Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Hardline

Reaction score
The eagles coach only needed two years.
Jason has been here for going on nine years.
He is in debt to us for four Super Bowl championships.

Either get a championship this season or get the hell out of here. Your noose has finally tightened.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s weird how the players and the people who know him all say he’s a good coach, and the people who judge him solely on the team’s W/L record, er, the team’s playoff W/L record mostly don’t think he’s a good coach.

I wonder if there’s maybe a lesson to be learned there. Probably not.

GenoT

Reaction score
That’s a heaping pile of bs you’re spewing. If they didn’t think he was capable of doing the job, he’d be gone. The people that matter the most wants to win as bad or more than the fans.
“They” thought Gailey, Campo, Parcells* and Phillips were capable of doing the job.

The above coaches are all gone, as Garrett should be.

Please tell us...what exactly is it about 7 full seasons, 1 Wildcard win and 2 NFC semifinal losses that makes JG so special?

*To be fair, Parcells resigned.

Dre11

Reaction score
Jason Garrett as head coach of the Cowboys. Nope, not a bit of nepotism nor company management involved since the day he was hired as a coach. That man really earned it, let me tell you.

Lol..at the time he became coach, he was the top candidate for 3 different teams one who offered him the job and he turned it down,Where’s the nepotism?

Dre11

Reaction score
“They” thought Gailey, Campo, Parcells* and Phillips were capable of doing the job.

The above coaches are all gone, as Garrett should be.

Please tell us...what exactly is it about 7 full seasons, 1 Wildcard and 2 NFC semifinal losses that makes JG so special?

*To be fair, Parcells resigned.

And they fired all of them in less than 5. who said he was “special”? They obviously think he’s doing fine considering the circumstances that have been circling this team for years, even before Garrett.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
On a recent radio interview, Daryl Johnston suggested that firing Jason Garrett would "sabotage" the Cowboys and that he needs more "time".

Time?

Garrett has been head coach for seven and a half years. How much more time does he need?

I think Moose took too many shots to the head.

I think Moose just wants to keep Garrett employed and way from him. Now that he's gonna be a GM in this new start-up league, he doesn't want ginger snap sniffing around begging for a job.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Troll level strong. Perhaps I am giving you too much credit.
Vibing the same, Alex, and maybe I'm being an arse, but I can't take those questions, the way they are posed, seriously. Especially using the braintrust as the example/affirmation of why JG is allowed to captain the ship.

GenoT

Reaction score
And they fired all of them in less than 5. who said he was “special”? They obviously think he’s doing fine considering the circumstances that have been circling this team for years, even before Garrett.
So...no quibbles about Garrett as HC?

GMO415

Reaction score
Let's stay the course...what could go wrong?
south-park-gas-truck-explosion.gif

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It’s weird how the players and the people who know him all say he’s a good coach, and the people who judge him solely on the team’s W/L record, er, the team’s playoff W/L record mostly don’t think he’s a good coach.

I love you, Idgit :)

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Moose is smart but he's one of the good old boys. He's a lot more interesting as a color commentator than Captain Obvious Aikman, that's for damn sure. His telecasts paired with Kenny Albert (marv Albert's son) are one of the best on the Fox Sunday lineup honestly.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Moose is smart but he's one of the good old boys. He's a lot more interesting as a color commentator than Captain Obvious Aikman, that's for damn sure. His telecasts paired with Kenny Albert (marv Albert's son) are one of the best on the Fox Sunday lineup honestly.
Aikman is a hell of a color commentator himself, there, hoss.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

It really is unfair to judge a professional coach or sports team by their record.