Why Dak deserves to be one of the NFL's highest paid QBs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all hate not winning championships. But most of us don’t let it eat us up inside.
It does me especially when I believe better decisions could be made.

There’s room for all kinds of fans. Sorry but I’m not the cheerleading type.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would hate paying a 15th ranked QB Top 5 money.

I hate not winning championships and I hate how Jerry runs football operations.

Slobber all you want..I’ll critic instead until we reach our ultimate goal.

15th ranked ignores his rushing yards and TDs, and ignores that the Cowboys run more than other teams and therefore Dak doesn’t have the opportunities to run up stats of other QBs. The Cowboys obviously feel he fills the role they ask and has room to get better.

Of the Cowboys try to make him the 15th highest paid QB he will leave and another team will pay him $30+ million/year, and the Cowboys will be stuck scrambling for the best backup QB that is available in free agency and/or drafting someonelate 1st or 2nd round.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

When did these QBs get contracts and who were they, and who else was negotiating a contract at the time?

Cousins got a top 5 contract a year ago. Garappollo got top 5-10 a couple of years ago and he had only been a backup that started a mere 2 games. That’s the kind of world we are living with today. If the Cowboys want to pay $20 million some other team will be happy to pay Dak as a free agent and the Cowboys will be stuck with a bottom of the NFL starter.
They were paid according to their talent level and upside.

I think we are already stuck . We have a mostly star studded offense with a Pro Bowl OL, leagues leading rusher and WR1 with an average to below average passer. Results are a 22nd ranked offense.

That’s how I see it. You’re welcome to your view.

Take away any of those pieces and we’ve seen what we have. It’s not playoff football. I’m not sure why we’re so excited about it!?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It does me especially when I believe better decisions could be made.

There’s room for all kinds of fans. Sorry but I’m not the cheerleading type.
Yes we know. You’re the total opposite. Like I said, don’t let it eat you up. It’s not healthy and it prevents one from being objective.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not saying that Dak doesn't have good games. Just commenting that beating a cellar dweller isn't a convincing sell on his talent.
Beating a cellar dweller? You mean beating the 2017 SB Champs twice in 2018 and winning the NFC East is considered beating a cellar dweller? :huh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes we know. You’re the total opposite. Like I said, don’t let it eat you up. It’s not healthy and it prevents one from being objective.
It’s a little late to change me after following the Cowboys for almost 60 years .

I’d like to think I view the Cowboys in a very unbiased view with my head and not my heart. If family can’t call out their own then who can.

My attitude is much align with most of the local Diehards who’ve been around all of these years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Uhhh, Wentz looks slower than he used to prior to knee surgery. He barely scrambled out of the pocket and was about to get caught and hammered by a big fat Dlineman. Not a good scenario to boast about Wentz's ability to scramble/run just as good as he used to.

By the way, that's not Michael Irvin commentating. That's Troy Aikman.

I appreciate all the lay-ups you give me but damn. Did u watch the video. The co-host at 3:22 says "IRV", do u not know your team. Straight embarrassing[/QUOTE]
You mentioned the 1:35 mark earlier, so quit changing the time stamp and looking ignorant. You're in a Cowboys Forum, not an Eagles one where y'all can spew BS.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Beating a cellar dweller? You mean beating the 2017 SB Champs twice in 2018 and winning the NFC East is considered beating a cellar dweller? :huh:
But we didn’t sweep the 2017 SB Champs? We lost 37-9. And won a meaningless 6-0 game you use as quite an achievement win for Dakster without Elliott.

Maybe you mean the defending champs in an attempt to spin a more favorable narrative . Lol

My money would have been on Egirls in playoffs if we faced them a third time last year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But we didn’t sweep the 2017 SB Champs? We lost 37-9. And won a meaningless 6-0 game you use as quite an achievement win for Dakster without Elliott.

Maybe you mean the defending champs in an attempt to spin a more favorable narrative . Lol
Hello? I was talking about the 2018 season. The Eagles would not be considered defending champs in 2017 when they actually hadn't won the SB until the end of the 2017 season, would they? Earth calling Greg. Comprende? lol

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
30 mil is the going rate for a starting QB. It has nothing to do with skill set, arm strength, stats, or playoff victories. The market is the market. And it's set at 30 mil.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hello? I was talking about the 2018 season. The Eagles would not be considered defending champs in 2017 when they actually hadn't won the SB until the end of the 2017 season, would they? Earth calling Greg. Comprende? lol
It’s the way you worded it. Looked like you meant we swept the 2017 SB Champs which we didn’t. And you didn’t say defending champs. Details details are important when all we have is words.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were paid according to their talent level and upside.

I think we are already stuck . We have a mostly star studded offense with a Pro Bowl OL, leagues leading rusher and WR1 with an average to below average passer. Results are a 22nd ranked offense.

That’s how I see it. You’re welcome to your view.

Take away any of those pieces and we’ve seen what we have. It’s not playoff football. I’m not sure why we’re so excited about it!?
Who is “they”? Are you talking about Garappollo, who had only started a mere 2 games? You think that is better evidence than actually winning games.

It’s very naive to think supply and demand has nothing to do with it. If there were ample supply of high quality QBs nobody would get $30 million because teams could sign just as good a QB for less. The reality is that isn’t the case, and the obvious evidence is about 1/3 of the teams don’t have a quality NFL starter. There just isn’t enough supply to go around, which drives up the demand, which in turn drives up the price. It’s basic economic principles.

Think about it. Why would a person pay $250k for a house if they could get just as good a house in the same town in just as good a neighborhood for $125k? They wouldn’t, but if they want a certain type of house in a certain type of neighborhood, they have to be ready to pay what the market dictates.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
30 mil is the going rate for a starting QB. It has nothing to do with skill set, arm strength, stats, or playoff victories. The market is the market. And it's set at 30 mil.
I see no reason Dakster shouldn’t be more in line with Foles 4 years 88 million deal than Wilson’s 4 year 140 million deal.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree but the difference is what they do with that talent when they have it. So far all we have is a couple division titles and 1 playoff win.

How are we going to do with less talent around him? And why the window will be closing soon if we over pay based on his talent level.

Aikman struggled without all the supporting cast . But look what we accomplished when he had it. That’s the difference.
Right now we have the money to keep the band together.. Sign Cooper and Elliot we still have a few years.. This is a win now team bro.. I am figuring a 3 year window before things start falling. Same with all teams because of the cap..

It don't look like Dak is going give a team discount. I have heard that he is actually involved in the negotiations but haven't heard of him saying he will take less that market value. barring injury he or at least his stats are going to look better than last season. Healthy O-Line and Gallup coming on and a whole year or Cooper taking the top off of defenses..Cobb just maybe a upgrade over beez. Bro the Offense looks to be potent this year.. If our Defense takes the next step we are going as far as last year. If the standard is 32 this year whats it gonna be next year. This FO is already sold on him and is signing him regardless of us..Thats the problem bro.. Its gonna happen so if it is then lets do it before we end up paying him 40 mil a year.. LOL.. If he has the season I think he is gonna have with this talent around him then sign him now. If you even wait till the bye week then the price goes up.. And they are going to do this anyways...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no reason Dakster shouldn’t be more in line with Foles 4 years 88 million deal than Wilson’s 4 year 140 million deal.

I posted this earlier, but Foles has played 7 years to Dak’s 3 years, yet Dak has more career wins, only one less career TD, and less than 300 fewer career yards than Foles, plus a higher QB rating. In addition, Foley’s has started 9 games over the last 3 years to Dak’s 48 starts.

The fact is Foles had a great playoff/Super Bowl run in 2017, and that has fooled fans into thinking that kind of play is his norm. But it isn’t. Foles hasn’t had a strong season since 2013, and other than 2013 has never had as strong a season as Dak’s worst season. Plus he’s 5 years older.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s the way you worded it. Looked like you meant we swept the 2017 SB Champs which we didn’t. And you didn’t say defending champs. Details details are important when all we have is words.
Huh? Understand English, ol' buddy?

Here is what I originally wrote:

"Beating a cellar dweller? You mean beating the 2017 SB Champs twice in 2018 and winning the NFC East is considered beating a cellar dweller?"

Pretty clear what I meant and was talking about. Very clear details.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I posted this earlier, but Foles has played 7 years to Dak’s 3 years, yet Dak has more career wins, only one less career TD, and less than 300 fewer career yards than Foles, plus a higher QB rating. In addition, Foley’s has started 9 games over the last 3 years to Dak’s 48 starts.

The fact is Foles had a great playoff/Super Bowl run in 2017, and that has fooled fans into thinking that kind of play is his norm. But it isn’t. Foles hasn’t had a strong season since 2013, and other than 2013 has never had as strong a season as Dak’s worst season. Plus he’s 5 years older.
BOOM!!!! That should silence ol' Greggy...

...but it won't.

His dislike of Dak and Jerry is off the charts. Believe it.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Fact check: We were 3-3 during Elliott suspension.

You really need to get your facts right before you step up to the plate with me.
I'll step to the plate.

You've admitted to me before when I pointed out you were intentionally ignoring facts that you do so to spin them to fit your narrative as any good debater would.

You've also thrown terms out that you refuse to define according to the way you see them. The FACT that you've been offered a brush to paint as you've seen fit and refused to do so shows you to be a clown.

Facts.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
If Dak leads us to the NFC title game next year, then okay, he's worth Top-5 QB money.

If not, no. Sorry, that 24-year drought is long enough.