Why Dak still sucks

Blackrain

Reaction score
The hatred has reached beyond pathetic.

Yep its a shame Time to start not even responding to these fools . They are just trying to justify there predictions and opinions after Dak has made them eat Crow and there choking on it. We can just have a good discussion in the fools thread but not include him . He just wants attention that's why he posts this crap then the Romos chime in because it fosters there agenda .

What a hoot we got a bunch of miserable fans here there as dysfunctional as Jerry has made this franchise . They would rather we loose fits there agenda better , they sure cant enjoy a win and seem bound and determined to try and spoil it for the real fans who still follow the team . So Damn them it was a great win against a good team stew in your juices fake fans .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bolded is exactly what khiladi is talking about. You said, "of course they were not throwing the ball much," but as he has repeatedly pointed out, the Cowboys tried to pass 10 times in the 3rd quarter. They could not get 49 yards in those 10 attemps. Dak was 3/7 for 26 yards, 2 sacks, and 1 scramble. With a couple more passes in the 4th he was 4/9 for 32 yards (3.55 YPA). So, it wasn't a lack of attempts that kept him from 200 yards, it was a poor 2nd half throwing the ball.

First Half - 13/18 - 151 (8.38) - 2 TD
2nd Half - 4/9 - 32 (3.55)

There were 10 pass plays called, but 2 of the pass plays called ended up with the QB being sacked, and another with Dak scrambling for 28 yards, so the ball was never thrown on 3 of those 10 plays. Then there were 2 of the pass plays called that ended with Dak throwing the ball away when he couldn't find an open receiver, so that's 2 more in which no receiver was even targeted. That leaves just 5 passes where a receiver was targeted.

In any case, what is the significance of a less than stellar passing quarter anyway, especially when playing with a big lead and therefore being extra careful not to force the ball and turn the ball over to give the opponent a chance to come back? It's a quarter - no QB is stellar every quarter they play.

As for calling it a poor 2nd half throwing, they only threw 2 passes in the 4th quarter, so that statement isn't exactly reasonable.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
I don't like Dak as a QB, but he had a very good game Sunday. He did the things that allow him to be successful as a QB. I don't know if it was the coaches finally letting him be Dak or if it was a fluke and he will go back to being the same player he was for the last year. However for this game he was great. Here's hoping its a weekly thing from here on out.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
There were 10 pass plays called, but 2 of the pass plays called ended up with the QB being sacked, and another with Dak scrambling for 28 yards, so the ball was never thrown on 3 of those 10 plays. Then there were 2 of the pass plays called that ended with Dak throwing the ball away when he couldn't find an open receiver, so that's 2 more in which no receiver was even targeted. That leaves just 5 passes where a receiver was targeted.

In any case, what is the significance of a less than stellar passing quarter anyway, especially when playing with a big lead and therefore being extra careful not to force the ball and turn the ball over to give the opponent a chance to come back? It's a quarter - no QB is stellar every quarter they play.

As for calling it a poor 2nd half throwing, they only threw 2 passes in the 4th quarter, so that statement isn't exactly reasonable.

The point has been stated repeatedly. That Dak being under 200 yds is not from a lack of them trying to pass in the 2nd half.

khiladi

Reaction score
The bolded is exactly what khiladi is talking about. You said, "of course they were not throwing the ball much," but as he has repeatedly pointed out, the Cowboys tried to pass 10 times in the 3rd quarter. They could not get 49 yards in those 10 attemps. Dak was 3/7 for 26 yards, 2 sacks, and 1 scramble. With a couple more passes in the 4th he was 4/9 for 32 yards (3.55 YPA). So, it wasn't a lack of attempts that kept him from 200 yards, it was a poor 2nd half throwing the ball.

First Half - 13/18 - 151 (8.38) - 2 TD
2nd Half - 4/9 - 32 (3.55)

Don’t forget that one of those incompletions was a horrible throw that Ramsey came down with, but couldn’t keep his feet in bounds. It exemplifies how bad a Dak gets at times, where he tosses wild passes up with shoddy mechanics, off his back foot and across his body that can kill drives. That would have given the Jags the ball back after just scoring 24-7 and could have changed momentum. Another score in the third and they are right back in it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dak was trying to show the world his passing abilities in such a situation being up so much so he could tell the world how he can pass.

I’m often astonished how much Dak actually gets lucky not getting INTs.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don’t forget that one of those incompletions was a horrible throw that Ramsey came down with, but couldn’t keep his feet in bounds. It exemplifies how bad a Dak gets at times, where he tosses wild passes up with shoddy mechanics, off his back foot and across his body that can kill drives. That would have given the Jags the ball back after just scoring 24-7 and could have changed momentum. Another score in the third and they are right back in it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dak was trying to show the world his passing abilities in such a situation being up so much so he could tell the world how he can pass.

Maybe he has a rabbit's foot up his Richard Gere...

Reactions: G2

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Fantasy football players need their stats.

I would concede to you that the more important stat is wins.
I'm not a huge Dak supporter but he was efficient the other day and for the most part his recognition and accuracy seemed better than in most recent games this year. It wasn't by any stretch an epic game but very efficient and he played well.

the concern I have is--Dak is under 200 yards more than he's not. And in today's NFL that simply isn't a recipe for success.
You will win some games if you average under 200 yards passing but you will also lose a lot of games.

I don't want to turn this into a "stats" argument but if Dak continues to hit around 170-180, 40-7 victories are going to very few and far between.
In that scenario we'll see a lot more Seattle and Houston type losses and that should concern us all, regardless of the "fantasy" implications.... ;)

Them

Reaction score
...So Dak and the Boys win a hard fought game, and win against a very worthy opponent….and the best you can come up with is...Dak still Sucks!??,,
after you buddy....after you!:)

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
blah blah.. whatever, I'm just hanging on by a thread watching this crap. 1989-1990 was the last year I watched the NBA crap. The NFL is getting closer.
Give Garrett an extension and Dak millions and it's about over..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Never will dislike any Cowboys QB so much that it will make me nitpick and be upset over a QB having an positive game which leads to a win. Whether it was Romo passing for 300 yards, Dak passing for under 200 or a new QB coming in and throwing for over 500 yards, as long as that QB performs will and consistently enough for the Cowboys to win games. :)

And I've been cheering for Dak to play well and want him to play well. And he does need to improve in some areas. If can keep playing like he did against the Jags then great, he'll have earned playing at least other season as the Cowboys starter. If he struggles too much then the Cowboys will have to draft a high prospect QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Fantasy football has ruined fandom. Its made a lot of idiots out of fans as you can see by this thread.

If Dak someone throws for 300 yards against the Skins, then there will still be a thread made nitpicking at something he did wrong. Especially if Dak throws for 300 yards, has a few passing TDs and no turnovers, yet the Cowboys still lose the game. I'm convinced Dak could play the perfect game and some Cowboys fans will rush to discredit it, either by breaking down his missed passes/almost turnovers or just saying that the team he played well against really isn't good to therefore his great performance doesn't count.

HungryLion

Reaction score
All this BS arguing over 200 yards. The mythical 200 yard benchmark.

200 yards as a benchmark doesnt matter. Not in the least.

What does matter is YPA. Now Dak’s YPA was still lower than I would like against the Jags. I would like to see his YPA be a full yard or so higher.

This team isn’t built to throw the ball 30+ times a game. So being that far beyond 200 yards per game isn’t a realistic expectation most games. Unless we expect him to average 9-10 YPA. Which is a bit much considering the level of talent at receiver.

If Dak averages 8 YPA over his 25 attempts that would have put him at exactly 200 yards. So even having a solid YPA against the jags would have only put him at exactly 200 yards.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score

Dude. How much are you going to obsess over that throw.

Ramsey is the best CB in the league. You’re obsessing over a near interception by the best cornerback in the league and hammering on it over and again. I mean sheesh.

The receiver also misplayed the heck out of that ball too by the way. Didn’t even turn his head to look at it. Otherwise he had a chance to catch it.