Why are the Rangers so bad

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can't be good all the time. They were due for misery. In fact, I think that started when they were one out & one strike away from making the WS a few years back. That's the closest they've come and now it's just turned into a disaster team. In time, they'll be back.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
That's the cost of chasing championships. Had the best record in the AL as recently as 2016 and went all in. Some moves worked, some didn't. And it depleted the farm. You just hope the young talent that they have on the roster right now turns into something.

People who think Ryan was making all those moves are delusional, he had very little to do with either Rangers or Astros run. Even less to with the Astros. Not the biggest JD fan, but without him the Rangers don't even sniff the world series, and for a starved fan who never got to see his team win that will grant him grace to try and rebuild it all again.

But it will take 2-3 more years to where they can even compete for a division again. That's the price most teams not named Yankees have to pay for chasing a championship.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the cost of chasing championships. Had the best record in the AL as recently as 2016 and went all in. Some moves worked, some didn't. And it depleted the farm. You just hope the young talent that they have on the roster right now turns into something.

People who think Ryan was making all those moves are delusional, he had very little to do with either Rangers or Astros run. Even less to with the Astros. Not the biggest JD fan, but without him the Rangers don't even sniff the world series, and for a starved fan who never got to see his team win that will grant him grace to try and rebuild it all again.

But it will take 2-3 more years to where they can even compete for a division again. That's the price most teams not named Yankees have to pay for chasing a championship.

This.

The Rangers came real close to having a mini-dynasty going. But luck or whatever didn't pan out for them.

They've gutted the farm system to acquire guys like Beltran & Lucroy.

And the Fielder trade blew-up in their face.

Now they have to shed some veterans and reload the farm system.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Can't be good all the time. They were due for misery. In fact, I think that started when they were one out & one strike away from making the WS a few years back. That's the closest they've come and now it's just turned into a disaster team. In time, they'll be back.

They've been closer. They went to the World Series in 2010 and again in 2011 when they lost a game 7.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This. The Astros paid their dues. Time for the Rangers to enjoy being in last place every year for awhile.

Enjoy.
Btw, where the heck did the Mariners come from? I mean, they are in 2nd place, right on the tail of the Astros. I was shocked when I saw the standings.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Btw, where the heck did the Mariners come from? I mean, they are in 2nd place, right on the tail of the Astros. I was shocked when I saw the standings.

They've been lucky enough to win a lot of one run games. 12-5.

Their starting pitching is bad and so is their Bullpen. The bats have been on fire for them though. The bad pitching is going to catch up to them sooner or later.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well the Astros pitching for the most part has been very good, as has their D. Their bats are finally starting to heat up. They aren't hitting the long ball like last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
You kidding? No pitching and a bunch of .200 hitters. Bad formula. And did you like sleep through the Darvish trade?!!!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well the Astros pitching for the most part has been very good, as has their D. Their bats are finally starting to heat up. They aren't hitting the long ball like last year.

I was talking about the Mariners in response to your question.

Astros pitching is on a historic pace. Just need the bats to stay consistent and they would be unstoppable.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Angels started out going 13-3. Then proceeded to go 15-20, while at the same time the Mariners were playing a ton of games vs. the lousy AL Central.