Why cant we copy the Chiefs

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
Finding next Mahomes might happen or might not happen. But if we dont try, it will 100% not happen. Not sure why Cowboys fans like 6-10 to 10-6 status quo forever. Unless we try, we will never play in any championship games. Trading Draft might be the next Hershell Walker trade.
There will never be a Herschel Walker trade again

jrumann59

Reaction score
IIRC Tyreek almost didn't make it due to off the field issues, he fell in the draft due to a DV arrest in college, and he was suspended by the Chiefs due to child abuse accusations.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Finding next Mahomes might happen or might not happen. But if we dont try, it will 100% not happen. Not sure why Cowboys fans like 6-10 to 10-6 status quo forever. Unless we try, we will never play in any championship games. Trading Draft might be the next Hershell Walker trade.

Don't need a rookie QB who more than not will bust. No thanxs. Keep Dak, draft defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh that's insane Dalton would never......but what weapons did McNabb have outside of a year and a half with TO? It was pretty bad at receiver. Brian Westbrook as a running back was overrated but honestly he and Duece Staley was all I remember. I don't remember McNabb having much there.

The back were very good dual threat in the run and in the passing game, WR not the greatest in the game but produced, TO added a lot in the time he was there and defensively they were strong teams.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
No way Dallas does that with Jerry and Stephen running things. Dallas hasn't drafted a QB in the first round over 30 years and hasn't drafted one before the 4th round in twenty.

Now that I think about it, they had better resign Dak Prescott.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Chiefs had a bus driver QB in Alex SMith. Traded up in draft and drafted Mahomes. We can ship Dak off to some QB needy team and draft the next who we think Mahomes will be. We have our version of Tyreek Hill in our Lamb.

Mcarthy can go head to head against Reid in a lunch buffet.

First off the chiefs didn't trade away Smith and then draft Mahomes, they traded him after Mahomes was there a year. Second you think that there are QB's like Mahomes every year and forget about all the QB's drafted high in the first round, including the very 1st pick, that turned out to be busts. If every QB drafted in the 1st round were like Mahomes we wouldn't see any QB be a starting QB after his rookie contract was up. There wouldn't be a Brady with 20 years or a Rodger or a Brees because those Mahomes type QB's on rookie contracts would rule out those older QB's. has to expensive to keep.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The back were very good dual threat in the run and in the passing game, WR not the greatest in the game but produced, TO added a lot in the time he was there and defensively they were strong teams.

Yeah but McNabb had no one to throw it to aside from the year and a half with TO. And while I think Westbrook was a beast.....he wasn't a great running back or receiver...he did a lot of things well but he wasn't a premiere talent. It was Westbrookk and that's it. Reid has never had Kelce/Tyreke Hill type talent. Hell he didn't even have Sammy Watkins type talent aside from TO.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let me see... uhm, the next great QB, will be that guy from Pick'em Tech.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Chiefs had a bus driver QB in Alex SMith. Traded up in draft and drafted Mahomes. We can ship Dak off to some QB needy team and draft the next who we think Mahomes will be. We have our version of Tyreek Hill in our Lamb.

6duo.gif

Praxit

Reaction score
..we don't have smart personal. Dont you remember? ..;).. Last time we sniffed a deep playoff game, the internet was on Dial-up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

LOL.
Why can't we just draft the best player in football.....

Please tell me this was satire.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Reid is a real good coach but Mahomes...man that guy will win some games he shouldn’t.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@kuyyo_morro Better yet, why can’t we copy the Patriots and find the next Tom Brady in the 6th round? And find the next Belichik, you know, the coach who gets fired in Cleveland and becomes one of the greatest ever.

Also, people want to copy the Buccaneers now, not the Chiefs. Chiefs are old news. Go get a 42-year old QB and an awesome defense. That is the ticket.

Just having some fun. Have some faith in DiNucci.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
The Chiefs didn't just get rid of Alex Smith and hope to get lucky. They brought Mahomes in and developed him. Once they saw he was ready then they moved on from Alex Smith.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
So let's not forget that in the SB they won, if the moron coaching the Niners had just friggin run the ball some in the second half his team would have had a much better chance at winning that game. The same guy who as an OC gave the GOAT the opportunity to come from behind in a SB the previous year I believe!!!!!! In the same manner, BY NOT RUNNING THE BALL WITH A BIG LEAD!!!!
Don't get me wrong. Andy Reid is not a horrible Coach. I think he is a pretty good one. I mean he managed to to a decent job with Donovan McNabb as his QB, heck, he even got to a SB with that scrub. Tom Landry he ain't.