Who's drafting these terrible dlinemen?

kskboys

Reaction score
Great players at any position are rarities. O-line and d-line stars get drafted quickly. The cowboys rarely have a chance at a quality d-lineman. So they have little choice but to draft guys like tank and hill. Taco was a head case. David irving had star qualities but another head case. Way too early to judge hill. Look at our lb's and d-backs and you'll see our drafts are rather good.
They've had numerous chances, but they only draft tall guys and ignore any player who might be able to simply hold his ground!!!!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
All you need to know...

84132682.jpg.jpg

i

detroit-lions-2008-feature.jpg
That paper bag has nose tits

Number1

Reaction score
so who's been in charge of these high round draft failures on the Dline?

these are well paid professionals who should be "in charge" of themselves
they are also young and under tremendous pressure, some get stronger, some break
almost every player good enough to get to camp has the physical ability and a pretty good work ethic to get there

"they cut themselves", so Hill's not a failure - pushing rookies on the field - like Conner last year, that failed

what's odd in Taco's case is he was a R1 pick and from what we saw in preseason he was our 2nd best DE
I never once heard he didn't show, or violated team or NFL rules, no fights, no dope ... he ain't dumb
he showed up in shape and performed well enough on field to earn more playing time

aside from that all we know is Taco wanted out, and we have no real idea why?

It seems Taco was originally ticked he wasn't playing more, most wouldn't feel like that if they weren't out performing people playing in front of them - odds are something real ugly was said out of ear shot of the press, something which can't be reconciled

he may play Sunday - the Dolphins replaced Quinn dirt cheap
while we're wondering if Quinn will play and if Randy will put the vape down and if Jackson ...

no offense but blaming Rod (who I never liked) for that is baseless
BTW, it is entirely possible for two sides to both do what they consider morally prudent and still be at odds

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I can't understand why people are putting Hill in the conversation with Taco. Hill is a rookie that hasn't even been in the NFL to week 3 yet. For goodness sake allow these players to show what they can do first.

T-RO

Reaction score
I can't understand why people are putting Hill in the conversation with Taco. Hill is a rookie that hasn't even been in the NFL to week 3 yet. For goodness sake allow these players to show what they can do first.

Agreed. This thread has brought renewed attention to the 'ignore' feature. I'm going to have to use it on a poster or two here.

Some feel the need to hate and blame and presume, all while we are 2-0. Got no time for it.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's b/c Thornhill is already showing out in KC. The Cowboys are ready to win now. They needed to draft an immediate contributor, not a project.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both picks have several similarities. Both players had work ethic type red flags. Both players were considered reaches by many because better players were available. Both times they overlooked the red flags and the better players and decided to go with specific athletic traits overtop of overall football talent and ability. They will need to readdress how they handle DL in the draft just as they did with OL several years ago.

Completely Wrong.

No work ethic issues will Hill.

It'a actually completely opposite.

He was considered a high motor player by both college coaching staffs.

I posted the interview with his D-Coordinator feom his final season which was the DC from the coaching staff that people claimed had issues with Hill. The DC was very complementary of Hill even after the interviewer (Ed Werder) tried to get him to criticize Hill. Werder kept quoting one liner comments from "unnamed" sources trying to make it appear that there were issues with Hill.

The only issues were that the new Head Coach blocked Hill from transferring to where the previous coaching staff had gone and Hill got upset about. Hill was also reluctant to believe the new coaches when they said the previous coaches methods were wrong.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

Hill is just a weird story. Scott Frost left to take the job at Nebraska. He didn't jell with the new coaching staff and only started one game (started 13 the year before). Despite the lack of starts he still put up solid numbers as a Junior. He's a project that needed a Senior season but didn't want to be benched as a former starter. We shall see. 2018 stats:

• Played in 12 games, starting one
• Made 36 total tackles, his single-season career-high
• Had two carries for one yard and one touchdown
• Recorded his career-high three sacks for the season
• Named to the 2018 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List, the 2018 preseason Outland Trophy Watch List, and the Bednarik Award Watch List
• UConn (8/30): Made four tackles with two for a loss of three total yards
• SMU (10/6): Recorded his first collegiate points with a one-yard rush and made a tackle for a loss of four yards
• ECU (10/20): Registered one sack for a loss of five yards and made two total tackles
• Temple (11/1): Had two sacks for a loss of 14 yards and made three tackles
• Memphis (12/1): Had six total tackles, his single game career-high, and three for a loss of eight yards

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All you need to know...

84132682.jpg.jpg

i

detroit-lions-2008-feature.jpg
Agreed.

Off topic: How do you guys post these pics and some gifs without having to use another website source like I have to by using imgur like this?

Wish I knew how to post pics and gifs like you guys without having to use a separate pics/gifs collecting/sharing outside source like I have to.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Agreed. This thread has brought renewed attention to the 'ignore' feature. I'm going to have to use it on a poster or two here.

Some feel the need to hate and blame and presume, all while we are 2-0. Got no time for it.
Totally agree

glimmerman

Reaction score
How can you say Hill is a bust. He hasnt even played yet. Lol. They are going to make sure he knows what he is doing in this system before they throw him out there. Not all DT are donald and suh. Taco was making improvement in everything but his attitude. He played really well in preseason but he already did what he did. All he wants to do is be a situational pass rusher.