Why aren't we going after ET?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What price tag has he talked about? I haven't heard anything about that?

I was referring to his demands before signing with Balt. I'm not opposed to getting him but in my view it has to be on Cowboys terms. I like Earl but frankly I have some doubt about him right now and it seems every NFL teams has some doubts are he would have been scooped up by now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring to his demands before signing with Balt. I'm not opposed to getting him but in my view it has to be on Cowboys terms. I like Earl but frankly I have some doubt about him right now and it seems every NFL teams has some doubts are he would have been scooped up by now.

Plenty of room for doubt.

And it's literally screaming out to the world when - three weeks into the season - there's not even mention of him, much less taking a visit, or signing at this point.

That says toxic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

And it's literally screaming out to the world when - three weeks into the season - there's not even mention of him, much less taking a visit, or signing at this point.

That says toxic.

I agree. That is why I say if the Cowboys were to sign him it has to be on the Cowboys terms.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The idea that the hometown, safety needy Cowboys...who would take a chance on a serial murderer...dont want him, CANNOT be helping things for him in the eyes of the rest of the league.

He wont be playing this year.

CWR

Reaction score

That says toxic.

Which really sucks because we sure could use him. On the other hand if he wasn't toxic he'd probably be in Baltimore. I sure thought we were gonna have Jamal Adams on the roster last year before the trade deadline.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. That is why I say if the Cowboys were to sign him it has to be on the Cowboys terms.

I'm in total agreement on that. In fact, that was exactly what I was expecting them to do after week one. The fact that going into week three, and even with the defensive struggles, there's no mention of him tells me I was wrong. And those that were claiming the team truly didn't have interest were right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which really sucks because we sure could use him. On the other hand if he wasn't toxic he'd probably be in Baltimore. I sure thought we were gonna have Jamal Adams on the roster last year before the trade deadline.

It's frustrating that this team seems to take an 'all or nothing' attitude on the safety position. Either they swing for the fences trying to trade for top names like Thomas (back then) and Adams (last year) or they do nothing. No middle ground.

Reactions: CWR

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Glad we didn't not for the price tag and 2 1st rd picks and a 3rd as well as a player. Seems to be a hefty price for Adams and while he is a very good player has the seahawks defense improved? Granted still early in the season but that is a lot to give up for 1 player
Trade:
Jets deal Jamal Adams and 4th-round pick in 2022

To

Seattle, in exchange for Bradley McDougald (safety), 1st-round pick in 2021, 3rd-round pick in 2021, and 1st-round pick in 2022, source

CWR

Reaction score
Glad we didn't not for the price tag and 2 1st rd picks and a 3rd as well as a player. Seems to be a hefty price for Adams and while he is a very good player has the seahawks defense improved? Granted still early in the season but that is a lot to give up for 1 player
Trade:
Jets deal Jamal Adams and 4th-round pick in 2022

To

Seattle, in exchange for Bradley McDougald (safety), 1st-round pick in 2021, 3rd-round pick in 2021, and 1st-round pick in 2022, source

Agreed, that's an all in type of move and its fun, but damn is it costly. I enjoy the draft. Passing up on guys like CeeDee on cheap contracts is bad for business.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
As soon as you guys answer why no one else is going after Earl Thomas I will answer why Dallas isn't.

CLEARLY something going on there.

CWR

Reaction score
It's frustrating that this team seems to take an 'all or nothing' attitude on the safety position. Either they swing for the fences trying to trade for top names like Thomas (back then) and Adams (last year) or they do nothing. No middle ground.

For sure. I was looking through my fantasy league the other day and we do IDP. I couldn't believe a LB like Todd Davis (denver) was cut and still without a team. I dont know why we wouldn't look at someone like that for example when we are down lbs. Guy has had a nice career and is 28 years old or so. I think he ended up signing somewhere, but it suprises me we didn't hear about him. Maybe not a scheme fit or something, I dunno.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For sure. I was looking through my fantasy league the other day and we do IDP. I couldn't believe a LB like Todd Davis (denver) was cut and still without a team. I dont know why we wouldn't look at someone like that for example when we are down lbs. Guy has had a nice career and is 28 years old or so. I think he ended up signing somewhere, but it suprises me we didn't hear about him. Maybe not a scheme fit or something, I dunno.

I think he ended up in Minnesota.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Raul Alegre said something on ESPN Deportes last Sunday about ET. He actually mentioned an imminent suspension should a team sign him, which I have never heard from anyone in the US media. I am not saying an ex-kicker and current Spanish TV analyst has some sort of inside scoop, but his comment makes me believe the story behind the story is more complicated.

Dre11

Reaction score
Evidently he's got a lot going on or a team would've signed him by now.

You can't just look at it from a Cowboy perspective anymore.

yes you can, without guaranteed money and at this point probably no more than league minimum, you can take a chance as the cowboys. There's a couple other factors as well, ET loves the Cowboys, it's his favorite team, He wants to play for his favorite sand made it known to the world. I would think with the ease he could be cut and a chance to play for his favorite team he'd be on good behavior for at least a season

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes and his self admitted guess was nothing more than a theory. It wasn't meant to be a diagnosis or create some type of treatment pathway. So you can keep the snide remarks, like "playing doctor" to yourself. Its not necessary and completely unwarranted.

All you're doing is saying users here can guess at medical issues. That doesn't surprise me since so many also like to play coach too.

CoachD

Reaction score
Lockerroom cancer. The word is out on Earl Thomas just like Colin kaepernacker nobody needs those headaches.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't been following the ET story much, but with 2 of our 3 starting CBs now out.... our secondary is battered, beaten, and our defense has been atrocious. ET is an all-pro and could make a big impact... what's going on here?
Why have no other teams signed ET...

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
One of the few remaining players in FA that I wanted the team to sign, but of course they didn't or won't.

CWR

Reaction score
All you're doing is saying users here can guess at medical issues. That doesn't surprise me since so many also like to play coach too.

You've got a lot to learn about the internet, and message boards in particular. I also suspect you need to work on your people skills lol.