Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It continues to be a one target theme blaming our HC instead of all of the contributing factors.
So basically what you are saying is that the HC isn't responsible for the actions of his coordinator choices and the personnel he should have been involved with?

Funny, that excuse never flew for Wade Phillips around here.

I guess "how's it goin' guys!" and bland repetitive coachspeak is more charming than self-deprecation, tugging on your arm hairs and jiggling your chin fat.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Will Dak be more like 2016 or 2017?
Will Zeke return to his 2017 firm?
Will our OL be improved?
Will our receiving Corp be improved?
Will anyone emerge at TE?
Will our DL , LB and Secondary be improved?

Knowing these answers will better prepare to measure our expectations in 2018.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t have the same roster as 2016. Using that as a barometer is again using that fact to support your narrative.

There’s no way to know what our expectations will be this season until it begins unfolding.

It's great that you're trying to get your Garrett excuses in a row already.

The fact is that we'll never "have the same roster" as the year before.

But the fact also is that the numbers that the 2016 roster put up were strikingly low and very evenly distributed. They're not hard to attain at all. If the players that are still here can match what they've already done, and the young developing players continue to do so, there's no excuse why they cannot approach or match the 2016 performance and record.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So basically what you are saying is that the HC isn't responsible for the actions of his coordinator choices and the personnel he should have been involved with?

I guess "how's it goin' guys!" and bland repetitive coachspeak is more charming than self-deprecation, tugging on your arm hairs and jiggling your chin fat.

It borders on mental illness.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I didn’t hold Wade anymore responsible . If the team collapses on Garrett with our starting QB then he should be fired too assuming Dak isn’t a bust.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's great that you're trying to get your Garrett excuses in a row already.

The fact is that we'll never "have the same roster" as the year before.

But the fact also is that the numbers that the 2016 roster put up were strikingly low and very evenly distributed. They're not hard to attain at all. If the players that are still here can match what they've already done, and the young developing players continue to do so, there's no excuse why they cannot approach or match the 2016 performance and record.
I’d argue the 2016 team over achieved. Using the accomplishments that year as a barometer moving forward is spinning it to support a narrative.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d argue the 2016 team over achieved. Using the accomplishments that year as a barometer moving forward is spinning it to support a narrative.

The only "spin" around here comes from you. With your baseless, unsupported, unsubstantiated noise.

You keep coming up with your sad, pathetic excuses for Jason Garrett underachieving and I'll be here to knock them down.

Maybe you should resort to making up another fake poll?
:huh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only "spin" around here comes from you. With your baseless, unsupported, unsubstantiated noise.

You keep coming up with your sad, pathetic excuses for Jason Garrett underachieving and I'll be here to knock them down.

Maybe you should resort to making up another fake poll?
:huh:
You never respond to the post which do have validity .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think your like the mastererGarrettbater. Lol

More like you think you're the authority on defending the loser. And everything is "Jerry's fault".

You're an uninformed one-trick pony and your act is already old and stale. And thankfully, your past and history has been exposed by multiple people already.

The book is out on you and it's only a matter of time before you're banned here like you were elsewhere.

Tick. Tock.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It borders on mental illness.
It is more like denial. People that still fight tooth and nail defending his honor were the same people who felt Wade Phillips was just the worst ever. And what causes dissonance for them is that after seven years, Garrett has achieved only what Phillips got ran out of town for in not even four seasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
More like you think you're the authority on defending the loser. And everything is "Jerry's fault".

You're an uninformed one-trick pony and your act is already old and stale. And thankfully, your past and history has been exposed by multiple people already.

The book is out on you and it's only a matter of time before you're banned here like you were elsewhere.

Tick. Tock.
Lol. The forum bully. So big and tough behind that keyboard.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is more like denial. People that still fight tooth and nail defending his honor were the same people who felt Wade Phillips was just the worst ever. And what causes dissonance for them is that after seven years, Garrett has achieved only what Phillips got ran out of town for in not even four seasons.

I take comfort in the fact that their ranks continue to shrink. There are a small handful of supporters left holding onto that life raft. And even those few will concede that it's put up or shut up time for him and he either wins or he's gone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett will be ran out as well with a similar collapse.

Jerry can sell 8-8 but not 1-7.