Whose future looks brighter the Raiders or the Cowboys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
AT this time. Or better yet, which situation would you rather be in?

-Raiders are basically tanking and currently have huge cap space and 5 first round picks coming up in the next two years. They also have Gruden. But the team is basically starting pretty close to scratch.

-Cowboys are the Cowboys

Thoughts?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Sad what has happened to 2 great franchises. The sad fact is the Raiders will probably turn it around faster than the Cowboys because we have the process king and Jerry.

Pants

Reaction score
If Dallas had gruden, was tanking and had 5 first round picks in the next two years, I would not be happy that they suck, but would be optimistic about the team's future...that assumes that Gruden would be in charge (mini-GM)....other than that, no....Dallas still has a minuscule chance of the playoffs this season...and it just seems like some of the coaches are going to change - I have hope for a different set up coordinators and head coach

Note: my eyes started to well up with the prospect of naming someone else head coach over the carrot

Hardline

Reaction score
Even though both teams are a train wreck I'll take the path the Raiders are on. They have a brighter future
I'm still a Cowboy fan as long as it doesn't cost me any money

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I’ve never had a second favorite team. It’s Cowboys for life and everyone else can beat the crap out of each other!

I don’t get the Gruden love, NFL radio was saying yesterday that he’s responsible for the terrible state of the locker room and they were questioning whether or not the Raiders players had quit during games.

He’s been away from the game so long, and he garnered success with teams other coaches had built before he arrived.

coult44

Reaction score

-Raiders are basically tanking and currently have huge cap space and 5 first round picks coming up in the next two years. They also have Gruden. But the team is basically starting pretty close to scratch.

-Cowboys are the Cowboys

Thoughts?

I'd always rather be a Cowboys fan, not even a question. But the Raiders have been to a more championship games than we have in the past 24 years!!! That, I'm jealous of.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

-Cowboys are the Cowboys

Thoughts?

Have you looked at the rosters, and the difference in drafting between the two teams? Lmao

Cowboys

dcstar

Reaction score
Actually...I am a fan of both. I vividly remember the days of yore when The Oakland Raiders where in the upstart AFL...and the vaunted Dallas Cowboys were in the NFL. I pulled equally for both teams given separate leagues.

In the late 60s and thru the 70's and perhaps a year or two in the 90's.. I always had consternation over who I would root for if they ever met in the Superbowl...but alas...it never came to pass.

Regular season match ups weren't a thing back then, sans the 90's, so no worries there.

Used to love the Raiders vs Chiefs...Lamonica, Irons, Villapiano, Hubbard, Blanda, Otto, Tatum, Atkinson...the list can go on...versus Dawson, Taylor, Garret, Lanier, Bell et. al....them were some games back in the day.

Then you had the Rams...Gabriel, Snow, Jones...you get the point.

Go Cowboys!

catiii

Reaction score
Born here. Grew up w Tom Landry and the Boys. But honestly now? I wish for them to LOSE every week and lose big because Jones has tarnished the Star and I enjoy seeing him embarrassed. This is nothing more than entertainment for me now. I couldn't care less if they win. No more emotional investment. Jones killed that in me a decade ago. And the Clapping Clown is a bloody joke as is this entire organisation - the laughing stock of the NFL. America's team? HA! Not anymore. :clap:I'm old and will die prob before Jones does and certainly before the Cowboys ever win another SB> Up yours Jones for wasting the last 23 years of my Sunday afternoons believing in your marketing hogwash. I think having the Big C opened my eyes to what's REALLY important in life and it's not helping Jones make another billion. Complete class A tosser.

Last edited:

kento40

Reaction score
I’m a Cowboys fan for life, while I’m not happy with the direction this organization is being taken in and the constant acceptance of mediocrity from both the players and coaches, I just have to hope that one day things will click and we will return to the greatness that the older fans were able to experience. With that being said, if Adam gets a long term contract, it will definitely be much harder to root for this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd always rather be a Cowboys fan, not even a question. But the Raiders have been to a more championship games than we have in the past 24 years!!! That, I'm jealous of.

Would you rather be a Cowboys fan with the Raiders roster, HC, draft assets and cap space or the situation that we have here in Dallas?

Carr vs Dak?

5 first round picks in the next 2 years vs 1?

The first pick in the draft this year vs no pick in the first round?

Our current roster vs there current roster?

All those type of things is what I am talking about.

Last edited: