Why Dak still sucks

Zman5

Reaction score
Boot legs. Roll outs. RPO's. Unplanned scrambles.

This is the only way Dak and the offense can be successful. Dak cannot throw accurately from the pocket on a consistent basis, despite all the efforts of Linehan and Garrett to do so.
If fans want a QB who can throw from the pocket under all circumstances and win games, then Dak isn't your guy. He can't do it.
If fans are OK with Dak doing what he did yesterday, then Dak will be OK. We just need to upgrade the coaching. As well as the WR's and TE's.

Dak is a divisive guy because different fans want different things from their QB. And he is not, nor will he ever will be, a Aaron Rodgers type who is all things to all people. He is not accurate enough from the pocket.

He will never put up elite numbers like Mahomes or Brees. He can't do it. The offense isn't designed to do it anyway. If that's what you expect, you will be disappointed even when they win.

That's what I am reading here.

We need to upgrade the WRs, TEs, and the Coaching regardless who the QB is. Coaching especially. Look at the Rams and how the same players improved tremendously once they changed the coaches.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.
17-27 for 183 and 2 TD, 83 yards rushing with 1 TD. QBR of 94.7. Cowboys win 40-7. You’ve proved yourself to be ignorant. Eat **** and go away troll.

Zman5

Reaction score
Yardage stats to rank a team or a player is meaningless. Ranking based on points is much more important.
I'll take QB who averages 200 yards and 3 TDS any day over a QB who averages 300 yards and 1TD.

Ken

Reaction score
They weren’t Empty yards though Ken. The chiefs scored 30 points and won the game.

I see the point you’re trying to make. But Mahomes wasn’t empty stats either.
I will go back and take a look at it. The numbers aren't supporting that he played all that great. Low completion percentage, 2 ints and high yards sounds like guys made plays for him. (YAC)

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry will give him 160 million for an 8 year contract .

He will also extend Garrett .

And will pay a huge amount of money to kellen moore.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Why do some feel such a desperate compulsion to try and ensure nobody enjoys a win? I don't think anybody is saying this one game elevated Dak into an elite status, or that it magically solved every problem the Cowboys have, but Dak and the team had a very good game. Why can't some leave it at that and just enjoy a win? What the hell is the point of being a fan if you can't enjoy a win in which the team played very well?

That dudes not a Cowboy fan just a fan of his own opinions and predictions

Ken

Reaction score
I will go back and take a look at it. The numbers aren't supporting that he played all that great. Low completion percentage, 2 ints and high yards sounds like guys made plays for him. (YAC)
Went back and reviewed it...definitely a mix of what I said but he did make a few fantastic throws but a lot of easy throws because his guys get a ton of separation. Hill...even #20 played 10 yards off him.

His two picks were bad decisions and throws...had a few more where he threw behind or into double and triple coverage.

When he figures out the game...well if he does..,he will be unstoppable.

Just raw with great tools and amazing weapons right now.