games where our O looked liked s--- and PO went right out the window. As I stated earlier yes that position is the easiest but till we can find even a good backup for Zeke he needs to hammer that D with 20 or more runs and then 5 to 6 catches out the back field each game.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
And it's the same soreloser whom was wrong back then just like he is now. Sucks to be you. lol
Yep Stephen Mcgee, Trick shot guy, Orton, Cassel, and Weedone was super stars just like you said. :facepalm: you should be a scout. RGIII, Mariotta. Johnny Football. :facepalm::facepalm:

What's even funnier? I didn't have to mention a name and the romo crybaby knew who I was referring too. LMAO

Last edited:

FiveTime

Reaction score
If you compare them talent wise to other players around the league at the same same position then it is Dak by a mile. The other three are probably in the top ten percent at their position. Dak might be in the top half. Running back probably has the shortest average span of high production and might be the easiest to replace. No way I vote Zeke off though. Cooper is not a consideration for me; we saw the difference he made last year with minimal time to work with the team. D-Law is real good but I don't see him as great or a generational talent that you make the highest paid player at his position. It is between Dak and D-Law for me. I vote Dak.

jnday

Reaction score
Exactly, Dak is the one player that limits the offense like no other. Dallas is making a huge mistake to sign Dak to a long term contract. Signing him insures that the QB position will have average play for the next several years. That is unacceptable to me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess your elite differs from mine

Well lets go over it.

Out of D lineman he was tied for 17th in the NFL with 10.5 sacks for 2018. I consider OLBers really as DE's, just in the 4-3 so if you take out DT's hes closer to 15. I certainly wouldn't call that elite, but he was injured for most of the season.

Now in 2017 he had 14.5 sacks and that had him 2nd in the NFL in sacks. That same number in 2018 would have had him 4th in the NFL. He was completely healthy and for me, this is what kind of DE he is. Certainly 2nd in the NFL in sacks makes you elite.

One could argue that one great season doesn't make you elite. Not sure we can really call him injury prone at this point.

Small sample size, but based on a small sample size, if this guy gets his shoulder fixed he is one of the elite pass rushers in my book. Now should he get 20 million a year? I say definitely not. Two good years and some injury problems don't add up to those numbers. I definitely don't think he is a flash in the pan. Watching him play he is disruptive all game long and he faces double teams all the time.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well lets go over it.

Out of D lineman he was tied for 17th in the NFL with 10.5 sacks for 2018. I consider OLBers really as DE's, just in the 4-3 so if you take out DT's hes closer to 15. I certainly wouldn't call that elite, but he was injured for most of the season.

Now in 2017 he had 14.5 sacks and that had him 2nd in the NFL in sacks. That same number in 2018 would have had him 4th in the NFL. He was completely healthy and for me, this is what kind of DE he is. Certainly 2nd in the NFL in sacks makes you elite.

One could argue that one great season doesn't make you elite. Not sure we can really call him injury prone at this point.

Small sample size, but based on a small sample size, if this guy gets his shoulder fixed he is one of the elite pass rushers in my book. Now should he get 20 million a year? I say definitely not. Two good years and some injury problems don't add up to those numbers. I definitely don't think he is a flash in the pan. Watching him play he is disruptive all game long and he faces double teams all the time.

Fair enough I don’t see as much as you do and his stats come in bunches then he disappears when needed most in the 2nd half of season

And between his back and his shoulder and suspensions he’s either missed or played hurt enough for me to question the amount he’s looking for

I do want to keep DLaw but not at the risk of losing jaylon or other pieces

Elite to me is what Mack or miller or jj watt to name few and DLaw is not in that category teams don’t gameplan against him like they do the others IMO hence the money he’s asking for is overboard

I’d give him 20 but not much more and guarantee him 60

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That is NOT UNTRUE! tell me how our offense looked during the 6 games he missed? I will wait while you get back with me. I know what you are trying to say but till they replace him with someone that can take Zeke place he needs to continue to be the workhorse. Yes everyone always think the RB is the easiest position to replace and then when he is gone for a few games we see how important he really is. Plus most of Daks best games are when Zeke has roughed up the defense, then the pass is easy. Look at the rams game, Zeke had no where to run and Dak did not lead us to victory. Not HATE HOLMES BUT FACT. I am out.
You keep talking about the 6 game suspension but fail to mention Dak went 3-3. You also don't bring up other games that Zeke is out or goes below 50 yards. Yes let's talk annoy the Rams playoff game, the one where Zeke did nothing but yet Dak got 22 points on the board and within 1 TD of tying the game but never got a chance because the defense couldn't stop anything.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes you tend to remember games where our O looked liked s--- and PO went right out the window. As I stated earlier yes that position is the easiest but till we can find even a good backup for Zeke he needs to hammer that D with 20 or more runs and then 5 to 6 catches out the back field each game.
I'm not saying Zeke isn't good but you can find a RB easier than you can a franchise QB. If that's what you are arguing than you are wrong and foolish. We can draft a RB in this draft most likely in the 5th round and still get 1000 yards rushing. You aren't going to find a QB in the 5th round to come in and be a 3000 plus yard passer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to know what each has been told. Lawrence is a known and they've spoken openly about Prescott but when they traded for Cooper, think they addressed his contract?

Does the benefit of signing a player under contract to a new one with the savings of not waiting until the contract is up outweigh the option of waiting and exploring options? The assumption is the player is always going to want more when the contract is up and he's a deal before the present contract expires.

Let's say Cooper reverts to leading the league in drops and isn't the X factor in the WR corps with Cobb there and Gallup continuing to improve. If they can handle his salary for this season under the cap, why jump the gun on signing him?

What if Prescott does improve and the passing game with Cooper, Cobb and Gallup takes off and the run game is as important as it is on 90% of the teams, why have big $ in a RB?

What are the odds this team can handle the QB, RB and WR salaries and field the rest of a contender? I don't see a way all 3 of those players can be kept and a contender put around them. They've also got J Smith coming up and B Jones and some are awfully casual with a damned good cover corner. I'd take a good CB over a good RB all day long. Good RB's are among the easiest positions to fill.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh and another thing you are wrong about, the whole Daks best games are after Zeke has roughed up a defense. Let's start with the second Philly game. Everybody knows that Dak and Cooper destroyed that defense in the 4th quarter and over time because they changed the routes. Linehan had them running the same route over and over and Philly cornes were sitting on it. Had Dak and Cooper not changed the routes we lose that game. Had nothing to do with Zeke roughing up the defense. Now his next best game was against the Giants were Zeke didn't play and 3 starters on the OL didn't play either......the other big thing about that game was Linehan didn't make the game plan. So care to make up any other dumb comments that are untrue.