Why are we running a 3-4 if Dlaw cant get pressure

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Lawrence couldn't get pressure last year in the 4-3. He can't get pressure in the 3-4 this year.
Nothing to do with scheme. He needs to pull splinters out of his rear end.
I would like to see Anae at least get some reps in place of Lawrence.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dlaw isnt passrush he's simply to help vs the run. It's been a few years since he's actually been a good pass rusher.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wonder if the Nolan curse is getting to him (and others). One criticism of Nolan in the past is that his defenses are overly complicated and sometimes ask players to do things they just shouldn't be doing. For example, today, near the end of the half, Ryan completed a pass to a WR for about 20 yards and guess who was in coverage?

Lawrence.

Why? That just seems ridiculously stupid even if you are running some sort of zone blitz there.

The Natural

Reaction score
I just looked at a few more clips and they werent in a 3-4 in most situations. There’s two tackles and then they’re standing up the ends for whatever reason, but its not a 3-4

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I wonder if the Nolan curse is getting to him (and others). One criticism of Nolan in the past is that his defenses are overly complicated and sometimes ask players to do things they just shouldn't be doing. For example, today, near the end of the half, Ryan completed a pass to a WR for about 20 yards and guess who was in coverage?

Lawrence.

Why? That just seems ridiculously stupid even if you are running some sort of zone blitz there.

Towards the end of the game when the Falcons were driving the had Poe drop into a zone coverage. He looked completely lost and would have been useless in just about any situation.

JayFord

Reaction score
Theyre running a 4-2-5 variation

Those standing up at the line are going to rush

Chuck 54

Reaction score
First, if we are indeed in a 3-4, then Aldon Smith is probably the pass rusher like DWare. law is more likely a DE....unless your name is JJWatt, the 3-4 DEs are inside the OT and space occupiers. DLaw will always be better as a 4-3 DE just as Ware was always better as a 3-4 OLB.

Sydla

Reaction score
Towards the end of the game when the Falcons were driving the had Poe drop into a zone coverage. He looked completely lost and would have been useless in just about any situation.

He's not a very good coordinator and that has been born out throughout his entire coaching career.

I said at the time, it was the most puzzling hire we made.