Why Dak deserves to be one of the NFL's highest paid QBs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That could come back to haunt the Slobbering Dakster homies. Lol

Who BTW are beginning to resemble those Romo romantics. Getting all butthurt over their hero getting criticized.
Not from me. If Dak starts messing up, trust me, I'll be right there with you guys bashing him. But so far, Dak has done well, especially under certain circumstances.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Generally , probably so. But I seriously can’t imagine Dakster being more valuable than Foles in FA.

Take Dak out of this offensive talent around him and he’s a bottom feeder IMO. Much like we saw without Elliot in 2017 and Cooper last year. Average to below average and non playoff team.
Were you around in 1989. Aikman was on a talentless team that year and he won zero games. You have to be one heck of a QB to win without talent.

GenoT

Reaction score
Nawww.. we went to playoffs 3 times in 4 years 2006,07 and 09. Many thought we were headed in a better direction then too. This has the same odor.

As usual , we aren’t as good as some think we are. Yea, we will see.
I stand corrected.

My biggest concern is the O-scheming/play-calling.

Linehan did reasonably well with above-average-accuracy passers like Matt Stafford (DtL) and Tony Romo (he failed miserably in 2015, when he had to adjust to lessor QB talent), but it was pretty obvious he wasn’t gonna be able to maximize Dak’s somewhat different skill-set.

As much as this season will depend on Moore, who is purported to be the Dak Whisperer, our old buddy Garrett is gonna have to work hard in helping Moore transition into his new position.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I really don’t care about your questions. They had nothing to do with my post. It’s a lame attempt to deter my narrative.

I guess you forgot that Smith and Martin were still Pro Bowlers last year. And we saw how ineffective Dakster is without WR1.

That’s my point. We’ve already seen what he is without this Pro Bowl talent around him.
Ha ha ha!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I stand corrected.

My biggest concern is the O-scheming/play-calling.

Linehan did reasonably well with above-average-accuracy passers like Matt Stafford (DtL) and Tony Romo (he failed miserably in 2015, when he had to adjust to lessor QB talent), but it was pretty obvious he wasn’t gonna be able to maximize Dak’s somewhat different skill-set.

As much as this season will depend on Moore, who is purported to be the Dak Whisperer, our old buddy Garrett is gonna have to work hard in helping Moore transition into his new position.
Yep.. greater talent makes coaching look smarter. Lesser talent can make them look like idiots.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not from me. If Dak starts messing up, trust me, I'll be right there with you guys bashing him. But so far, Dak has done well, especially under certain circumstances.
Time will tell.

I’m not sure how long we’ll be able to surround him with this good supporting cast. Let’s hope this isn’t the ceiling.

Lesser QB’s have won championships. It’s just tougher needing greater supporting cast and coaching.

GenoT

Reaction score
Yep.. greater talent makes coaching look smarter. Lesser talent can make them look like idiots.
I suppose it comes down to a certain amount and/or balance of the two (coaching and talent).

One thing’s for certain...if you’re seriously lacking in either one, you’d better have a helluva lot of the other.

bodi

Reaction score
Dak hasn’t come close to bombing yet...why would he suddenly bomb in his 4th season?
:huh:

If you’re gonna play the “what if” game, suppose Dak leads us beyond the divisional-round for the first time since the 1995 postseason; possibly all the way to the SB promised land?

what if

If that were to happen, and Dak HADN’T been extended before this coming season, we might then be looking at the first $40mil per QB in 2020.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don’t really understand your point.

We just changed OC/play-callers because the FO obviously believes that Moore will be an improvement over Linehan. In other words, Linehan failed.

If the FO is correct, then Dak was actually being handicapped by Linehan in his first 3 seasons; which still resulted in 2 postseason appearances and woulda likely have been 3, had not Zeke been suspended for 6 games in 2017.

Once again, where is the indicator that Dak might be a risk to bomb in his 4th season?
:huh:

I see no risk at all. I think he will be a great bomber. Just needs it to be a big part of the offense and he now has the receivers to get deep consistently. Familiarity also plays a role.

Brax

Reaction score
Nate Burleson makes the case why Dak Prescott deserves to be one of the NFL's highest paid QBs...

Like Nate Burleson said, "Show respect for Dak Prescott."

And like Michael Irvin said, "When you have the heart and soul and leader of your team at the quarterback position, I don't know why we're talking about his money," Irvin said. "That's worth $15-20 million, by itself, a year. Now you got to pay him to play football also. I mean, let's be real here. It shouldn't even be a discussion when we talk about it, and the amount of wins this man has had, and the way he's won football games. It shouldn't even be a discussion. It really shouldn't."

PS: Someone show me Wentz making such plays and pulling rabbits out of some magic hats like Dak is shown have done. Yet, Wentz got paid...

:popcorn:

Lets pay him $45 mil a year so he will be a bargain 5-6 years from now and not hold out because he's disrespected in 3 years. even though he has never done anything in his football career, pay the man, the guy might do something you never know, just saying. Your Dak love know no bounds. Another of your Dak is great threads.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Romo says hi, HE. I see that Dak haterade is nice and salty.
I think its funny you automatically think I hate Dak and Im a Romo fan.
The more you talk about wanting to see dak get all this money the more I realize your not a REAL Cowboys fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Giants picked 6th in the 2019 draft. Cellar dweller.
Division games are always competitive. Maybe you’re too young to remember that the only game the Cowboys won in Aikmans rookie year was against the at the time undefeated Commanders. And Aikman didn’t even play.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets pay him $45 mil a year so he will be a bargain 5-6 years from now and not hold out because he's disrespected in 3 years. even though he has never done anything in his football career, pay the man, the guy might do something you never know, just saying. Your Dak love know no bounds. Another of your Dak is great threads.

This is a nonsensical argument. Obviously you pay him within his market value, and the point that it won't be top 5 in a few years is simply to show that the only reason it might be now is because of timing and market conditions and not because that is where he would be ranked among all QB's. It's really a very simple concept that some oddly cannot or refuse to grasp.

As for never having done anything, are you under the impression that only Super Bowl winning players get to negotiate new contracts? That a team has to win it all before its players get a chance to get a payday commensurate with the market for their services?

Tell me, what did Jimmy Goroppollo do to get his big contract? Was it the first game he started for NE, or the last one that was the great accomplishment that merited a big contract? Don't bother looking at all the games he started in between the first one and the last one - there weren't any.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If he plays all season like his second half and gets better , maybe he does but its a lot of IFS to pay a guy early that much money..hes under contract maybe we wait and see how 2019 goes , yes it will cost more after but id rather KNOW..

in his favor heres link

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-this-really-is-nothing-new-with-dak
I tend to agree with you. If he is getting better and has a great season they should gladly pay him with confidence. But if he has a 3200 yd season and 20 tds with 10 int I dont see how you can pay him in the 30 mil range.