Why Adding Four Compensatory Picks Is “Big Deal” For Cowboys’ Draft Plans

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys have drafted Ryan Switzer, Dak Prescott, Xavier Woods, Charles Tapper, Damien Wilson and Anthony Hitchens all in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds the past 3 years and you guys are trying to convince Cowboy fans not to get excited about having more picks in the 4th and 5th rounds? Ok lol.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
We better hope this is a lights out draft because our scheme sucks. We must win on talent alone. Plug and play/next man up is a joke for the Cowboys.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure we have. I'm not sure what all of these comments are about.
Complain about being inactive in the FA market, or the coaching, or some of the pay on the field....but relatively speaking, this team has drafted well over the past few years.
So stinkers too, btw.
Lots of room for improvement still....

cern

Reaction score
Complain about being inactive in the FA market, or the coaching, or some of the pay on the field....but relatively speaking, this team has drafted well over the past few years.
So stinkers too, btw.
It's easier to judge horses that humans.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
So stinkers too, btw.

More in reference to our late rounders almost never are on the team within 2 years.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I don't understand that line of thinking. Hard to judge a guy based on a position he hasn't held yet. I can't judge anyone accurately in this organization until Jerry relinquishes his title.

you would know if you knew what a person wanted to do if they wanted change. Stephen isnt doing those things and still keeps a job despite bad contracts. Hes not earning the job hes being handed the job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you would know if you knew what a person wanted to do if they wanted change. Stephen isnt doing those things and still keeps a job despite bad contracts. Hes not earning the job hes being handed the job.

What bad contracts are you referring to? And what do you want him to do? Fight Jerry lol? There re instances of him disagreeing with him and winning out. You have him to thank for why we have Zach Martin and not Johnny Football. Its wishful thinking to expect for him to disobey and disrespect his own father. Would you? Or do you?

conner01

Reaction score
Use draft picks to move up, I don't want us to draft the Joey iveys of the world anymore, I call them no hopers.
I would seek quality over quantity
10 players aren’t making the team
I’d start with getting to the top of the second rnd

ShiningStar

Reaction score
What bad contracts are you referring to? And what do you want him to do? Fight Jerry lol? There re instances of him disagreeing with him and winning out. You have him to thank for why we have Zach Martin and not Johnny Football. Its wishful thinking to expect for him to disobey and disrespect his own father. Would you? Or do you?

i worked with my father, and if i believed in something, yes we went head to head, a few times i was wrong, but he knew if i believed in something i went for it. I didnt sit there and get stuff handed to me.

Tyron Crawford, Dezs contract and others.

Yes, Stephen has proven he ll wait til the job is handed to him before he learns and earns it.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Cowboys have drafted Ryan Switzer, Dak Prescott, Xavier Woods, Charles Tapper, Damien Wilson and Anthony Hitchens all in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds the past 3 years and you guys are trying to convince Cowboy fans not to get excited about having more picks in the 4th and 5th rounds? Ok lol.

:hammer::clap:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i worked with my father, and if i believed in something, yes we went head to head, a few times i was wrong, but he knew if i believed in something i went for it. I didnt sit there and get stuff handed to me.

Tyron Crawford, Dezs contract and others.

Yes, Stephen has proven he ll wait til the job is handed to him before he learns and earns it.

You don't think Stephen has gone head to head with his father? At the end of the day, Jerry owns the Cowboys. Not Stephen.

So you can only name two bad contracts? Even though Dez was market value?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is one murderer's row of talent.