Why are the standards for this franchise so low?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

20,259 Messages
    36,995 Likes Received
    Coaches lose their jobs when they don't get results. Plenty of coaches have lost their job while maintaining the locker room. This is another example of the bar being lowered.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

20,259 Messages
    36,995 Likes Received
    I don't agree with this statement although I did in the past. I actually think Jerry has somehow, someway assembled a locker room full of good people who understand what it really means to represent America's Team. This is why I am so frustrated with him not taking the next step and getting them a coach that will give these players a competitive edge on Sundays. Just take the coaching from the current C- level to B and that'd probably be enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

20,259 Messages
    36,995 Likes Received
    People want to talk about McCarthy underachieving with Rodgers, Garrett underachieved too when he lost to the Packers mash units twice in the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

20,259 Messages
    36,995 Likes Received
    lol i swear so many of us are starting to come to the realization that the talent on this roster is pretty good.

5. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,985 Messages
    4,771 Likes Received
    He's methodically rebuilt the offense and defense with very little free agency help. He's been dealt a raw QB who is still finding his way to (maybe) becoming an acceptable franchise QB. This OL is being manned by 60% backups and yet they're fighting their way to the playoffs and just knocked off the #1 NFC contender. This team is in good shape if the QB pans out. I think this Garrett hate is misdirected.

6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

20,259 Messages
    36,995 Likes Received
    Your post is exactly what I'm talking about. The standards are so incredibly low around here you only consider Garrett to have one real clunker. Him losing to a mash unit Packers team at home in '16 with a chance to play a super bowl in your home state is Garrett's most fireable offense. Especially considering it was the offense that let us down. The fact that he was unable to do anything with this oline while they were in their prime is another red flag. There are a half a dozen failures on Garrett's resume that would have gotten him fired at the other premier franchises around the league.

birdwells1 and Vandyr like this.
  7. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,426 Messages
    6,753 Likes Received
    You really have to ask?

[​IMG]

8. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,395 Messages
    4,952 Likes Received
    For the most part it gets tough to sort and respond through all the posts on the same subject IN EVERY THREAD.

I want the Cowboys to win. Plain and simple.

And no matter what you think or say the head coach’s finger prints are on the wins as much as they are on the losses

Jstopper, sureletsrace and Tommy like this.
  9. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,395 Messages
    4,952 Likes Received
    Eagle fanzz need not apply

;)

10. rpntex

rpntex Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    With McCarthy, it’s not a matter of results. What got him fired ws the relationship with Rodgers has become toxic. What QB criticizes his offensive playcalling AFTER A WIN? Rodgers did exactly that earlier this year. The organization had to choose between its coach and its QB.

11. TWOK11

TWOK11 Well-Known Member

2,516 Messages
    6,914 Likes Received
    Winning in this league is hard. You try and make your team competitive every year and hope you eventually catch lightening in a bottle. The days of dynasty building are over.

Garrett has this team competing for the division every year.

sureletsrace likes this.
  12. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,989 Messages
    7,310 Likes Received
    Still not an excuse to keep Garrett around for so long. Garrett is the worst thing that happened to the Cowboys.

dckid likes this.
  13. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,675 Messages
    6,201 Likes Received
    Coughlin....back to back losing seasons.

McCarthy... back to back losing seasons.

Reid.....back to back losing seasons.

Garrett ...back to back winning seasons

..,..Do you understand the difference?

Standards aren't low. It's all about winning Super Bowls. Notice the word is in plural.

In order for this to happen a team must be built for longevity. That takes time and patience but, if done properly, it will be a decade to remember, not just a season

That is and always has been the standard.

sureletsrace and Tommy like this.
  14. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

16,561 Messages
    14,333 Likes Received
    Will "meh" ever be not good enough?

Way back in January, the Break was thinking Garrett needed not just playoffs, but to win a game or two. But digging ourselves a hole, and then climbing out of it and beating a bad division now looks like success.

As long as we make the playoffs and don't get embarrassed in a round one loss, I don't see Jerry dumping Garrett, though you make a good point that Garrett's historical body of work suggests we should move on if we want post season success.

atlantacowboy likes this.
  15. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

3,572 Messages
    3,265 Likes Received

16. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

39,943 Messages
    33,210 Likes Received
    Like he said.....our standards are low so even when we win I guess we can’t even enjoy a win streak. Some would rather whine about the past then live in the present.

17. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

10,247 Messages
    14,029 Likes Received
    If its all about "winning super bowls", how does garret still have a job? He didn't start this process 3 years ago. He's been running the offense since 2007 and the team since 2010. We have ONE playoff win and haven't sniffed a super bowl.

You consider last season a winning season? :facepalm:

18. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

14,186 Messages
    13,635 Likes Received
    So here we are on the vege of the NC Champs and we have this thread , perfect :thumbup:

jjktkk likes this.
  19. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    8,196 Likes Received
    oh hell it's time for the car salesman to come in here crying about the bar. :facepalm:

20. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

3,907 Messages
    6,094 Likes Received

:clap:

morat1959 likes this.