Who's drafting these terrible dlinemen?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah and a 1st or 2nd rounder should show he can play and make some plays in his rookie season, if they make ,mistakes that is ok.
But overall you should be able to clearly see something good about the way they play.
The other thing is some of these players dont want to brown nose the coaches, but if they dont, they are not going to get much playing time.
That is part of being a RKG.
I imagine taco never got on the good side of garrett or marinelli so there he goes.

But I sort of agree with the op, that as far as DL picks, they never seem to do a good job in that area in the last 8 years. So something
is wrong somewhere.

I think that something and somewhere is someone. Rod Marinelli. Once great, now not so much. A coach that's the game has passed by, leaving us with Nick Hayden, Stephen Paea, Joey Ivie, and Taco Charlton.

Time to go.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of the best Dlinemen the boys have historically brought in has been from other teams but $$$$$$$$$$$ it's hit or miss in the draft .....lately has been miss except for a few gems/.
I’m not sure this is true. The best DLinemen over the last decade or so have been Ware, Ratliff, D-Law, Hatcher... going further back, Glover came from another team, but we had Greg Ellis, Leon Lett, Russell Maryland ... Of course Haley came fro m SF.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree.

Been calling for his firing for years.

The game passes every coach by at some point. For Marinelli, we're last that point.

Not only do his "Rushmen" provide inadequate pass rush, their up-the-field at all times techniques leave the defense susceptible to the run.

Time to go.

ultron

Reaction score
In my opinion it's the hardest position to evaluate talent because of how massive the gap is between college offensive lines and professional offensive lines. It's one thing to rack up sacks against Northern Tennessee State and another thing to get a sack vs. all-world Tyron Smith

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don’t expect any improvement on the quality of the DL that are being drafted until Marinelli is gone. I think the type of DL that he prefers is outdated, to say the least. 280lb DL that has to face 330 lb offensive linemen every play is setting the whole DL up for failure. Undersized 1techs has hurt this defense for years. Remember the Golden Cock dominating? Of course you don’t, because it never happened. Dallas needs bigger, faster, quicker DLmen in the future. Hill is from Marinelli’s outdated mold as well and I have little hope for him. They need a quick 340lb one tech to start with and they need to build around him and the quality DEs that they have.

So despite the DL improving every single year under Rod you don't expect any improvement under him?

Makes sense lol

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I won’t read the whole thread but is the same person that is drafting the Dlineman the same guy that has drafted the most pro bowl players in the division. Or does he only get credit for the good

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think that something and somewhere is someone. Rod Marinelli. Once great, now not so much. A coach that's the game has passed by, leaving us with Nick Hayden, Stephen Paea, Joey Ivie, and Taco Charlton.

Time to go.
You left out Trysten Missin’

Beaker42

Reaction score
Which you were wrong about. Wouldn't go posting this freely
He’s wrong about wanting Rod fired? You can put 90% of this board in that group, myself included. He sucks and his input in drafting DT’s has us with the JAG’s we have now.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I won’t read the whole thread but is the same person that is drafting the Dlineman the same guy that has drafted the most pro bowl players in the division. Or does he only get credit for the good
Position coaches obviously have input into who they want and I would assume the PP guy (McClay) takes that to his bosses and they prioritize what players could help improve the team the most.

Unfortunately, it appears Rod has some pics of JJ in some racy lingerie and holds them over his head come draft day.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He’s wrong about wanting Rod fired? You can put 90% of this board in that group, myself included. He sucks and his input in drafting DT’s has us with the JAG’s we have now.

Lol if you think Rod sucks then I'd hate to hear your other opinions

He turns water into wine. DL consistently come here and have career years, they leave and immediately are forgotten.

Thinking he sucks is a ****** opinion with no valid backing to it